Break For Ball - Win a Free GAA Training Weekend

Started by Mhic Easmuint, December 15, 2008, 02:27:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhic Easmuint

See this post for details of competition.

GAA Training Weekends for all teams, county, club, mens & ladies football, hurling & camogie.
Futher information at: http://www.breakforball.com/

theskull1

Whats you own thoughts on this Mhic Easmuint? Is this to be seen to be seen in any other ways than purely a money making venture by all concerned?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Mhic Easmuint

It's a service which people/clubs/counties may well be interested in. 

orangeman

Of course it's a money making exercise but I'd say it might interest a lot of clubs.

Maximus Marillius

Quote from: theskull1 on December 15, 2008, 02:57:41 PM
Whats you own thoughts on this Mhic Easmuint? Is this to be seen to be seen in any other ways than purely a money making venture by all concerned?

what else do companies bring services to people for. Jez skull if I didn't know any better I swear your a bit soft in the head.

Madden has clearly identified a gap in service provision in sports......

Now let me guess skull, you think he should do it as volunteer :D

orangeman

It's a good idea in principle - it's just a pity that with the credit crunch, the emphasis is all on cutting back as income streams narrow.

I'd say the first wrecked hotel might have an impact as well. But I'm sure all clubs would sign an indemnity.

RedandGreenSniper

And people think John O'Mahony hasn't a spare hour in the day? ::)
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

theskull1

Quote from: Maximus Marillius on December 15, 2008, 03:32:28 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on December 15, 2008, 02:57:41 PM

what else do companies bring services to people for. Jez skull if I didn't know any better I swear your a bit soft in the head.

Madden has clearly identified a gap in service provision in sports......

Now let me guess skull, you think he should do it as volunteer :D
Just making a general comment I guess on the slide towards more and more personal finance driven opertunities being realised on the back of the success of the GAA and dressed up to be in the best interests of the GAA (others can decide if it is infact "good for the GAA"). I'm probably wrong to focus specifically on this
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Zulu

I think these are a great idea, there is something like this down in Kerry also and a group called Aspire in Offaly which isn't solely GAA related but was set up by current Offaly footballer Joe Quinn. They offer a whole lot in the one setting and would be well worth the money if a club can afford it, a training session by a top coach, a challenge match, a team building event and a few pints that night is worth 2-3 weeks of training IMO.

orangeman

Quote from: Zulu on December 15, 2008, 05:12:02 PM
I think these are a great idea, there is something like this down in Kerry also and a group called Aspire in Offaly which isn't solely GAA related but was set up by current Offaly footballer Joe Quinn. They offer a whole lot in the one setting and would be well worth the money if a club can afford it, a training session by a top coach, a challenge match, a team building event and a few pints that night is worth 2-3 weeks of training IMO.

There is a time and a place alright for these events although in the middle of the champioship mightn't be a good time for a feed of pints.

But you're right it's a good opportunity alright - I just fear that the current economic climate might see clubs cutting back substantially on expenditure they see as not necessary.

How did the hurlers manage to get a new set of Adidas gear at this time of year ??? Major coup that.  ;)

Maroon Heaven

Quote from: Zulu on December 15, 2008, 05:12:02 PM
a team building event and a few pints that night is worth 2-3 weeks of training IMO.

I was talking to former Rugby Legend Keith Crossan yesterday and he told me any time he played with Ireland it was traditional for the team to head out the night before the game and have a feed of pints...

The rule was to be in bed before midnight... How times have changed

BallyhaiseMan

Gianluca Viali always brought his Chelsea team out the night before the game for a pint or two,he believed it relaxed the players.

5 Sams

When I started off playing senior football I remember one or two boyos who would have a couple of pints in the club BEFORE the game....I shit you not...
The Aristocrat Years

Hoof Hearted

Good luck to Kevin with this. GAA is no different from any other aspect of life, its evolving all the time and this sounds like a great idea.

Pity it wasnt about 8-10 years ago and i was still playing, thon feed of pints sounds great ! (And Kevin himself would have been first at the bar)

Mhic Easmuint, are you on commission ??
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

orangeman

Quote from: 5 Sams on December 15, 2008, 08:59:40 PM
When I started off playing senior football I remember one or two boyos who would have a couple of pints in the club BEFORE the game....I shit you not...

Beer or vodka ???