Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hurlingstick

Quote from: SCFC on March 15, 2018, 08:05:07 AM
Hi guys.
Laois man in peace here!
Would any local radio station up there be covering Sunday's game?
Many thanks in advance.

www.weareulster.com/antrim

NAG1

Quote from: hurlingstick on March 15, 2018, 03:20:21 PM
Hi guys.
Laois man in peace here!
Many thanks in advance.

Are they covering both games? Thought I saw somewhere that they were covering the football?

hurlingstick

Quote from: NAG1 on March 16, 2018, 08:47:45 AM
Quote from: hurlingstick on March 15, 2018, 03:20:21 PM
Hi guys.
Laois man in peace here!
Many thanks in advance.

Are they covering both games? Thought I saw somewhere that they were covering the football?

Not sure but hopefully they are covering the hurling as well

Minder

Antrim 0-17 Laois 1-16 FT

:(
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Seamroga in exile

Looked like pulling it out of the fire until the last 5 minutes. They didn't look as fit as laois towards the end. Unlucky.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

hurlingstick

So near so far .....we couldn't get Nigel Elliott on the ball at all today. Team played quite well - but again we couldn't get quality ball to our inside line. McManus penalty miss (save) killed us - he missed a few frees and a few from open play too but owes Antrim nothing.

Thought our defence played great. Fair play to the team they are trying to play hurling the right way. Think the management made good subs too. We just couldn't get the ball to Clarkie in this last 5 minutes when he came on.

Unlucky, a gallant effort - 5 point deficit at half time proved too much.

Minder

2A will be no cakewalk next year either
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

seafoid

That is disappointing.  Antrim gave it a good lash this season so far.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

old timers

Very Hard to take today but I'm still scratching my head as to why Simon McCrory came on into the forwards. Given that he is a defender and was only back training a week or so it Just didn't make sense. Maybe he plays forwards for club? And where was Rooney? Was he injured or just not in favour. The kid had a Brilliant write in papers a while back Sambo saying he was the next best thing - and now he's not getting a run out?  What happened McCloskey too?  Injured??  A few strange things IMO

imtommygunn

Quote from: old timers on March 18, 2018, 10:53:01 PM
Very Hard to take today but I'm still scratching my head as to why Simon McCrory came on into the forwards. Given that he is a defender and was only back training a week or so it Just didn't make sense. Maybe he plays forwards for club? And where was Rooney? Was he injured or just not in favour. The kid had a Brilliant write in papers a while back Sambo saying he was the next best thing - and now he's not getting a run out?  What happened McCloskey too?  Injured??  A few strange things IMO

The defense was excellent though so to be honest i don't think any defender there would have improved us? Mcrory started life as a half forward.

Our old achilles heel of forwards as someone said got us. For three quarters of the game we were a good bit better in general play than laois but the other quarter they made it count.

We don't have ball winning forwards so even with way more possession we will not necessarily win games. I was very impressed with the defense and ypung mcnaughton when he came on. Really didn't think we deserved to lose that game but when it could have went either way at the end we didn't take our chances. I saw considerably more positives than negatives though obviously hugely disappointing to be relegated.

NAG1

With the game they are wanting to play, a sweeper system and sometimes two (baffling in itself) there is less emphasis on ball winners when it turns more into a possesion based game.

The problem is that when we did create the deep runners off the shoulder at different points in the game, the ball wasnt released and instead a couple of very poor shots were selected low percentage stuff. This happened a couple of crucial points of the seconf half in particular and when the margins are so fine then this becomes an issue.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: NAG1 on March 20, 2018, 08:56:56 AM
With the game they are wanting to play, a sweeper system and sometimes two (baffling in itself) there is less emphasis on ball winners when it turns more into a possesion based game.

The problem is that when we did create the deep runners off the shoulder at different points in the game, the ball wasnt released and instead a couple of very poor shots were selected low percentage stuff. This happened a couple of crucial points of the seconf half in particular and when the margins are so fine then this becomes an issue.

Yeah
Some players shooting off the back foot when there are options
Then guys stop making the runs
17 wides and  some were due to this
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

ciaran1988

Anyone a link to the league fixtures county website showing last years leagues and fixtures

seafoid

A few Antrim hurlers featured from 1989 here :

https://youtu.be/ozCzwFuPN2Y
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Mhic Easmuint

Quote from: ciaran1988 on March 20, 2018, 04:40:44 PM
Anyone a link to the league fixtures county website showing last years leagues and fixtures

Hurling fixtures up now - http://antrim.gaa.ie/fixtures