Euro 2016 Italian Fanzone

Started by Il Bomber Destro, June 13, 2016, 10:12:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Il Bomber Destro

No Pirlo, no Verratti, no Marchisio, no Monty - no problem

T Fearon

A brilliant tournament side particularly on European soil.By far the best performance so far.I would actually fear for Ireland against them and a fired up Belgium out to make amends.Cant see Ireland getting a point from either of these games.

Rossie11

Quote from: T Fearon on June 13, 2016, 10:28:34 PM
A brilliant tournament side particularly on European soil.By far the best performance so far.I would actually fear for Ireland against them and a fired up Belgium out to make amends.Cant see Ireland getting a point from either of these games.

They have been awful of late
Last night was only their 5th tournament win from Euro 2008-12-16 and WC 2010-14
Germany on other hand have 16. Spain have 15 so they have a bit to prove yet before we can say they are a contender.
Hope they get their 6th v Sweden however and can rest a few players for the Irish game

Buffon celebration..
http://www.joe.ie/sport/video-gianluigi-buffon-had-an-epic-fail-in-his-attempted-celebration-last-night/548968

T Fearon

Got to Euro Final in 2012 and neither 2010 or 2014 World Cup Finals were on European soil.

Rossie11

Still only 4 wins from 11 in Europe since 2008 and haven't won this since 68.
Missing a deadly striker to avoid the lottery of pens when they get to the knock outs

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Rossie11 on June 15, 2016, 09:14:55 AM
Still only 4 wins from 11 in Europe since 2008 and haven't won this since 68.
Missing a deadly striker to avoid the lottery of pens when they get to the knock outs

We usually do well when we get to the knockout stages. Getting out of the group stage has always been our biggest issue. We are extremely difficult to beat.

When we make it past the group stage we are rarely beaten in the 90 minutes.

Exits in WC90, WC94, WC98, Euro 2000, WC02, Euro 2008 were all after extra time or penalties.

Euro 96, 04 and WC 10 and 14 were all group stage exits.

We won the 2006 WC.

The only knockout games we have lost in 90 mind in the past 30 odd years has been the 2012 Euro final to Spain.

We have a great tradition in knockout football.

Il Bomber Destro

Get the f**k in.

Total football.

Dinny Breen

Favourite other national side. Always seem to bring the right level of skill, passion, tactical nous, cynicism and probably drugs to tournaments.
#newbridgeornowhere

T Fearon

On the Azzurri at 16/1.Germany have never defeated them in a major finals.I don't see anyone else beating them

Nigel White

Oh Jesus, Steve McLaren has spoken

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 27, 2016, 07:07:49 PM
Favourite other national side. Always seem to bring the right level of skill, passion, tactical nous, cynicism and probably drugs to tournaments.
Can't see Iceland winning it so I'll be rooting for Italy as well. Delighted they beat Spain. Hope they can repeat the dose against the Germans.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Il Bomber Destro

Gutted.

That's football though. We'll have to regroup and battle our way to Russia in two years time.

armaghniac

The penalty taking was merda.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

T Fearon

Germans famed self belief wasn't evident last night.Buffon at 38 is a legend.Important Italy appoint the right coach to succeed Conti.

never kickt a ball

Quote from: T Fearon on June 27, 2016, 07:17:58 PM
On the Azzurri at 16/1.Germany have never defeated them in a major finals.I don't see anyone else beating them

Anyone who didn't cash in on Italy have only themselves to blame.