Marty Clarke to make debut

Started by zoyler, June 22, 2007, 10:28:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

Quote from: feetofflames on March 10, 2008, 10:34:46 AM
The tables are well and truly turning.   

ye think.....?

It'd be great to have Martin back in the GAA but its only talk and I'm sure his team would be quick to try and convince him to stay.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

amallon

Where did you get that story orangeman?  I hope its true it would be a great boost for Down.  It could be a ploy by Clarke to improve his hand in his contract negotiations.  Collingwood would probably be prepared to up their offer if they know he is prepared to walk away.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

orangeman

The story is straight off the BBC sports site.

High Catch

He is probably being very smart and puting vibes out to Collingwood about getting a new improved contract.

stephenite

Kennelly always says the same sort of things, it's called contract negotiations lads, and I'd say Marty is just putting down a marker for Collingwood come the end of what he hopes is a very successful season for him. His stock should rise significantly come the end of this season

orangeman

He is probably being very smart and puting vibes out to Collingwood about getting a new improved contract.

Alternatively it could be a call to Down GAA - Come and get me !!

High Catch

No chance of him coming back anytime soon.

orangeman

Well he is contracted until Nov 2009 - He could come back then ????

INDIANA

absolutely dreaming lads- he's ain't going to turn down 500k a year for the delights of 9-5 work and living like an amateur monk for most of the year in your spare time. Like Kennelly it's for a new and improved contract. He'd have to be insane to come back- i was told Collingwood would break the bank to keep him- he is rated that highly.

amallon

Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

High Catch

western exile

stephenite has hit the nail on the head!   For a couple of seasons Tadgh Kennelly went on about wanting to win an  All-Ireland for Kerry , just like his daddy and brother did. And he even said he was going back after his 2nd contract would expire. This only made Paul Roos and the Sydney Swans give him a super long term contract on his terms, which included him going back to Ireland for 2 months including Christmas and missing some preseason training.  A first in AFL contracts!  He will most likely never play for Kerry again.   And although, I would love to see Marty back  in the Red and Black, I am fairly sure he will end up taking  the same path as Kennelly.  Especially since he is such a good footballer and Collingwood will do everything in their power to keep him.

wherefromreferee?

The Irish News eh?  This hardly makes for a concrete story.  I guess Ahmer Khokhar (the Journalist in Melborne) is to blame.  Its all 'ifs' and 'maybes'

At a guess, it'll be 3/4yrs before we see Marty back playing GAA.
In your Endo!

orangeman