Laois Senior B Hurling Championship 2019

Started by The PRO, February 28, 2019, 09:59:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

burdizzo

They certainly have - as part of the Tinnahinch set-up w/ Clonaslee (which ended in around 2005?), and on their own, last time in the early '90s, I think.

Mossy Bruce

Thanks, Burdizzo.

I'm working on building up my knowledge of club hurling--a slow (very slow) process for me.  :-\
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

Keyser Söze

At one stage (around 1997ish) they played Senior as an area team with Mountmellick & Ballyfin too. They may well have been senior on their own at the time and simply "bulked up". They had a couple of really class hurlers in Declan Conroy & Seamus Dooley who hurled with Laois from 1993-2002 approx. Two really good guys.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Keyser Söze

Genuinely can't make up my mind for tomorrow's game.

Rosenallis as a club have been on such an upward journey that a set back is almost inevitable. In the long run it might not matter as barring absolute calamity the loser here will climb the steps in 12 months time.

The Harps.
Talented hurlers, a  hurt from last year and a "clever" coach in Deegan, who will really have taken last years result badly. As a club they having a fairytale couple of weeks and will feel all is starting to come together.
In reality they are a senior team in all but name, and I think this will corrected before tea time tomorrow.

Rosenallis are a club I cannot say enough good things about. Unfortunately (and this year will be seen as progress), tomorrow will probably prove a step too far.

The Harps by 4.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Neutralobserver

The harps favourites again and this has proved their stumbling block in the past as alot of pundits see them as a senior club. Reminds me alot of timahoe in football. So with that added pressure rosenallis have a chance and on a high.

Mossy Bruce

Damn excited to follow the match, even though it'll be 6:00 am here!
Go Harps! Rattle the net, rattle the net!
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

SCFC

Quote from: Mossy Bruce on October 20, 2019, 06:25:39 AM
Full match commentary will be online Bruce. Midlands 103. Won't be on any app as it won't be their regular programming. Enjoy!

Mossy Bruce

Quote from: SCFC on October 20, 2019, 11:13:15 AM
Quote from: Mossy Bruce on October 20, 2019, 06:25:39 AM
Full match commentary will be online Bruce. Midlands 103. Won't be on any app as it won't be their regular programming. Enjoy!
That's fantastic! Thanks, SCFC.
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

blueandwhite1

Congrats to Rosenallis. Better team today. Harps don't have enough quality hurlers yet. Some of their underage talent needs to come through for them to be a serious senior prospect as well.

Some achievement for Rosenallis. They are going to be up against it next year trying to compete in both codes at senior. Some lovely hurlers though.

burdizzo

Amazing how Harps only started to hurl in the last 10 minutes - or was it simply that Rosenalis stopped playing, almost out of fear, with the finish-line in sight? Aside from Lennon, Fennell, and Keating, John Maher caught the eye at corner back. Probably a bit small for inter-county, but still and all, he had a good game.

blueandwhite1

Quote from: burdizzo on October 20, 2019, 08:54:42 PM
Amazing how Harps only started to hurl in the last 10 minutes - or was it simply that Rosenalis stopped playing, almost out of fear, with the finish-line in sight? Aside from Lennon, Fennell, and Keating, John Maher caught the eye at corner back. Probably a bit small for inter-county, but still and all, he had a good game.

Full forward played very well. Beano I heard him being called. Looked more dangerous than any of the Harps forwards.

Neutralobserver

great win for rosenallis but again it was a very disappointing performance from the harps, relying to much on lannigan. centre back for rosenallis was good, although harps did come back at them rosenallis did not panic on the field or the line so maybe they learned something from the football against clonaslee where they nearly threw it away, going to be very tough on them now going through leinster in both codes

Spiritof1915

redsetanta

I only got in for the second half of this game and a Rosenallis were looking like easy winners they were that dominant. They were far more tenacious in the tackle and looked the hungrier team. They also had forwards who found it easier to get the points. It would have been daylight robbery if The Harps had of squeezed a win with their rally after they got the goal.
Harps looked disorganised and at times looked like an intermediate or junior team.

I didn't think the ref was great at all and let a lot of dangerous pulls go unpunished. It was a hard physical game and I felt he let it flow at times when he blown. He certainly blew enough times for over carrying.

Also, can someone tell the Harps to change the colour of the jersey numbers. Very hard to make out who was on the ball at times because it was hard to read the number.

Best of luck to Rosenallis in the Leinster campaign but between the hurling and football all these games will catch up on them. Clubs in the county should look at their set up and take it on board. A fantastic achievement for a small rural club.

What exactly have they done to get to this point?
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

clonadmad

Quote from: redsetanta on October 23, 2019, 10:06:08 AM
I only got in for the second half of this game and a Rosenallis were looking like easy winners they were that dominant. They were far more tenacious in the tackle and looked the hungrier team. They also had forwards who found it easier to get the points. It would have been daylight robbery if The Harps had of squeezed a win with their rally after they got the goal.
Harps looked disorganised and at times looked like an intermediate or junior team.

I didn't think the ref was great at all and let a lot of dangerous pulls go unpunished. It was a hard physical game and I felt he let it flow at times when he blown. He certainly blew enough times for over carrying.

Also, can someone tell the Harps to change the colour of the jersey numbers. Very hard to make out who was on the ball at times because it was hard to read the number.

Best of luck to Rosenallis in the Leinster campaign but between the hurling and football all these games will catch up on them. Clubs in the county should look at their set up and take it on board. A fantastic achievement for a small rural club.

What exactly have they done to get to this point?

they have the right people involved at juvenile level,well coached juvenile teams,excellent player retention