Paris for the weekend

Started by Onion Bag, July 14, 2011, 12:04:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onion Bag

Sorry lads and lasses if this has already been discussed, but was looking some help and advise. i  am looking to book a weekend in Paris for me and the missus.
we are going to go at the end of Jan next year.
Looking to know the best areas to go to, hotels, flights, deals etc.
Is it as expensive as people make out?

Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Sandino

Onion Bag that is a short question but it's a long answer. Flights, you will have no shortage of different options depending on where you wish to fly from. Other issues will be how much carp you can put up with in relation to booking flights from the different airlines. The main thing will be to book early and the flights will be cheap enough.
Same issue with hotels, any of the normal booking sights are fine and if you again plan ahead and book early you may get a decent deal. Again the main issue will come down to what type of hotel you want or what type of traveller you are. Hotel rooms in general are small but expensive.
Eating and drinking can be very expensive but it is also possible to do it for reasonable costs but planning and seeking out exactly what you want rather than taking what someone offers you is the key.
Drop me a PM if you wish, if I can be a help.
"You can go proudly. You are history. You are legend''

J OGorman

booking a day ticket on a bato-boat is a cheap and nice way of seeing some of the sites, hop on hop off job...notre dam, eiffel tower etc

mournerambler

Went to Paris 2 years ago, beautiful city with loads to do but it is quite expensive, a pint of beer will set you back approx €10. We stayed in a Novotel opposite Montparnesse rail station & according to our French friend there are areas of Paris that would be best avoided so she recommended the area that we stayed in as being generally seen as a safe area, our hotel room was small but very clean nevertheless, it was brilliant because it was directly opposite one of the main rail stations in the city so you could access so many different lines so easily from here, here's a link, from memory the hotel was quite reasonably priced.

http://www.novotel.com/gb/hotel-5060-novotel-paris-gare-montparnasse/index.shtml

Don Johnson

Learn how to use the Metro as early as you can, it really is very good for getting about.

Tony Baloney

Is it only the Irish that base the cost of a holiday using the price of pint retail index? If it's €10 for a beer don't drink it.

mournerambler

Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 14, 2011, 09:35:50 PM
Is it only the Irish that base the cost of a holiday using the price of pint retail index? If it's €10 for a beer don't drink it.

Probably the fact that when most people go on holiday they will have several pints to drink of an evening, so if someone drinks 5 beer that would equate to €50 per day which may put some people off visiting that place,  FYI I wouldn't care if it was €20 a pint as long as it wasn't scarce, now Tony Baloney, how about you go & nit pick someone else's post.

Minder

Any good Irish pubs in Paris for watching Gaa?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Tony Baloney

Quote from: mournerambler on July 14, 2011, 10:21:35 PM

Probably the fact that when most people go on holiday they will have several pints to drink of an evening, so if someone drinks 5 beer that would equate to €50 per day which may put some people off visiting that place,  FYI I wouldn't care if it was €20 a pint as long as it wasn't scarce, now Tony Baloney, how about you go & nit pick someone else's post.
HERO!

If only these French bastards had something other than beer like wine or something.

mournerambler

Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 14, 2011, 10:40:31 PM

HERO!

If only these French b**tards had something other than beer like wine or something.

so someone starts a thread to try & find some useful info on a prospective  holiday destination & all you want to do is act the c**k by looking for faults in what other posters contribute, f**k off & try your cyber bullying on someone else you tool.

Onion Bag

Lads lads lads calm down, no need for the sniping, mourne & sandino thanks al least now I have something to work on.
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: mournerambler on July 14, 2011, 11:15:51 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 14, 2011, 10:40:31 PM

HERO!

If only these French b**tards had something other than beer like wine or something.

so someone starts a thread to try & find some useful info on a prospective  holiday destination & all you want to do is act the c**k by looking for faults in what other posters contribute, f**k off & try your cyber bullying on someone else you tool.
"Cyber bullying" :D You going to tell teacher? Try O'Neill or TYP.

mournerambler

I nearly choked on my cheap French wine when I read your latest effort.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: mournerambler on July 14, 2011, 11:45:37 PM
I nearly choked on my cheap French wine when I read your latest effort.
Not near enough  ;)

mournerambler

looks like someone just showed you how to work the smiley faces etc at the top, well done,  ;D you're ;D  a quick learner, now it's time you were in bed because your yellow bus will be around early in the morning.

edited so i don't have to sit beside TB on the bus tomorrow