Armagh v Derry - Ulster Final, 14th May, 2023 @ 4pm

Started by Walter Cronc, May 01, 2023, 08:04:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

naka

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 11, 2023, 08:36:40 PM
How does a fella get away with something like that for so long without getting filled in by a brother, friend, father or cousin? I wouldn't last 2 mins if I cuffed the wife.
Tbf mine would probably hit me back harder
And then the black bag

Whishtup

I have seen people who have played the system like a flute when allegations of abuse were presented against them. If you really want to expose abuse like this you have to be prepared to lose everything, including the case as the system is set up to look for holes in the complaint. One wrong word, one wrong detail , a factor like booze thrown in and you will get shot down.

armaghniac

Quote from: Whishtup on May 11, 2023, 08:55:50 PM
I have seen people who have played the system like a flute when allegations of abuse were presented against them. If you really want to expose abuse like this you have to be prepared to lose everything, including the case as the system is set up to look for holes in the complaint. One wrong word, one wrong detail , a factor like booze thrown in and you will get shot down.

Given the publicity, you could see a Trump scenario here of a civil case if neither police force proceed.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

seafoid

Derry have 4 matches coming up.  The Kingspan was picketed after the rugby trial.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLcKmOwRk_c&t=492s

full moon

Scary to think a woman need only make a Facebook post now and the man is deemed guilty by all and sundry and public enemy number 1.Who needs a legal system or evidence. Mob justice social media style.

What if hes actually innocent and all the bile and hatred against him the past day is unjustified. Nobody remember the Carlow school teachers furore that turned out to be bullshit and journalists got caught big time in that.

smelmoth

Quote from: themac_23 on May 11, 2023, 08:15:40 PM
Quote from: gallsman on May 11, 2023, 07:44:02 PM
Quote from: p3427977 on May 11, 2023, 07:35:19 PM
Quote from: gallsman on May 11, 2023, 07:21:16 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on May 11, 2023, 07:14:21 PM
So they investigated and found nothing?

Is that what it says?

Quote from: uimhr ocht on May 11, 2023, 07:09:49 PM
Gallsman wants Gallagher hung, drawn, and quartered,no winners in this sorry episode for Doire Gaa,Gallagher,or his family, enough said

At no point have I said anything of the sort.
Isn't that normal process though? Doesn't everything have to go through the PPS? What would the PSNI said differently?

The cops can investigate and find nothing. They'll only forward a file to the DPP if they think there's something there. The decision to prosecute or not is the DPP's.

Otherwise, using the example from earlier, any gobshite can abuse anyone of anything and a file would be sent to the prosecutor.

That's 100% wrong. The police will send the file to the PPS regardless, in fact, they have no real power. The police in this case would provide the file with a recommendation. For prosecution or no prosecution. Even in the case of police recommending no prosecution the PPS can still decide to go through with it.

I think it is you that is 100% incorrect, certainly in respect of any issue in NI. Police only send the file if there is evidence. Possibly this is not how it works in the South.

NotedObserver

Quote from: full moon on May 11, 2023, 09:30:13 PM
Scary to think a woman need only make a Facebook post now and the man is deemed guilty by all and sundry and public enemy number 1.Who needs a legal system or evidence. Mob justice social media style.

What if hes actually innocent and all the bile and hatred against him the past day is unjustified. Nobody remember the Carlow school teachers furore that turned out to be bullshit and journalists got caught big time in that.

The issue for me and I assume others is I've heard these stories about him for years and other antics.

twohands!!!

The fact is that he issued a statement and he didn't deny the allegations anywhere says it all.

trueblue1234

F**king stop this sh!te. Nobody is saying he's definitely guilty. This has been pointed out to you multiple times but you're either too thick to understand or want to build a straw man argument to try and shut down any discussion.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Tubberman

Quote from: smelmoth on May 11, 2023, 09:34:33 PM

Is that what it says?

Gallsman wants Gallagher hung, drawn, and quartered,no winners in this sorry episode for Doire Gaa,Gallagher,or his family, enough said

Isn't that normal process though? Doesn't everything have to go through the PPS? What would the PSNI said differently?

The cops can investigate and find nothing. They'll only forward a file to the DPP if they think there's something there. The decision to prosecute or not is the DPP's.

Otherwise, using the example from earlier, any gobshite can abuse anyone of anything and a file would be sent to the prosecutor.

That's 100% wrong. The police will send the file to the PPS regardless, in fact, they have no real power. The police in this case would provide the file with a recommendation. For prosecution or no prosecution. Even in the case of police recommending no prosecution the PPS can still decide to go through with it.

I think it is you that is 100% incorrect, certainly in respect of any issue in NI. Police only send the file if there is evidence. Possibly this is not how it works in the South.

Same down here as far as I know. File only sent to DPP if the guards think there's a case to be answered.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Sportacus

There's not even a comment on it on the Derry Twitter feed. They're way off the mark on this so far.

trailer

uimhr ocht

Quote from: gallsman on May 11, 2023, 06:49:42 PM
Quote from: uimhr ocht on May 11, 2023, 06:45:24 PM
PPS investigated,no prosecution, no evidence, case closed reports BBC

There was evidently no prosecution, that's not news.

No evidence? I didn't hear that on the BBC. Can anyone else corroborate uimhr ocht's post? Or has he just made it up/displayed a mind boggling understanding of the criminal justice process?

themac_23

Quote from: smelmoth on May 11, 2023, 09:34:33 PM

Is that what it says?

A statement is evidence... they will also give a recommendation it's up to the PPS what they do with that. Plenty of cases have been brought where the only evidence is a statement from a witness

full moon

Quote from: trueblue1234 on May 11, 2023, 09:35:53 PM

F**king stop this sh!te. Nobody is saying he's definitely guilty. This has been pointed out to you multiple times but you're either too thick to understand or want to build a straw man argument to try and shut down any discussion.

For someone who claims he doesn't think he's definitely guilty, you're getting very aggressive about it and have wanted him hung drawn and quartered throughout this thread.

All I'm saying is, there is a legal system, he is entitled to presumption of innocence, a fair trial. None of this is revolutionary stuff.The baying mob doesn't accept the legal system or anything that disagrees with them.