Holidays

Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nanderson

Quote from: LC on February 12, 2024, 11:43:01 AMThinking of heading to Galway over Easter for a few days.

There is me, the missus plus 4 kids.

Any recommendations re hotels or self catering accommodation?
Been nearly 20 years since we went to Galway as kids but we stayed along the Salthill promenade and it was incredible. Think there is a few nice hotels along that stretch and its not far from the city centre itself. Think there is a swimming pool with slides etc, minigolf and fun fair in the area as well

LC

Quote from: WeeDonns on February 12, 2024, 11:52:03 AMI've tried searching this thread for posts on Euro Camp Holidays as I'm sure I've seen them mentioned before, but its returning nothing(?)

Currently exploring the idea of our first trip abroad with the kids – 6, 4 & 3
We liked the idea of the ferry to Brittany, but its around 17 hours & actually quite expensive so looking at flying
Has anyone any airport/camp combinations to recommend? Thinking short transfer
I've been checking flights to Nates/Paris/Amsterdam – might have to go the 12th week which isn't always ideal

I'm seeing flights from ~£800-1300 (before luggage) & the camp starts at less than £800 which isn't bad at all compared to a package holiday

Skipol Airport, Amsterdam to Duinrell Eurocamp is approx 40 mins.

We pre-booked the taxi bus before headed over.

bennydorano

Quote from: WeeDonns on February 12, 2024, 11:52:03 AMI've tried searching this thread for posts on Euro Camp Holidays as I'm sure I've seen them mentioned before, but its returning nothing(?)

We liked the idea of the ferry to Brittany, but its around 17 hours & actually quite expensive so looking at flying
I've been checking flights to Nates/Paris/Amsterdam – might have to go the 12th week which isn't always ideal

I'm seeing flights from ~£800-1300 (before luggage) & the camp starts at less than £800 which isn't bad at all compared to a package holiday

Perpignan Airport, a small handy airport, Aer Lingus flights in, a half dozen + camps within 40-60 minutes radius, car essential tho imo, can be stressful in itself.

Milltown Row2

Fly to Nice and there are any amount of campsites along that coast line, we always hired a car, but its go so expensive nowadays that if I was doing it again the bus/train combo works best, depending on the age of the kids and the type of site you have booked into, there is really no need to leave it
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

manfromdelmonte

fly into Bordeaux.
great 5 star campsite in Biscarrosse called La Rive. a week there will be about 500 euro outside of july and august

maddog

I've a chance of going to North east Thailand next Christmas for a wedding. Would have a blank canvas for probably 10 days after in the area. Any recommendations for Laos, Thailand, Vietnam area?

LeoMc

Sanguili in Salou, 15 minutes from Barcelona Reus. Fantastic camp

LeoMc

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on February 12, 2024, 01:42:16 PM

fly into Bordeaux.
great 5 star campsite in Biscarrosse called La Rive. a week there will be about 500 euro outside of july and august

Currently looking at a couple of the camps in that area. Do they attract many Irish?
I would be hoping the kids can meet ones and get out from under my feet for the week.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: LeoMc on March 07, 2024, 10:58:10 PM

fly into Bordeaux.

Currently looking at a couple of the camps in that area. Do they attract many Irish?
I would be hoping the kids can meet ones and get out from under my feet for the week.

Any of the French or Spanish ones I did the camps were full of Irish
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: LeoMc on March 07, 2024, 10:58:10 PM

fly into Bordeaux.

There will be a few Irish there. Make sure the camps are running and that the instructors have English. Email the camp if unsure.
Also if hoping to do watersports on lake etc a lot of those extra activities incur a charge and only get going during the peak season