Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dolph1

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 19, 2018, 06:57:32 PM
Quote from: Dolph1 on December 19, 2018, 05:48:48 PM
Quote from: J70 on December 19, 2018, 03:49:20 PM
Quote from: Dolph1 on December 19, 2018, 03:27:25 PM
https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/education/overhaul-of-schools-sex-education-programme-is-planned-37636226.html

Now trying to force kids to believe that this is normal. I'd advise any parent to withdraw their child when they teach these classes.

Yes, I can see how this would be controversial... for those who want to raise their kids to perpetuate bigotry and intolerance.

If that's the way you want to live your life then that's fine. Keep it at your own house.
For the state force the removal of religion from schools and replace with PC nonce sense is very hypocritical.
Unfortunate typo.

Typo. yes. ;)
Trump 2020. Making America Greater Again

gallsman

Quote from: Dolph1 on December 20, 2018, 11:33:04 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 19, 2018, 06:57:32 PM
https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/education/overhaul-of-schools-sex-education-programme-is-planned-37636226.html

Now trying to force kids to believe that this is normal. I'd advise any parent to withdraw their child when they teach these classes.

Yes, I can see how this would be controversial... for those who want to raise their kids to perpetuate bigotry and intolerance.

If that's the way you want to live your life then that's fine. Keep it at your own house.
For the state force the removal of religion from schools and replace with PC nonce sense is very hypocritical.
Unfortunate typo.

Typo. yes. ;)

Congratulations, you stole a Chris Morris joke. You must be very proud.

Franko

Quote from: Dolph1 on December 20, 2018, 11:32:23 AM
Quote from: J70 on December 19, 2018, 07:01:43 PM

1. I wasn't aware the Irish state was removing religion from schools. If so, it's about time.
2. Tolerance and inclusiveness is not (or at least should not) be either a religious issue or controversial.
3. If we are going to require schools to provide education relating to sex and relationships, then why should only the needs of heterosexual people be addressed?
4. You are doing your kids no favours whatsoever if you are teaching them that homosexuality and transexuality are "abnormal" and to be feared or condemned. And that's without even getting into the real victims of that kind of bigotry, which could even end up being your own children.

Funny how bigoty and intolerance spews from the same people who are now trying to force abnormal sex education on impressionable kids. It's mostly the same lot who petitioned removing first holy communion.
If they want to run such classes do it outside school and get permission from parents first.

A huge proportion of the country would contend that all these statements apply to your beloved religious indoctrination classes.

J70

1. I wasn't aware the Irish state was removing religion from schools. If so, it's about time.
2. Tolerance and inclusiveness is not (or at least should not) be either a religious issue or controversial.
3. If we are going to require schools to provide education relating to sex and relationships, then why should only the needs of heterosexual people be addressed?
4. You are doing your kids no favours whatsoever if you are teaching them that homosexuality and transexuality are "abnormal" and to be feared or condemned. And that's without even getting into the real victims of that kind of bigotry, which could even end up being your own children.

Funny how bigoty and intolerance spews from the same people who are now trying to force abnormal sex education on impressionable kids. It's mostly the same lot who petitioned removing first holy communion.
If they want to run such classes do it outside school and get permission from parents first.

So inclusion and tolerance are really bigotry and intolerance towards those who are bigots, is that right? If that's the case, then the issue is whether the rationale behind bigotry and intolerance is sound. You can go ahead if you like and make the case why intolerance of homosexuality and transgenderism and equality for the same is defensible.

That aside...
1. The state has no business running religious education, unless they run it for all creeds. Its public money. THAT is what should be done outside of school.
2. LBGTQ people may be a minority, and you can even call them "abnormal", but that doesn't mean that their needs should not be catered to just like "normal" people. I'm left handed, among a very small minority of the populace and presumably, in your eyes, abnormal. Should I have been subject to "normalization" or ostracized? In previous times, an aunt of mine was beaten by the nuns in the west of Ireland into learning to write with her "right" hand.
3. I would mention other "abnormal" sections of the population, such as the kids who are accommodated and receive special needs education due to behavioural issues or intellectual disabilities, or even Down Syndrome children, but that brings up reminders of a previous, similar interaction on this board with a lad who went by various identities before being banned, among them No Wides. I can link you to those discussions if you are interested as they tread similar ground. Or maybe they're already familiar...?

JoG2

Dolph1 or over the bar for example....like seriously, what the actual fcuk??

Dolph1

Quote from: JoG2 on December 20, 2018, 02:57:45 PM
Dolph1 or over the bar for example....like seriously, what the actual fcuk??

I know. I can't believe these lads either. Twisted.

Dolph1

Quote from: J70 on December 20, 2018, 01:55:16 PM

So inclusion and tolerance are really bigotry and intolerance towards those who are bigots, is that right? If that's the case, then the issue is whether the rationale behind bigotry and intolerance is sound. You can go ahead if you like and make the case why intolerance of homosexuality and transgenderism and equality for the same is defensible.

That aside...
1. The state has no business running religious education, unless they run it for all creeds. Its public money. THAT is what should be done outside of school.
2. LBGTQ people may be a minority, and you can even call them "abnormal", but that doesn't mean that their needs should not be catered to just like "normal" people. I'm left handed, among a very small minority of the populace and presumably, in your eyes, abnormal. Should I have been subject to "normalization" or ostracized? In previous times, an aunt of mine was beaten by the nuns in the west of Ireland into learning to write with her "right" hand.
3. I would mention other "abnormal" sections of the population, such as the kids who are accommodated and receive special needs education due to behavioural issues or intellectual disabilities, or even Down Syndrome children, but that brings up reminders of a previous, similar interaction on this board with a lad who went by various identities before being banned, among them No Wides. I can link you to those discussions if you are interested as they tread similar ground. Or maybe they're already familiar...?

Being autistic, disabled, down syndrome etc. (even left handed) are not lifestyle choices.
Wondering if you should wear trousers or a dress on a particular day is a lifestyle choice.

Shame on you trying to equate the two in order to make your point.

J70

Quote from: Dolph1 on December 20, 2018, 03:50:17 PM
Quote from: J70 on December 20, 2018, 01:55:16 PM

That aside...

Being autistic, disabled, down syndrome etc. (even left handed) are not lifestyle choices.
Wondering if you should wear trousers or a dress on a particular day is a lifestyle choice.

Shame on you trying to equate the two in order to make your point.

So that's all sexuality comes down to... whether one chooses to wear masculine or feminine clothing!

That should save a lot of people a lot of pain. Been repressing feelings about your sexuality for years? Don't worry about it. Just wear a pair of trousers (or a dress if you're got a vagina) and you're sorted!

I do need to ask though - at what point in your life did you decide you were straight?

rosnarun

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on December 20, 2018, 09:01:24 AM
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/12/16/boys-can-have-periods-schoolchildren-taught-latest-victory-transgender/

The world is moving is a weird direction
this is where patient nonsence meet cold hard biology.
there are only 2 gender that all nature will allow and it does matter how unfair that that's seems to some peol . nothing is ever going to change that  unless we just change the meaning of words till they have no meaning
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

J70

Quote from: rosnarun on December 20, 2018, 04:30:51 PM
Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on December 20, 2018, 09:01:24 AM
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/12/16/boys-can-have-periods-schoolchildren-taught-latest-victory-transgender/

The world is moving is a weird direction
this is where patient nonsence meet cold hard biology.
there are only 2 gender that all nature will allow and it does matter how unfair that that's seems to some peol . nothing is ever going to change that  unless we just change the meaning of words till they have no meaning

Teaching that boys can have periods is utter stupidity.

Awareness and tolerance of transgenderism can be taught without resorting to this type of nonsense.

JoG2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 21, 2018, 02:02:36 PM
Quote from: Insane Bolt on December 21, 2018, 01:58:31 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-foyle-west-46645665

Words fail me😡
Does that really say 3 years for murder?! This place is a sick joke.

if memory serves me right, that Proctor scum was originally jailed for 10/11 years odd for manslaughter, was out in half that even though he didn't assist the police with the case in any shape or form! Sometimes the judicial system boggles the mind. 

playwiththewind1st

Sometimes, you have to really wonder if, underneath it all, this place has changed all that much at all.

Insane Bolt

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46662909

Not sure what the figures are like in Ireland, but when home recently I was shocked to see the number of tents along Portabello Road.