Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: tintin25 on May 30, 2022, 01:53:14 PM
Only use Twitter for the GAA results too.  Have had facebook for years but don't post anything and only use it for club and gym news...well obviously for the odd browse (stalk) too lol

Stalking is ok, as long as you don't 'slide into their dms' or something along those lines? I'm not down with the lingo!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

GAA, soccer, athletics and tech stuff I would be into it's very useful for. I have probably been sucked into reading political stuff on it far too much and it is very toxic. Also there would be some amount of sex pests floating round it.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 30, 2022, 02:07:09 PM
GAA, soccer, athletics and tech stuff I would be into it's very useful for. I have probably been sucked into reading political stuff on it far too much and it is very toxic. Also there would be some amount of sex pests floating round it.

Those cnuts are on everything that gives them the chance to look at images of people/women/kids

That other new one is taking over at the minute tic tok .. even my wife watches it flat out.. couldn't be good for the brain
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

It and instagram I draw the line at lol. (and discord and telegram and stuff like that)

Some of the stuff people come out with on social media is unbelievable really. People should be held significantly more to account. You'd be put in jail for a lot of it and then you always get the no smoke without fire.

Has to remembered on twitter though for important stuff... Biden wouldn't run a campaign on twitter because it wasn't worthwhile so while there's noise on it it's not very reflective of reality no matter how much some think so.

On another note on twitter I see one of those victims campaigners - and one who looked like a decent one not a Frazer sort - shut down all her social media. Incessant trolling.

Turf

McKenna needs help imo. He couldn't be well with some of the stuff he posts.

imtommygunn

What the hell is going on with easyjet?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 30, 2022, 03:24:45 PM

Covid I'd imagine.. if you are still testing positive after 5 days isolation you can't go to work, they haven't the staffing levels to cover the sick leave, same for airport staff that were let go during covid, they haven't replaced them because they got jobs elsewhere and are happy enough with the new job, but with all these jobs available and the locals who voted for brexit to stop the bloody foreigners from taking ours jobs then that's what ya have!

I'm hoping its sorted for mid July !!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: RedHand88 on May 30, 2022, 01:21:01 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 30, 2022, 01:12:48 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on May 30, 2022, 01:02:07 PM
Twitter is a bit like guns in America, it gives you immediate access to do something when you are unbalanced that has long term consequences.

Would most on here use twitter or be active on twitter? Can't get my head around the other social platforms either

I would use it for reading, never for posting because well its a liability. I find it good for breaking news,  goal updates etc. Stuff would appear on it before it appears on traditional media.
I run a mile from any of the political stuff on it. It's unhappy people shouting at more unhappy people.
99% a lurker myself and rarely post. It's a great place if you can avoid local politics and the trans v feminist debates. I do a regular block and delete when the algorithm starts suggesting things I might like and to keep it focused on stuff I actually do like.

RedHand88

Redundancies during COVID not being replaced quick enough now that international travel is taking off again.

Kidder81

Quote from: RedHand88 on May 30, 2022, 06:28:20 PM

Redundancies during COVID not being replaced quick enough now that international travel is taking off again.

Yep

Tony Baloney

Quote from: RedHand88 on May 30, 2022, 06:28:20 PM

I think that's the Dublin Airport excuse despite it being clear for months that things were returning to normal. easyJet's issue is lack of cover for Covid cases. Planes must be a breeding ground for it now there is neither testing nor masks so hardly surprising cabin crew are getting it.

armaghniac

The 101 year old woman doing the parachute jump was a bit WTF. Fair play to her.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

JoG2

Soccer banter (bantz), is there anything less funny?