Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theticklemister

Quote from: fitzroyalty on October 06, 2012, 01:04:29 AM
What a joke. What do these litter wardens do exactly? Just wander/drive about hoping to catch someone drop litter? Do they pick up any litter they come across themselves I wonder?

A mate of mine got done (rightly so) for dropping a cigarette butt in Belfast, but if one came up to and tried to fine me for dropping an apple core I'd tell him to do one.

Some **** from the council was behind in the car and took hiis reg.

fitzroyalty

Quote from: theticklemister on October 06, 2012, 09:38:51 AM
Quote from: fitzroyalty on October 06, 2012, 01:04:29 AM
What a joke. What do these litter wardens do exactly? Just wander/drive about hoping to catch someone drop litter? Do they pick up any litter they come across themselves I wonder?

A mate of mine got done (rightly so) for dropping a cigarette butt in Belfast, but if one came up to and tried to fine me for dropping an apple core I'd tell him to do one.

Some **** from the council was behind in the car and took hiis reg.
Yeah I heard that, but it's not exactly like a traffic warden where the chances are you'll actually catch someone offending. What does he do with all his time? Does he pick up litter he comes across or just waits to catch someone dropping it? Typical jobsworth.

Denn Forever

I never heard of these things before.  What planet are these people living?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/19866191

A teenager has had emergency surgery to remove her stomach after drinking a cocktail containing liquid nitrogen.

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Mentalman

Quote from: Denn Forever on October 08, 2012, 11:19:15 AM
I never heard of these things before.  What planet are these people living?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/19866191

A teenager has had emergency surgery to remove her stomach after drinking a cocktail containing liquid nitrogen.

Holy f**k!!!
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

gerrykeegan

http://t.co/a6vQgYvv

Great footage of a  crash at the weekend at the World Rally Championship
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Mentalman

Man dies after winning cockroach-eating contest

THE winner of a cockroach-eating contest in Florida has died shortly after downing dozens of the live bugs as well as worms, authorities said.

About 30 contestants ate the insects during a contest at Ben Siegel Reptile Store in Deerfield Beach, about 40 miles north of Miami. The grand prize was a python.

Edward Archbold, 32, became ill shortly after the contest ended and collapsed in front of the store, according to a Broward Sheriff's Office statement.

He was taken to hospital where he was pronounced dead. Authorities are waiting for results of a port-mortem examination to determine a cause of death.

None of the other contestants became ill, the sheriff's office said.

"We feel terribly awful," said store owner Ben Siegel, who added that Mr Archbold did not appear to be sick before the contest.

"He looked like he just wanted to show off and was very nice," Mr Siegel said, adding that Archbold was "the life of the party".

Mr Siegel added that Archbold was selling the exotic prize to a friend who took him to the contest.

A statement from Mr Siegel's lawyer said all the participants signed waivers "accepting responsibility for their participation in this unique and unorthodox contest".

The bugs consumed were from an inventory of insects "that are safely and domestically raised in a controlled environment as food for reptiles".

Michael Adams, professor of entomology at the University of California at Riverside, said he had never heard of someone dying after eating cockroaches.

"Unless the roaches were contaminated with some bacteria or other pathogens, I don't think that cockroaches would be unsafe to eat," he said.

"Some people do have allergies to roaches, but there are no toxins in roaches or related insects."

http://www.independent.ie/world-news/americas/man-dies-after-winning-cockroacheating-contest-3254485.html
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Hardy

Wow - this is scary. They've jailed six geophysicists/other scientists in Italy for getting their predictions wrong about the L'Alquila earthquake. They are accused of giving a "falsely reassuring statement" about the likelihood of a major earthquake. It appears, however, that the substance of the statement was to the effect that a series of small tremors did not necessarily mean there was a big earthquake coming. That is undoubtedly true. That fact that a big earthquake did come does not mean that assessment was wrong and to interpret it as negligence seems to betray a major misunderstanding of the concepts of risk and probability. It's almost mediaeval.

Poor ould Michael Fish must be relieved he didn't live in Italy in 1987.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-20025626

armaghniac

QuotePoor ould Michael Fish must be relieved he didn't live in Italy in 1987.

I reckon BCB1 is for the clink if Cross win the Ulster club championship.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Dinny Breen

http://www.thejournal.ie/enda-kenny-european-of-the-year-golden-victoria-648533-Oct2012/

The FG PR machine are working well, first Time and now this.

Probably not a bad thing if this is the perception been held internationally.
#newbridgeornowhere

Declan

I keep thinking of the Apres Match lads and their "good little pixies" when I hear of stuff like this

AQMP

Orange Order to get £3.6m grant from European Union peace programme

The Orange Order has received a grant of almost £4m from the European Union

The Orange Order is getting almost £4m to develop two interpretative centres in Belfast and County Armagh.

Nearly £3m is coming Europe's Peace Three programme with £1m jointly coming from the Dublin government and the Stormont Executive.

The money will be used to expand the Order's headquarters at Schomberg House and Sloan's House, Loughgall.

The extension of Schomberg House will incorporate a museum, including a replica Orange Hall.

Sloan's House, where the first Orange warrants were signed 200 years ago, will include an extension for an extra museum exhibition area.

The Orange Order said Schomberg House would also incorporate a research facility and educational resource, with "access for school and cross-community focused visits".

Its museum is expected to display a variety of artefacts relating to the history of Orangeism around the world.

The Order said five full-time staff would eventually be appointed to work at both sites, which are planned to be operational by the summer of 2014.

The Reach project (Reaching out through Education and Cultural Heritage) received £3.6m from the European Union's Peace III Programme, which is managed by the Special EU Programmes Body.

Grand Master of the Grand Orange Lodge of Ireland, Edward Stevenson, said it was "one of the most significant projects ever undertaken by the institution".

He said: "The aim of this transformational project is to create understanding, education, tolerance and mutual respect through interpretation and creation of shared space.

"The creation of two unique educational and resource centres will tell the story of the foundation of the institution as well as its traditions, development and place in wider society.

"Such world-class developments at both Schomberg House and Sloan's House will also preserve and present the impressive historical collections of the Orange Order in a form that will encourage an informative and engaging learning process."

Pat Colgan, chief executive of the Special EU Programmes Body, said the project would "promote a greater awareness of the history and traditions of the Orange Order".

"By pro-actively reaching out to people, on a cross-community basis, the Order will be able to demystify many of the existing perceptions of what it is," he said.

"This open and honest dialogue will lead to a positive understanding of Orangeism and its place within our society."

The Protestant order celebrates the 1690 Battle of the Boyne victory of William of Orange over Catholic King James II every 12 July.

Its origins date from the 17th century battle for supremacy between Protestantism and Catholicism.

In 1795, a clash between Protestants and Catholics at the Battle of the Diamond led to some of those involved to swear a new oath to uphold the Protestant faith and be loyal to the King and his heirs, giving birth to the Orange Order.

The Order regards itself as defending the civil and religious liberties of Protestants and seeks to uphold the rule and ascendancy of a Protestant monarch in the United Kingdom.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-20150841?print=true