Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windmill abu

Quote from: T Fearon on April 12, 2016, 10:40:57 PM
Changed times.Passed my driving test 40 years ago this month.Took my dad about three months to have the confidence to lend me the car to drive about a mile to the local park to watch summer league soccer.As a result I drove micro carefully so as not to lessen his confidence to let me drive his car.

I have never had an accident in 40 years.

That is because you have been known to turn up early at the City West a week early to avoid the traffic and stay below the speed limit.
Never underestimate the power of complaining

Aughafad

Quote from: Windmill abu on April 12, 2016, 10:49:20 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on April 12, 2016, 10:40:57 PM
Changed times.Passed my driving test 40 years ago this month.Took my dad about three months to have the confidence to lend me the car to drive about a mile to the local park to watch summer league soccer.As a result I drove micro carefully so as not to lessen his confidence to let me drive his car.

I have never had an accident in 40 years.

You were just the result of accident

moysider

Quote from: Under Lights on April 12, 2016, 01:44:54 PM
Death by dangerous driving holds a max sentence of 14 years.
I would say he will get five years in Hydebank holiday home.

I was in Manchester airport yesterday having a bit of breakfast and a man in a wheelchair came along and asked to share the table to order some breakfast. Canadian. Really nice fella. His story was he was idling in stalled traffic when he got smashed from behind. A girl with a puppy on her lap and using her phone basically changed his life. She fought it for 3 years in court. He had a good job he loved but he started to lose balance at work because of nerve damage and was let go. He is left with severe disability and is often in bad pain. His quality of life and life expectancy badly compromised.
I was almost in tears. I d run the Manchester marathon the day before and while a bit stiff and sore I couldn't get my head around being fucked up by some shite driver and not being able to run or whatever again.
Roads are for getting to work etc, not for racing. Accidents happen but there has to be a duty of care there.

Tony Baloney

Unfortunately you only have to drive sensibly for an hour in your lifetime and when you pass that test many people turn into morons on the road. Unfortunately you can be as sensible as you like but you are reliant on all other road users fulfilling their part of the bargain. This lad in Armagh is different gravy though - 17 years old with no licence and by the sounds of it doesn't give a shit.

Makes you pine a bit for "community policing".

moysider

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 13, 2016, 12:20:35 AM
Unfortunately you only have to drive sensibly for an hour in your lifetime and when you pass that test many people turn into morons on the road. Unfortunately you can be as sensible as you like but you are reliant on all other road users fulfilling their part of the bargain. This lad in Armagh is different gravy though - 17 years old with no licence and by the sounds of it doesn't give a shit.

The ' don't give a shit' are too bloody common. Off the top of my head I know of a few recently. I mean I know/knew these fellas rather than hearing about them and that's just me.

One lad tried to climb a tree with a friend's car but luckily killed nobody else.

Another animal gave a girl a lift and left her severely brain damaged and destroyed for life. He did time but is probably the better for it. He was a fat **** and was filleted like a fish by the seat belt and lost 4/5 stone in recovery. Between that and the diet inside he has probably benefited from that crash. The sidekick fella he had with him in the car that day when they gave that girl a lift is one of the most despicable individuals I ve even encounterd. A litany of crashes and other shite to his name, he came out of that smash relatively ok. Neck brace and one arm in a cast but the other free to schull pints and carry on. And boy did he carry on.

seafoid

There is no way to stop young men killing themselves while driving too fast. It's there in the stats in every country. We stayed in a BnB in Longford one time. the  mother of the house was a nurse in Cavan hospital and the night we were there she attended to a serious injury that resulted in death. Boy racer, age 18, who was driving around in circles with a friend to see who could go faster. He lost control and went into a wall.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

No wides

Quote from: seafoid on April 13, 2016, 05:46:32 AM

There is no way to stop young men killing themselves while driving too fast. It's there in the stats in every country. We stayed in a BnB in Longford one time. the  mother of the house was a nurse in Cavan hospital and the night we were there she attended to a serious injury that resulted in death. Boy racer, age 18, who was driving around in circles with a friend to see who could go faster. He lost control and went into a wall.

What about the innocent bystanders unfortunately that these irresponsible selfish individuals take out.

No wides

My thoughts exactly.

Ethan Tremblay

The Monaghan Road would be quite a popular road for running/cycling on and the decent hard should and good straight lends to relative safety compared to most places.  It really was a tragedy.

I've been speaking to a few lads around this fella's age and they all share the opinion that he is nothing but a ****, involved in all sorts and being in incidents with cars before.  I genuinely feel if this had occurred at night time he would have gotten away with it and turning himself in was a formality as he knew he would have been caught, no regret or compassion for the girl whatsoever. 

Hearing about him threatening the woman he purchased the car off has only reinforced people's opinion of the type of person he must be.  Hopefully he gets the book fucked at him the p***k.         
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

laoislad

This is why I could never be a Garda. There is no way I could control myself listening to this sc**bag talk to me like that.

https://youtu.be/koKdFttIg1Y
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

haranguerer

Quote from: Ethan Tremblay on April 13, 2016, 08:51:35 AM
The Monaghan Road would be quite a popular road for running/cycling on and the decent hard should and good straight lends to relative safety compared to most places.  It really was a tragedy.

Even that he was doing something as reckless as undertaking there is paled into significance by his subsequent actions - driving on, lying, trying to cover tracks. Hopefully the book is thrown at him.

One thing I'd note, I regularly see walkers and joggers on that stretch of road, and they usually seem to be in the middle of the hard shoulder, or even on the road side. I've thought in the past that its very dangerous, if someone did get a blow out or genuinely had to use it in a hurry they wouldn't be able to avoid them.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: laoislad on April 13, 2016, 09:04:00 AM
This is why I could never be a Garda. There is no way I could control myself listening to this sc**bag talk to me like that.

What an absolute sc**bag
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

general_lee

If that was psni/ruc.. He'd have got all he wanted and more.

laoislad

Quote from: general_lee on April 13, 2016, 09:59:06 AM

If that was psni/ruc.. He'd have got all he wanted and more.
He would have deserved it.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: haranguerer on April 13, 2016, 09:20:44 AM
Quote from: Ethan Tremblay on April 13, 2016, 08:51:35 AM

Even that he was doing something as reckless as undertaking there is paled into significance by his subsequent actions - driving on, lying, trying to cover tracks. Hopefully the book is thrown at him.

One thing I'd note, I regularly see walkers and joggers on that stretch of road, and they usually seem to be in the middle of the hard shoulder, or even on the road side. I've thought in the past that its very dangerous, if someone did get a blow out or genuinely had to use it in a hurry they wouldn't be able to avoid them.
There are always loads of people walking on it at night with no hi-vis as they believe there is relative safety as it has a deep hard shoulder.