The Priests - Vote Now! - Classical Brits Nomination

Started by Mhic Easmuint, April 21, 2009, 01:41:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhic Easmuint

Classical BRITS Nomination - voting Open Now

Click Here to Vote Now

The Priests album is one of ten nominated for the "Classic FM Album of the Year Award" to be announced at the Classic FM Brit Awards in the Royal Albert Hall, London on 14th May. The award depends solely on the email votes of the public and voting closes on 1st May so........ if you'd like to vote please go online to http://www.classicalbrits.co.uk/voting/143 or www.thepriests.com and follow the links to register your vote. Only one vote per ip address is allowed.

Whether you are a daily massgoer, a total athiest, or somewhere in between - it is hard to ignore the story of the three singing priests! Less than one year ago they were complete unknowns, but an astute musical scout noted their talent, and within weeks were signed up by Sony BMG.

Their debut album, simply titled "The Priests" is approaching two million sales worldwide, as well as topping the album charts in several countries. Their meteoric success earned them a place in the Guinness book of records as the fastest selling classical album of all time in the UK, an amazing statistic for three priests who have made no secret of the fact that their pastoral duties come before any musical responsibility. Also, the DVD of the concert given in Armagh Cathedral by the Priests last September and broadcast coast to coast across America is number 1 in the Irish DVD sales.

The three Down and Connor serving parish priests have recently been nominated for the musical equivalent of an oscar - the best classical album of the year Brit awards. The nominations include internationally renowned artists such as Andrea Bocelli, Mike Oldfield, Katherine Jenkins, and others. To be in such exalted company is a measure of the esteem in which the debutants are held.

But with your help, The Priests could claim their biggest prize to date.

In true Irish "give it a lash" fashion, I ask that you would support their nomination by taking a few quick moments to give them your vote.. And following that, perhaps you would send the link on to some of your contacts to do likewise.   

From a quick Gaa perspective, Father David is the brother of Frankie Delargy, who has managed Derry clubs Kilrea, The Loup, and Banagher in recent seasons, as well as Antrim under 21`s. He is currently manager of Roger Casements GAC, Portglenone. It should also mentioned that Fr David won the county senior solo in the Scor competition, whilst representing his parish and local club, St James Aldergrove, in 2002, as well as contesting that years Ulster final. David's local club is Lamh Dearg in Antrim and has celebrated outdoor mass at the club gounds for the past couple of years and is continuously working to build stronger links between the club and parish.

Ok, he didnt win the Scor, but with your help he could be part of a trio, along with brothers Eugene and Martin O Hagan, from Derry,  that could justifiably claim the coveted title of best classical album of the year!   Please take a few moments and give them your support, and dont forget to spread the word by forwarding this on to all your friends, family and contacts!

Many Thanks on behalf of Frs   Eugene, Martin & David
Click Here to Vote Now

TacadoirArdMhacha

As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

The Gs Man

Father David was the priest at a wedding I was at last week.  He can fairly hold a tune! 
Keep 'er lit

ziggysego

I've heard that Father Eugene and Martin O'Hagan are cousins of Greencastle's former PP Father Seamus Shields.
Testing Accessibility

SidelineKick

"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

brokencrossbar1

Father Martin is the PP at Mrs BC's home parish.  Lovely, humble man and lovely priest.  Get voting lads and lasses!!!

bannside

Would have to declare an interest here and say I know Fr David very well. Would know the two O Hagans as well, as you say BCB very modest and humble lads. And they have genuine talent, I dont think anyone could dispute that.

Wouldnt like to see this degenerate into a thread where anyone and everyone with an opinion on the Church, or Priests in general use this as a cheap way to let off some steam.

Please keep it relevant, and if you wish to place a vote for them, do so, and pass the message on.

If its not your type of thing, sure no problem, just move on to one that appeals to you!

But a decent vote from even a percentage on here, and by sending it on to a few friends, could get them the gong that would have seemed totally impossible just a year ago.

longrunsthefox

Quote from: bannside on April 21, 2009, 05:13:45 PM
Would have to declare an interest here and say I know Fr David very well. Would know the two O Hagans as well, as you say BCB very modest and humble lads. And they have genuine talent, I dont think anyone could dispute that.

Wouldnt like to see this degenerate into a thread where anyone and everyone with an opinion on the Church, or Priests in general use this as a cheap way to let off some steam.

Please keep it relevant, and if you wish to place a vote for them, do so, and pass the message on.

If its not your type of thing, sure no problem, just move on to one that appeals to you!

But a decent vote from even a percentage on here, and by sending it on to a few friends, could get them the gong that would have seemed totally impossible just a year ago.

Fair play Bannside  I was about to go for it   :P  Aye, my baggage aside,  they are  great singers alright.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on April 21, 2009, 02:37:33 PM
Father Martin is the PP at Mrs BC's home parish.  Lovely, humble man and lovely priest.  Get voting lads and lasses!!!
Jesus BC you didn't marry a Cushendun woman?!

Vote for who is best, not out of some parochial (excuse the pun) affinity for someone. I'm sure the winners of these things would rather do so on merit rather than a sustained campaign of localised voting. So indeed, down with this sort of thing.

bannside

TB, I can see your point about voting for the best talent, and not just the priests because they are local, or because they wear a collar. Point taken fair enough.

However I would also like to say that the three priests are amateurs who up to recently were singing at weddings or funerals. They have their normal "daily duties" to perform, and to combine this with the ability to produce an album of this standard is nothing short of amazing.

Given that they are nominated against career professionals, I would profer the argument that "The Priests" have made a much more remarkable achievement, and in light of this are actually even more deserving of the award!

Finally, I wouldnt profess to be any kind of expert in this field, but a browse through the various links and websites would indicate that on merit alone, "the priests" do stand a decent chance of success, and hey, a bit of support from those on this discussion board, who think they are deserving of it, is not too much to ask.

Its an individual thing, to be fair.

saffron sam2

If I hear O Holy Night again, I think my head will explode.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

brokencrossbar1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FQ1nQ0FvgQ&feature=PlayList&p=12F0E0F77967CB0C&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=42

Just for you Sam ;D  Get someone round to the Saffron household quick!!!

Yes Tony, I married a Cushendun woman for better and for worse(thankfully more of the better ;D)

bannside

Just a quick reminder that votes must be cast before tomorrow midnight. Another big push would leave the Priests in with a half decent chance.

Even if its not your cup of tea, maybe you could pass on the details to someone you think it could be of interest to. Thanks.