Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

That's very true and would still be the worst thread for it. It's like the posts after an article on Facebook from Belfast telegraph, descends into pure tripe and hatred
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Wildweasel74

Not staged, not sure why anyone would think that, man just lost the head. Could went up had a quite word with him there and then or after it. Think he tainted his Oscar, its hardly been mentioned. Good Job Frankie Boyle (The Bollacks) ever host the oscars, he lite everybody up.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on March 28, 2022, 08:08:01 PM
Not staged, not sure why anyone would think that, man just lost the head. Could went up had a quite word with him there and then or after it. Think he tainted his Oscar, its hardly been mentioned. Good Job Frankie Boyle (The Bollacks) ever host the oscars, he lite everybody up.

Yeah,  totally tainted  ::)

There was a couple on the radio as I was driving home who suffer with the same condition... for a woman to suffer losing her hair it's a big thing, not just the physical but how you cope with it mentally is what they weee saying, snide comments and slagging was common practice.

They both condemned the slap but had mixed emotions about it. The best thing he should have done had he not cracked up was to call him out when he had the chance, heat of the moment stuff the Armagh game had worse going on.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Wildweasel74

Is there a automatic 10% add on these day? 15euroveach for tea and scone is a god damn disgrace.

Average Score

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 28, 2022, 08:16:58 PM

There was a couple on the radio as I was driving home who suffer with the same condition... for a woman to suffer losing her hair it's a big thing, not just the physical but how you cope with it mentally is what they weee saying, snide comments and slagging was common practice.

They both condemned the slap but had mixed emotions about it. The best thing he should have done had he not cracked up was to call him out when he had the chance, heat of the moment stuff the Armagh game had worse going on.

Armagh must have been playing themselves.   ::)  Smith will be worried about losing the oscar, probably pulling his hair out.

johnnycool

Smith initially laughed at the GI Jane 2 remark, then looked over at the wife and she'd a face like thunder. Smith was probably as pissed off with his own initial reaction and needed to save face with the wife.

Rocks "joke" was probably in the ha-penny place when you think of what Gervais has said in the past.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnnycool on March 29, 2022, 08:20:27 AM

Smith initially laughed at the GI Jane 2 remark, then looked over at the wife and she'd a face like thunder. Smith was probably as pissed off with his own initial reaction and needed to save face with the wife.

Rocks "joke" was probably in the ha-penny place when you think of what Gervais has said in the past.

The girls that had this condition who were talking on the radio said themselves that they embarrassingly would have laughed at the crass comments made at them to not make a scene and always regretted afterwards, so they were not surprised with how he initially reacted and then reacted.

Either way he has said sorry to Rock, his Oscar is pride and place in his downstairs toilet

Hound

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on March 29, 2022, 12:37:33 AM
Is there a automatic 10% add on these day? 15euroveach for tea and scone is a god damn disgrace.
I would say the 10% automatic add-on is very unusual for a hotel.

However, not overly surprised by the price for the scone and a cuppa. This is a 5 star hotel, you're paying for the ambience, location, decor, etc, etc. And probably to brag to your pals "Oh I had afternoon tea in the new Cashel Palace...". I'm sure it's not much more expensive, if at all, than Adare Manor, Westbury, etc. Plus you would receive a menu with prices before you order. So my conclusion is that the person who chose to go there, chose to order, and afterwards chose to complain on social media, is a knob.

thebigfella

Quote from: Hound on March 29, 2022, 09:33:24 AM

However, not overly surprised by the price for the scone and a cuppa. This is a 5 star hotel, you're paying for the ambience, location, decor, etc, etc. And probably to brag to your pals "Oh I had afternoon tea in the new Cashel Palace...". I'm sure it's not much more expensive, if at all, than Adare Manor, Westbury, etc. Plus you would receive a menu with prices before you order. So my conclusion is that the person who chose to go there, chose to order, and afterwards chose to complain on social media, is a knob.

Exactly. It amazes me the people that do this, they rock up to these places complaining the prices are not the same as the Circle K down the road and yet knew this prior to going.

trueblue1234

Quote from: thebigfella on March 29, 2022, 10:02:21 AM
Quote from: Hound on March 29, 2022, 09:33:24 AM

Exactly. It amazes me the people that do this, they rock up to these places complaining the prices are not the same as the Circle K down the road and yet knew this prior to going.

It's their "look at me" post to show they were there there but trying not to look as obvious as the "checked in at etc etc". 
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

J70

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on March 29, 2022, 02:25:54 PM
Pretty amazing statement from Staines Town FC in England...

QuoteStaines Town Football Club (STFC) regrets to announce that pursuant to third party breaches of Section 54 of The Modern Slavery Act 2015 and other information that has come to light, we are forced to temporarily suspend all primary operations including but not limited to competitive fixtures, until a thorough investigation into the practices of Downing LLP has been concluded by the relevant authorities.

In the first instance, STFC has an obligation under The Modern Slavery Act 2015 to ensure that our business and supply chains are free from human trafficking and slavery. Our actions, as a full member of The English Football Association (The FA), are compliant and fully concur with The FA statement on Slavery and Human Trafficking (See attached below). This statement and the adherence to The Modern Slavery Act 2015, has also been adopted by every other National Football Association within the United Kingdom and its major member clubs.

Of particular interest to those involved at all levels of football, both within the UK and globally, it has also come to our attention through both substantive and vast evidence from various sources, that Downing LLP, who control and fund the operation of our Landlord, The Thames Club, may be involved through its other holdings in the financing of large scale bribery and corruption. This includes the current funding of a Swiss Bank with international operations that has been found guilty in the United States Federal Court of conspiring to launder over $36 million USD in bribes to officials within the Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) and other football federations.  These bribes were in furtherance of a scheme in which sports marketing companies bribed football officials in exchange for broadcasting rights to football matches...

https://stainestownfootballclub.co.uk/urgent-club-statement/

Jaysus. :o

quit yo jibbajabba

Ali G be gutted.

Yup, seems crazy tho i wont pretend to fully understand

Taylor

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on March 29, 2022, 03:47:13 PM
Ali G be gutted.

Yup, seems crazy tho i wont pretend to fully understand

Seems crazy but I'm not really grasping the link between bribery and slavery