bye bye tax disc no more licken the windscreen

Started by lawnseed, December 05, 2013, 09:11:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lawnseed

George osbourne will announce the end of the tax disc this year from then on the authorities will rely on electronic data to enable them to tell that your vehicle is taxed. this system has been used for some time with the police able to tell driving behind you that your car wasn't taxed. you will be able to pay at the post office so you can queue there instead of the motor tax office or pay monthly by direct debit which is great news for bikers like me I wont have to tax the bike for sitting in the shed. now all thats needed is insurance policies that work monthly ie insurance for 3 or 4 summer months  8)

A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Tubberman

Maybe some day you'll be able to pay it online like us gombeens in the south...
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

lawnseed

Quote from: Tubberman on December 05, 2013, 09:14:42 AM
we can pay on line.. but I wouldn't want to pay like you gombeens 7 or 8 hundred euro for a Nissan micra
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Cold tea

Quote from: lawnseed on December 05, 2013, 09:11:37 AM
George osbourne will announce the end of the tax disc this year from then on the authorities will rely on electronic data to enable them to tell that your vehicle is taxed. this system has been used for some time with the police able to tell driving behind you that your car wasn't taxed. you will be able to pay at the post office so you can queue there instead of the motor tax office or pay monthly by direct debit which is great news for bikers like me I wont have to tax the bike for sitting in the shed. now all thats needed is insurance policies that work monthly ie insurance for 3 or 4 summer months  8)

You have been able to pay at the post office for at least 8 years.

Rois

Quote from: lawnseed on December 05, 2013, 09:21:52 AM
we can pay on line.. but I wouldn't want to pay like you gombeens 7 or 8 hundred euro for a Nissan micra

Can we really pay on line??  I never knew that...

Crete Boom

That must be a Nissan Micra that weighs 50 tonnes and has a 10 litre engine since my Audi A3 only costs 185 euro!! :o

johnneycool

Quote from: Rois on December 05, 2013, 10:14:46 AM

Can we really pay on line??  I never knew that...

Neither did I as I thought they had to check that you'd MOT, insurance etc etc...

Please put up the link lawnseed as that'll be far handier!

Tubberman

Then why would you queue in a motor tax office or post office you gombeen.
And you obviously have no notion how it works in the south. As with most things, it doesn't stop you commenting about them and making a tit of yourself.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Cold tea

Franko

I'm not sure about the online thing but you definitely can do it by debit card over the phone.  I've done it for the past two years.

bailestil

seems we can't pay online as it will cost Coleraine 200 jobs.
To find the Phone Number to pay by debit card you need to do serious digging about.
02870341514 for anyone not wanting to stand in a queue.
Ridiculous that you can't pay online. 

NAG1

Quote from: bailestil on December 05, 2013, 10:50:48 AM
To find the Phone Number to pay by debit card you need to do serious digging about.

Ridiculous keeping 200 families in employment in these times, heaven forbid. To save you two seconds finding the number for the same end result.

We should be fighting to keep every job that is out there at the minute.

deiseach

Quote from: NAG1 on December 05, 2013, 10:54:26 AM

Ridiculous keeping 200 families in employment in these times, heaven forbid. To save you two seconds finding the number for the same end result.

Is that the official reason you can't pay your car tax online? To preserve jobs?

Rossfan

Quote from: Tubberman on December 05, 2013, 10:29:00 AM

Then why would you queue in a motor tax office or post office you gombeen.
And you obviously have no notion how it works in the south. As with most things, it doesn't stop you commenting about them and making a tit of yourself.

Typical Unionist/Partitionist  ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

NAG1

Quote from: deiseach on December 05, 2013, 10:57:02 AM
Quote from: NAG1 on December 05, 2013, 10:54:26 AM

Is that the official reason you can't pay your car tax online? To preserve jobs?

Do I look like a government spokesperson Deis? I was merely making the point that the previous post was calling for the jobs just to go because he could simply pay it online. My point was that there are 200 hundred people/ families that I would rather keep in employment rather than turf them onto the unemployment lines just so I or others could pay online.