TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrdeeds

Quote from: JimStynes on April 15, 2024, 09:56:27 PMBaby Reindeer on Netflix is very good.

Unreal. He's a great actor considering he's a comedian. Must be therapeutic playing himself. I never was as uncomfortable watching something and as quiet when over.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: mrdeeds on April 20, 2024, 03:37:47 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on April 15, 2024, 09:56:27 PMBaby Reindeer on Netflix is very good.

Unreal. He's a great actor considering he's a comedian. Must be therapeutic playing himself. I never was as uncomfortable watching something and as quiet when over.
He'll win awards for his acting.

bennydorano

Quote from: RedHand88 on April 15, 2024, 04:59:22 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 15, 2024, 04:41:54 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on April 15, 2024, 04:21:22 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 12, 2024, 09:50:24 PMAny early adopters for Fallout. I've read some big reviews for it. Need to finish Ripley tonight then straight into it.

It was decent, middle of the road.
I'm already losing interest 2 episodes in. It's getting a bit silly.

It's Fallout. It requires a bitof suspension of disbelief on the part of the viewer.
Watched the first one. Decent. Will watch episode 2 tonight maybe
There's not much point in watching something if you don't accept the premise. I'm half way through it and loving it, that's the 2nd gaming origin show I've watched recently (Halo) and loved both, a surprise to me as I've never had any interest whatsoever in gaming,  but I do love Sci-Fi

NAG1

Couldn't sit through it.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: NAG1 on Today at 11:59:16 AM

Couldn't sit through it.

What does that say about 'us' when watching something like that, which happened, that we all felt very uncomfortable and unable to watch?

Watching in discomfort!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on Today at 12:17:13 PM

Couldn't sit through it.

What does that say about 'us' when watching something like that, which happened, that we all felt very uncomfortable and unable to watch?

Watching in discomfort!

I see it is causing a lot of issues for people in the writer past. Internet warriors.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: NAG1 on Today at 12:40:46 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on Today at 12:17:13 PM

Couldn't sit through it.

Watching in discomfort!

I see it is causing a lot of issues for people in the writer past. Internet warriors.

If all true...

If they were part of the damage that it obviously had on him, based on the show, then that's on them, they didn't have to carry out what they did, then expect to walk away scot free!

40,000 emails, can you imagine if a 40 year old man sent 40,000 emails to a 20 odd old woman?

Or a man taking advantage of a young woman looking to get a start in show business?

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jell 0 Biafra

Couldn't sit through it.

Me either. Took two goes to make it through the first episode.  Think I'll leave it at that.

Rois

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on Today at 01:09:24 PM

Couldn't sit through it.

Me either. Took two goes to make it through the first episode.  Think I'll leave it at that.
How come?  I binge-watched it over the weekend (more or less) and found it fascinating, but never felt I had to turn it off. 
The actress playing Martha was fantastic as well. 

Jell 0 Biafra

I just thought it was brutal.  Felt about twice as long as it actually lasted. 

ShutterinbyDayGAAbyNight

Is the new Fallout series worth watching?