Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Just gone to the cafe in the leisure centre for change and there are parent ordering curry chips and pizza and chips for their wanes at 10.30am! WTF! Oh and a chicken caesar salad too  :o

Hardy

I was at Aldi the other day and found the annoying hoors want a €2 coin for the trolley and not €1 like everyone else, that you'd have a good chance of having on you. So I turn to this ould fella returning his trolley and say, "can I have your trolley?" and handing him 2 euros.

"No, you cant", he says and gives me a big wink! "WTF", I think, backing away. (I think in vulgar acronyms.) "I have a special coin", he says, winking again as he sticks the plug yoke into the coin slot, pulls out the coin and holds it up. "It's an old 2p", he says. "There's a handy trick for you, now", he says, winking again over his shoulder as he walks off.

"Great idea", I say. The funny thing is, that's what I actually thought, for a few seconds.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Hardy on May 05, 2012, 11:12:15 AM
I was at Aldi the other day and found the annoying hoors want a €2 coin for the trolley and not €1 like everyone else, that you'd have a good chance of having on you. So I turn to this ould fella returning his trolley and say, "can I have your trolley?" and handing him 2 euros.

"No, you cant", he says and gives me a big wink! "WTF", I think, backing away. (I think in vulgar acronyms.) "I have a special coin", he says, winking again as he sticks the plug yoke into the coin slot, pulls out the coin and holds it up. "It's an old 2p", he says. "There's a handy trick for you, now", he says, winking again over his shoulder as he walks off.

"Great idea", I say. The funny thing is, that's what I actually thought, for a few seconds.
;D Yis are getting old...

Puckoon

Few seconds as in less than 60 of them? That took me a whole minute to figure out the WTF!

Hardy

Quote from: Puckoon on May 05, 2012, 03:04:08 PM
Few seconds as in less than 60 of them? That took me a whole minute to figure out the WTF!

A good few seconds OK. To be honest, I nearly said, "I'll give you two euros for it, sure".

muppet

Quote from: Hardy on May 05, 2012, 07:26:11 PM
Quote from: Puckoon on May 05, 2012, 03:04:08 PM

A good few seconds OK. To be honest, I nearly said, "I'll give you two euros for it, sure".

If it were Brian Lenihan he'd have offered the economy for the 2p.
MWWSI 2017

oisinog

A mother from New Jersey has been arrested after reportedly taking her 5-year-old daughter to the tanning salon.

Police authorities believe that the young girl was burnt by the tanning booth's UV rays.

However, Rich Krentcil, the girl's father, has said that there has been a misunderstanding, and that a school teacher inaccurately heard that she "went tanning with Mommy".

Shocked mother Patricia Krentcil alleges that her daughter was instead sunburnt when she was playing outside on a hot day.

MSNBC explains: "In New Jersey, children under 14 are not allowed to tan at indoor salons, while those 14 to 17 years old may do so with signed parental consent."

Patricia Krentcil added that she had brought her daughter to the tanning salon in the past, but that the 5-year-old didn't receive a tanning treatment herself.

Speaking to a local television station, she said: "I tan, she doesn't tan. I'm in the booth, she's in the room. That's all there is to it."

The 44-year-old mother has since pleaded not guilty to second-degree child endangerment, and was released on $25,000 bail on Tuesday (May 1).

Denn Forever

Agreed.  It should be on a thread called Things that make you go WOW.  Pretty awe inspiring.  Fair play to the other participants who gave their medals so she could have one.

The "What the F**k" aspect of this story was that the organisers of the London Marathon were not going to give her a medal for finising the course because she didn't do it in 24 hours.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

seafoid

Quote from: Denn Forever on May 09, 2012, 09:51:55 AM
Agreed.  It should be on a thread called Things that make you go WOW.  Pretty awe inspiring.  Fair play to the other participants who gave their medals so she could have one.

The "What the F**k" aspect of this story was that the organisers of the London Marathon were not going to give her a medal for finising the course because she didn't do it in 24 hours.
Typical english jobsworth attitude

but what a performance by the lady.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

EagleLord

Any of yous see this video about the woman hittin the baby. Was all my facebook n twitter people talking about it so I had to check it out. Mental stuff. Fuckin unreal how angry ye get watchin it. I knew I wouldnt like it, but curiosity killed the cat and all that..

http://youtu.be/pMQQBuMeusQ

Declan

Catholic school in US refuses to play in baseball final because of girl on opposing team

AN Arizona Catholic high school has forfeited an opportunity to play in a baseball final, as the rival team fielded a girl on second base.

Our Lady of Sorrows, a fundamentalist Catholic school in Phoenix, chose to forfeit the championship final rather than play against Mesa Preparatory Academy, because the school has a 15-year-old girl Paige Sultzbach on their team.

Paige had set out two games already against Our Lady of Sorrows out of defence to the school's opposition to coeducational sports – but she dreamed of playing the championship game, and was included on the team sheet by the school's coach for the final.

Our Lady of Sorrows explained their stance to the local news station: "Our school aims to instil in our boys a profound respect for women and girls. Teaching our boys to treat ladies with deference, we choose not to place them in an athletic competition where proper boundaries can only be respected with difficulty."

However Paige's mother Pamela hit out at the Catholic school's boycott: "This is not a contact sport, it shouldn't be an issue. It wasn't that they were afraid they were going to hurt or injure her, it's that they believe that a girl's place is not on a field."

The athletic director of Mesa Prep Amy Arnold who have now won the championship by default commented :"I respect their views, but it's a bit out of the 18th century." The coach said she was angry that her team did not get to compete in the final: "What true athlete would want to win or lose a championship game by forfeit?"

According to Fox news reports Our Lady of Sorrows is affiliated with the U.S. branch of the Society of Saint Pius X, a traditionalist group of Catholics that grew out of opposition to the second Vatican council.

heganboy

Quote from: EagleLord on May 11, 2012, 09:24:46 AM
Any of yous see this video about the woman hittin the baby. Was all my facebook n twitter people talking about it so I had to check it out. Mental stuff. Fuckin unreal how angry ye get watchin it. I knew I wouldnt like it, but curiosity killed the cat and all that..

http://youtu.be/pMQQBuMeusQ

Jesus F Christ, I had to open that didn't I? that makes my skin crawl, haven't had that reaction since the kid driven over in the street, hardest thing I have ever watched..
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

seafoid

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/01df63a4-9080-11e1-8adc-00144feab49a.html#ixzz1uZfe0RkQ

"If you look at peak precious metals, there are some that will be gone in the next 30 or 40 years," said Eric Anderson, co-founder. "An asteroid 50 metres in diameter could contain $50bn of platinum at current market prices."

"There are 1500 near-earth asteroids that are easier to reach than the surface of the moon," he added.

Planetary Resources plans to launch its first exploratory vehicles within two years but declined to give a timeframe for the return of precious metals to earth.

However, the company was more specific about its plans to mine water, which Mr Anderson said would help other missions explore deeper space. The company aims to have its "orbital propellant depot" – a kind of space petrol station – operational by 2020, with the aim of providing fuel or natural gas to vehicles exploring space.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU