Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Are there not rules and laws etc in place to say the clubs have to vote these things in place?

keep her low this half

Quote from: Saffrongael on May 05, 2023, 01:37:36 PM
So Antrim hurling leagues -

Div 1 - one team relegated.

Div 2 - No promotion & bottom two relegated to Div 3

Div 3 - No promotion & bottom team relegated to Div 4

Div 4 - No promotion

So we end up with 10 teams in Div 1, 2 + 3 and 7/8/9 in Div 4 depending on what happens with Larne and Henry Joys?. its not a bad structure ( I always prefered 8 team divisions, 14 games, 7 home 7 away). however it should have been agreed and voted on before the start of the league and there should be play offs at least for the teams winning division 2,3 and 4

Saffrongael

Seaan Elliott injured ? Will miss his pace and ball carrying ability. Niall McKenna back though so a good boost
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Saffrongael

Today probably went as expected, we didn't really challenge at all. It's going to come down to the Westmeath game. McManus looked in bad enough shape going off
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Milltown Row2

3-20 is some shooting, yes albeit that Kilkenny had the game won at half time

We didn't win much primary ball or second ball, their running off the ball and support play was excellent

Speed of play at a different level also, cross field balls into space

It's always been about Westmeath and securing another year at this level but with the injuries mounting it will be hard
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Kidder81

I wonder can we knock the "Fortress Corrigan" on the head now

NAG1

Anyone else getting fed up with the fawning over teams/ players by our own social media?

We are in the same league as these teams on merit, would it be too much to ask to start acting like it top to bottom?

paddyjohn

Quote from: NAG1 on May 09, 2023, 09:27:28 AM
Anyone else getting fed up with the fawning over teams/ players by our own social media?

We are in the same league as these teams on merit, would it be too much to ask to start acting like it top to bottom?

I agree, maybe talk about our own players a bit more.

Saffrongael

Quote from: paddyjohn on May 09, 2023, 10:49:03 AM
Quote from: NAG1 on May 09, 2023, 09:27:28 AM

I agree, maybe talk about our own players a bit more.

100%

NAG1

Been a bug bear of mine for a few years now.

Yes these visiting teams are heroes to our young ones no harm in that.

But lets promote our own and try and drive it internally, instead of this falling over ourselves to suck up to all concerned.

marty34

Quote from: NAG1 on May 09, 2023, 11:55:55 AM

But lets promote our own and try and drive it internally, instead of this falling over ourselves to suck up to all concerned.

That's part of it too. The likes of TJ and Jason Forde etc. playing in Corrigan Park. That in itself promotes hurling and I understand where you're coming from.   That's just the way lads will go to these lads after the game.

A lot of lads getting stuff signed by Neil Mc Manus and Ryan Elliot etc. That's good to see also.

Great that they can play in Corrigan on big days.  I wouldn't be too harsh.

NAG1

Quote from: marty34 on May 09, 2023, 05:49:33 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on May 09, 2023, 11:55:55 AM

That's part of it too. The likes of TJ and Jason Forde etc. playing in Corrigan Park. That in itself promotes hurling and I understand where you're coming from.   That's just the way lads will go to these lads after the game.

A lot of lads getting stuff signed by Neil Mc Manus and Ryan Elliot etc. That's good to see also.

Great that they can play in Corrigan on big days.  I wouldn't be too harsh.

I'm not being too harsh on the young lads/ lassies after the game, totally understandable.

My issue is that it is a whole system thing within Antrim hurling, we seem to feel this kind of sycophantic appreciation that these great teams come up to play us.

It's a mindset issue IMO, I've said it before on here we should be making it at difficult as possible for these teams. We are in the same league and championship as these teams for a reason, we are there to compete.

Saffrongael

Is it just me or are we seeing more walkovers/teams not fielding than normal ? Creggan and Ahoghill didn't take place last night in Div2

imtommygunn

I see county players, some anyway,  were playing last night. That's actually good to see.

themac_23

Quote from: Saffrongael on May 11, 2023, 09:43:57 AM
Is it just me or are we seeing more walkovers/teams not fielding than normal ? Creggan and Ahoghill didn't take place last night in Div2

When the county clearly dont care about the leagues then can see why clubs might have the same attitude.