Qualifiers--there's an angry mob of losers gathering at the back door

Started by Oraisteach, May 26, 2013, 06:05:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oraisteach

Tyrone bounced handily, Sligo . . . well, Tipp trounced, Limerick lambasted, Laois lashed, Longford not long for it, all lining up behind Armagh, first among losers.  Not all contestants in, so who do you think will join these ugly sisters, and if you're one of these beauties, who do you want to pick up?  I say, end this Grim summer and bring on Tyrone, or else give us a shot at Laois.

Syferus

We'll hand deliver a man-handled Mayo to R2 for ye lads. Sligo to beat both Galway and Mayo.

Again.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Oraisteach on May 26, 2013, 06:05:37 PM
Tyrone bounced handily, Sligo . . . well, Tipp trounced, Limerick lambasted, Laois lashed, Longford not long for it, all lining up behind Armagh, first among losers.  Not all contestants in, so who do you think will join these ugly sisters, and if you're one of these beauties, who do you want to pick up?  I say, end this Grim summer and bring on Tyrone, or else give us a shot at Laois.

Galway forgotten already!
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Oraisteach

Jeez, you're right.  A distinguished assembly of one-time good-lookers.  Who's next?  The aristocrats?

From the Bunker

Quote from: Syferus on May 26, 2013, 06:08:50 PM
We'll hand deliver a man-handled Mayo to R2 for ye lads. Sligo to beat both Galway and Mayo.

Again.

The AI Quarters are all set up for you. Teach Mayo a lesson and then it's onto Leitrim/London in the Connacht Final.

Dont Matter

We're coming for you Armagh, you know it, we know it, see ya in Crossmaglen.
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

Syferus

Quote from: From the Bunker on May 26, 2013, 07:05:23 PM
Quote from: Syferus on May 26, 2013, 06:08:50 PM

Again.

The AI Quarters are all set up for you. Teach Mayo a lesson and then it's onto Leitrim/London in the Connacht Final.

Aye, and a little Rossie sweet talking might even bag us a home Connacht final from London. A job for the Cake if ever there was one.

Would wish Mayo well in the AIQs though, sure a Ros v Mayo All-Ireland final has been what the whole qualifier system has been building towards for the last twelve years 8)

Throw ball

Quote from: Dont Matter on May 26, 2013, 07:19:07 PM

If we are drawn together and Armagh are at home you would be safer heading for the Athletic Grounds in Armagh city or you will miss the game. Would not mind meeting Laois as it is about time we beat you again - and Deegan would not be allowed to ref!

Dont Matter

Quote from: Throw ball on May 26, 2013, 07:49:24 PM
Quote from: Dont Matter on May 26, 2013, 07:19:07 PM

If we are drawn together and Armagh are at home you would be safer heading for the Athletic Grounds in Armagh city or you will miss the game. Would not mind meeting Laois as it is about time we beat you again - and Deegan would not be allowed to ref!

:D Righto, we'll see ya in the City so.
Billy's been dropped but he'll make himself known if this game happens.
Peter Quinn

BennyCake

Dont Matter

Bring it!
In fairness there's 16 teams in the draw, my prediction for who those will be at this stage is as follows: (already in the draw are in red)(my predicted team to lose in blue)
Tyrone
Laois
Armagh
Longford
Sligo
Tipperary
Limerick
Galway
Carlow

Offaly  v Kildare
Westmeath v Dublin
Wexford  v Louth
Wicklow  v Meath
Down v Derry
Antrim v Monaghan
Fermanagh v Cavan

The only games I wouldn't be that sure of is Derry v Down and Fermanagh v Cavan. Anyway you could get an easy draw but it wont be long before you get a tough one.
Peter Quinn

Mont

Sum pile of dross in 1st rnd f qualifiers.
Only decent team will be Tyrone. Rest cud beat each other on any day.

Bring back tommy murphy cup. Giv al those teams chance of a trophy because they will win nothing else

Oraisteach

Dont Matter

I've maped a route through. Right so first you draw Carlow, then you draw the losers of London/Leitrim, then you have to hope one of the other crap teams have made it through as well, teams like Offaly, Wicklow or Armagh.You're in round 4 then and you pick the weakest provincial finalists, that will be the winners of London/Leitrim.
Now it's quarter final stage so you pick the weakest provincial winners, we'll go Mayo with that one. Semi final Connaught play Ulster so all you have to do is beat Donegal and then look after the Dubs in their home patch and you got yourself an All Ireland. Simple.
1. Beat Carlow
2. Beat London
3. Beat Offaly
4. Beat Leitrim
5. Beat Mayo
6. Beat Donegal
7. Beat Dublin
8. Wake up
Peter Quinn

Oraisteach

So, I should buy an alarm clock and not cancel my flight home?  Great news.