Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

The EU has now started accession talks with Turkey - unbelievable. Anything to sort out the flow of refugees. Anything.

theskull1

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

BennyHarp

Quote from: theskull1 on December 02, 2015, 11:21:21 PM
Hilary f**king Benns debate speech.

Looks like he's elbowing himself into contention for when the inevitable leadership challenge to Corbyn comes along!
That was never a square ball!!

johnneycool

Quote from: theskull1 on December 02, 2015, 11:21:21 PM
Hilary f**king Benns debate speech.

Certainly in contrast with his fathers stance;

"All war represents a failure of diplomacy"

seafoid

Huge increase in suicides of white non Hispanic Americans ages 45-54

http://www.pnas.org/content/early/2015/10/29/1518393112.full.pdf

See the chart on page 3. Suicides, poisonings, chronic liver disease deaths all up since 2000

A bit like the Russian experience post Glasnost

muppet

MWWSI 2017

seafoid

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/dec/10/flipside-online-christmas-miracle-sports-direct

agency workers harangued by public address system for not working fast enough, sick children left at school by their parents for fear of losing their jobs, lengthy body searches and lists of prohibitions for staff, enduring casualised hours. This used to be the stuff of Dickensian fiction – yet it is the daily experience of many workers in the UK today.

At the very least, there is something primitively direct and open about humiliation by loudspeaker. Even more chilling is an account from another retailer's distribution centre relayed to me in recent years: there workers described having to wear wristbands reminiscent of convicts' electronic tags, which not only scanned the barcodes of goods they were picking but tracked their movements. They calculated the number of hand movements made per minute so that workers could be sent a chivvying text whenever their work rate slowed down

Declan

Shocking stuff seafoid alright but not surprising in the world of consumerism gone mad

Mayo4Sam

Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

AZOffaly

A bomb scare in Cahirciveen yesterday apparently. WTF? Outside the courthouse, army called down and all. Mental. I presume it was a hoax/false alarm, but there's no doubt people are on a heightened state of nervousness, even in small country towns in the south of Ireland.

oakleaflad

Quote from: AZOffaly on December 11, 2015, 10:10:58 AM
A bomb scare in Cahirciveen yesterday apparently. WTF? Outside the courthouse, army called down and all. Mental. I presume it was a hoax/false alarm, but there's no doubt people are on a heightened state of nervousness, even in small country towns in the south of Ireland.
Bomb scares in three small villages close enough to me in this past month. A viable device was found in two of them. Have these idiots nothing better to be at?

AZOffaly

Unfortunately you kind of get used to them up in your neck of the woods, but to hear it in Cahirciveen is mental. What could the reason be?

The Bearded One

Peter Robinson saying Tiocfaidh ár Lá
It is what it is. Presumably.