Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

brokencrossbar1

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/garda-investigation-after-iconic-ancient-stone-at-hill-of-tara-vandalised-with-paint-30314709.html

Gardai are investigating vandalism to the Lia Fail Standing Stone at the top of the Hill of Tara in County Meath.

Members of An Garda Siochana are understood to be carrying out a forensic examination of the site after paint was poured over the stone sometime overnight.

At least half of the five thousand-year-old granite has been covered by the paint.

Tourist guides at the ancient site discovered it had been vandalised when they arrived to work this morning.

It is not the first incident of vandalism at the monument, it had been previously damaged in 2012 when it was believed to have been struck with a hammer or similar instrument.

Minister for Arts, Heritage and the Gaeltacht Jimmy Deenihan condemned the incident to the iconic stone.

"This act of mindless vandalism, on one of our premier archaeological sites, is truly shameful," he said.

"The national monuments at Tara, which include this standing stone, form part of our national heritage and history.

"Not only are they cherished here in Ireland, they are also nationally and internationally renowned.

"I call for anyone with any information about who may have been responsible to inform the Gardai," he added.

The Lia Fáil Stone features extensively in ancient texts.

The granite stone is associated with the inauguration rites for the Kings of Tara and was moved to its current position in the early nineteenth century.

f**king idiots,  why would you want to do this, what goes on in their idiotic little minds?

AZOffaly

Hardy

Bastards have done a right job on it. It'll probably have to be moved into the National Museum or somewhere now.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: hardstation on May 30, 2014, 10:26:07 AM
What a waste of a tin of black paint.

I mean, that could have been used to paint out the English on road signs and you would get loads of 'Brits Out' graffiti out of it.

Fcukin idiots.
London Derry

All of a Sludden

Quote from: give her dixie on May 22, 2014, 06:04:07 PM
Loyalist granted bail to appear on Jeremy Kyle Show

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-27637222

A loyalist accused of disorderly and threatening behaviour was granted bail on Wednesday in a Belfast court so he can appear on the Jeremy Kyle Show.

Frederick Boyd asked the high court in the city to free him so he could take a lie detector test on the ITV programme.

The 22-year-old appeared in court charged with disorderly behaviour after waving a union flag and shouting obscenities outside Belfast city hall in January. Specifically: "No surrender. f**k the pope and up the Shankill."

Boyd also faces charges of assault and possession of an offensive weapon with intent after threatening a businessman in Newtownards, County Down this year.

Boyd's legal team applied for his release from jail because they said he had been targeted in connection with something else and beaten up in prison. They said their client wanted to appear on the Jeremy Kyle Show, take part in a lie detector test and clear his name in relation to allegations unrelated to the disorderly behaviour.

"He tells me one of the reasons he's desperate to be released on bail is that he's determined to try and take a lie detector test," his lawyer said in the crown court in Belfast on Wednesday. "He thinks the best way to do that is on the Jeremy Kyle TV show," he said.

The judge asked Boyd's lawyers if this show was similar to the Stephen Nolan Show, the BBC Northern Ireland TV programme hosted by the Radio 5 Live talk show presenter.

Boyd replied that the Jeremy Kyle Show was "more extreme" to which the judge commented: "I can't for a minute imagine that."

Granting strict bail conditions the judge ordered electronic tagging after Boyd asked him to include this to ensure police could not accuse him of any breach. He was also ordered to stay out of the centre of Newtonards.

Directing the accused to seek medical help within three days, the judge added: "You're only 22 years of age and you look about 45. You can't go on like this. You have to get your life sorted out."

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/may/21/loyalist-granted-bail-jeremy-kyle-show-itv

Jeremy Kyle Show lie detector test applicant convicted
Belfast court
A man who wanted out of prison to take a lie detector test on the Jeremy Kyle Show has been convicted of shouting sectarian slogans in Belfast.

Frederick Boyd, 22, formerly of Mark Street in Newtownards, County Down, failed to turn up for his case.

But a judge ruled there was enough evidence to find him guilty of disorderly behaviour and doing a provocative act.

A warrant was issued to have him arrested and brought to court.

During a previous bail hearing, prosecutors said he scaled a pillar at the front of Belfast City Hall on 23 January while draped in union flags and shouted obscenities at passers-by.

Boyd claimed loyalist paramilitaries had put a gun to his head and told him to do it.

At that hearing, it was claimed both Boyd and his grandmother had suffered beatings at the hands of paramilitaries.

He was allegedly further targeted and injured while in custody over an unconnected incident.

Bail
The court was told he was desperate to get out of prison so he could clear his name on those allegations by taking a lie detector test on Jeremy Kyle daytime television chat show.

Boyd had been granted bail last week on condition that his grandmother moved in with him at his new address in Larne.

But as the contested hearing on the City Hall charges was called on Friday, the defence counsel confirmed his client was not present.

"There was some sort of incident last night at his bail address, a fire was started outside the premises," the barrister said.

"He's been subject to paramilitary attacks in the past, but I'm not in a position to say if this was a life-threatening incident."

A prosecution lawyer pressed for the case to proceed in his absence.

CCTV footage and witness statements were available, she said.

After studying the material, District Judge Rosie Watters confirmed: "There will be a conviction in relation to each of the offences."

She then ordered a warrant to have Boyd arrested.

I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

armaghniac

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/uk/man-with-cow-slurry-fetish-jailed-30317566.html

David Truscott (43) repeatedly rolled around naked in cow slurry and developed an obsession with a farm in Redruth, Cornwall.

Exeter Crown Court heard that Truscott, formerly of Camborne, Cornwall, targeted the property over an eight-year period to indulge in his bizarre fetish.

He initially removed cow pats from the farm but his behaviour escalated, with Truscott regularly entering Woodbury House Farm to masturbate in slurry.

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Hardy

I was in a lift this morning. I had to take a picture of the control panel.

AZOffaly

I presume 1,3 and -1 floors are only for use by certain people, and they've put the button the public will be using at the top and brightly coloured to make it simple for them.

Hardy

I prefer to believe it was designed by Father Dougal.

Orior

Do only pricks press the bottom button?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

laoislad

This carjacking craze is getting out of hand in dublin.This must be the 3rd or 4th case of it in recent weeks.
Maybe this will put a stop to it.

A man in his 20s has died following the hijacking of a taxi in the south inner city of Dublin.
The car was forcibly taken from its driver by two men this morning.
The taxi driver was assaulted before being forced out of his car in the Oliver Bond area at about 8.30am.
The taxi later crashed into a pole in the James's Street area and narrowly avoided an oncoming vehicle.
One of the men, a passenger in the car, was taken to St James's Hospital where he was later pronounced dead.
http://www.rte.ie/news...622342-dublin-crash/
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

hairyUlsterman

Terrible caper that about the Stone of Destiny, it is lucky it is still there though, the English smashed the O'Neill inauguration stone to pieces in the 1600's, we never complain about that.

rossiewanderer

Another TV show by pensioned and retired former and currant RTE star Gay Byrne,sorry Uncle Gaybo.

muppet

MWWSI 2017