Armagh vs. Down NFL Div. 2 7th Feb. 2014

Started by Oraisteach, February 02, 2014, 08:28:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oraisteach

Trailing by 9 pts to Louth doesn't exactly thrill me with confidence about this fixture.  I know that Armagh-Down tussles are hard-fought affairs, but do we really have a cat's chance in this one?

Santino

BennyCake

I was less confident against Louth. I think we can get a result. We usually do in this fixture.

T Fearon

Have Down and Armagh been at such a low ebb simultaneously at any time in living memory.Both well off the pace in Ulster,never mind All Irelands.50/50 game on Friday night, with home advantage normally being the deciding factor in recent years

stew

Quote from: T Fearon on February 02, 2014, 09:49:33 PM
Have Down and Armagh been at such a low ebb simultaneously at any time in living memory.Both well off the pace in Ulster,never mind All Irelands.50/50 game on Friday night, with home advantage normally being the deciding factor in recent years

After what I witnessed today we wil get beaten by seven points. I hate down with a passion but they are much better than we are currently the cnuts. 
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

5 Sams

The Aristocrat Years

snoopdog

Quote from: stew on February 02, 2014, 09:53:51 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on February 02, 2014, 09:49:33 PM

After what I witnessed today we wil get beaten by seven points. I hate down with a passion but they are much better than we are currently the cnuts.

If Down are streets ahead of Armagh then you seriously are in trouble. Down havent beat Armagh in Armagh for must be 20 odd years.
If both teams take their first half performances yesterday in to this game it will be a dreadful affair.
The losers in this game could be in trouble.
Do Down have anyone to mark Jamie Clarke? Does any team for that matter. With a player like him you always have a chance.

T Fearon

Down's last win in Armagh was in 1992, Ulster Championship. It's a 50/50 game between two mediocre sides, and there'll not be much in it.

armaghniac

QuoteThe losers in this game could be in trouble.

The winners of this game could be in trouble!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Club Rossa

Who would hold the upper hand in head to head meetings in the last 10 years?

Aristo 60

Quote from: Club Rossa on February 03, 2014, 01:03:52 PM
Who would hold the upper hand in head to head meetings in the last 10 years?

Here now this could be a whole handlin . We'd have to rank the importance of the match and qualify it with who was injured, emigrated and how impartial the referee was.

I'll devise an algorithm for you.

T Fearon

Armagh Championship wins in 2008 and 2011,NFL Final Div 2 in 2010,Armagh league win in 2012.

Down two league wins in Home in 2010 and 2011

T Fearon

Team for Fridat

Mc Evoy
A Mallon
Vernon
Hughes
Shields
Mc Keever
C Rafferty
Harold
E Rafferty