Tadhg Kennellys AFL Trials

Started by yellowcard, February 13, 2013, 02:58:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodney trotter

Daniel Flynn has a great phsyical presence and you would imagine he will do well in AFL providing he gets no injuries. He was one of the few Kildare U21's that stood out last year against Galway in the u21 AIS, was still 19.
Hurley was decent too.

INDIANA

Quote from: rodney trotter on September 04, 2014, 09:32:47 PM
Daniel Flynn has a great phsyical presence and you would imagine he will do well in AFL providing he gets no injuries. He was one of the few Kildare U21's that stood out last year against Galway in the u21 AIS, was still 19.
Hurley was decent too.

I'd be surprised- if you look at the players who've made it out there. They were exceptionally skilled players.

Big lads haven'd done so well

Donnellys Hollow

I think Hurley might be a bit old to be changing code now.

Flynn could well make it. He has incredible speed and acceleration for a lad of his size.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

INDIANA

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on September 04, 2014, 09:53:34 PM

Flynn could well make it. He has incredible speed and acceleration for a lad of his size.

He's not the first Irish lad with those attributes to go over. Hanley, Kennelly , Tuohy and Clarke were exceptionally skillful as well.

Best of luck to him

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: INDIANA on September 04, 2014, 10:03:00 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on September 04, 2014, 09:53:34 PM

He's not the first Irish lad with those attributes to go over. Hanley, Kennelly , Tuohy and Clarke were exceptionally skillful as well.

Best of luck to him

Obviously not but I wouldn't say his ball skills are lacking either. He was the main man on a Hogan Cup winning team only two years ago.

rodney trotter

He has lots of skill from what I seen of him, I remember that Hogan final alright , Edenderry against St Michaels Enniskillen.

INDIANA

Quote from: rodney trotter on September 04, 2014, 10:28:34 PM
He has lots of skill from what I seen of him, I remember that Hogan final alright , Edenderry against St Michaels Enniskillen.

He obviously has skill - he just never struck me as someone who'd excel at AFL.

rodney trotter

No worries, didn't look out of the place in the PTV, which is the reserve league a few months ago. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u004PgG8WbA

Dinny Breen

Looks like Paddy Brophy is gone now as well.
#newbridgeornowhere

Donnellys Hollow

There will be no footballers left in north Kildare at this rate.

Syferus

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on September 12, 2014, 03:44:56 PM

At least ye have a good crop of U21 hurlers. Not as fine as ours though.

Jinxy

I don't see what the big deal is, just make some more.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Jinxy on September 12, 2014, 03:52:22 PM

I don't see what the big deal is, just make some more.

We've had our tech budget cut to pay for Dublin's coaches...
#newbridgeornowhere

Wildweasel74

see Flynn give a mighty hit in a game in the aussie rules, maybe a reserve game,

Never beat the deeler

Was flicking through Fox Footy at the weekend and came across The Recruit. I had heard of this show but never watched it - basically it is a reality TV show where AFL footballers who haven't yet made it for one reason or another are given a shot at winning a contract.

Padraig Lucey from Kerry was on the show, and apparently he made it down to the final few competitors, before losing out when they made a call between him and another ruckman. A quick look at bigfooty (AFL forum) and people are talking him up that he may be offered a contract - mainly because he is still young at 21 and many of the other recruits are already 24/25.

Anybody know any more about Padraig?
Hasta la victoria siempre