Mark Sidebottom

Started by thewobbler, May 28, 2011, 10:25:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haranguerer

The pick of yesterday was when someone on about the 14 out on the wing tried to switch the play to the far side (cant remember who it was) - as soon as he kicked it Sidey exclaimed 'thats a great ball....[but as it became clear it mightn't be that good, he added the caveat] if [players name] gets it...'.

He didn't, it wasn't. It was actually a horrendous ball  :D

Bingo

Hadn't paid much attention to him till yesterday but he is terrible. I hate the nickname stuff.

But fair play to him for commentating the whole game, as it can't be easy been so far up Peter Canavans arse and still be able to see the game.

Applesisapples

Lads he wasn't that bad, Marty and McStay were worse on the Dublin match. They are yet to call a ref's decision right and McStay's woowoawooh when Kildare scored the goal was just short of the type of favouritism you get watching British teams on ITV. As for the nicknames sure everybody calls Ricey Ricey, although Mugsy would be called a whole lot more!And sure there have been plenty of mad dogs in around Tyrone in the last few years.

isourboydownyet

the devil you do,the devil you dont,we give off about bbc not giving gaa enough coverage and then when they do we slag it off,as applesisapples has said rte on the other side were alot worse

cuconnacht

lay off the man,will there be some point this century where we dont hear ulstermen whinge and whine continuously just for the sake of it.the man is funny,sometimes hilariously so,light hearted and a breadtht of fresh air to the sport.myselfi(muigheo)and the missus(dub)watched one the best games of the year armagh v down and his commentary was the icing on the cake of a fantastic match.it worked well with canavan being the link man.most of ye ive read on other subjects and you quite obviously know the game well enough,if yere that over the top serious mute,lightin up, unmute simple as that.he tamed a bit as the championship progressed and thats regretable,i hope he does pull his head outta petes ass,and get back to form,and lets face it if canavans "bites" go over 20secs he ends up up his own ass,and thats not good place to be for either of them!,if pete dont like it stick in jarlath the great hes gotta good sense of humour to bootthere are books of o heirs gaffs,and o muiricheartaigh,colemanballs and all such,and let me tell that havig been at games where the former two  were commentating on the radio they sounded like mental cases watchin a completely different game but all the same enjoyable.mackin is crackin.armagh have just been lynched, kernan cuttin the fat off his meat god help downthe over abundant arse ot the armagh keeper,absolute gems ::) ;D sidey for prez coz its a lark wit mark

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: cuconnacht on July 10, 2011, 01:53:37 PM
lay off the man,will there be some point this century where we dont hear ulstermen whinge and whine continuously just for the sake of it.the man is funny,sometimes hilariously so,light hearted and a breadtht of fresh air to the sport.myselfi(muigheo)and the missus(dub)watched one the best games of the year armagh v down and his commentary was the icing on the cake of a fantastic match.it worked well with canavan being the link man.most of ye ive read on other subjects and you quite obviously know the game well enough,if yere that over the top serious mute,lightin up, unmute simple as that.he tamed a bit as the championship progressed and thats regretable,i hope he does pull his head outta petes ass,and get back to form,and lets face it if canavans "bites" go over 20secs he ends up up his own ass,and thats not good place to be for either of them!,if pete dont like it stick in jarlath the great hes gotta good sense of humour to bootthere are books of o heirs gaffs,and o muiricheartaigh,colemanballs and all such,and let me tell that havig been at games where the former two  were commentating on the radio they sounded like mental cases watchin a completely different game but all the same enjoyable.mackin is crackin.armagh have just been lynched, kernan cuttin the fat off his meat god help downthe over abundant arse ot the armagh keeper,absolute gems ::) ;D sidey for prez coz its a lark wit mark

holy f**k, ye may as well wrote that in arabic !!
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Incertus

Quote from: cuconnacht on July 10, 2011, 01:53:37 PM

;D ;D he has my vote

Armaghgeddon

Notepads at the ready....its a special occassion so expect some special remarks from the man himself.

Sidebottom: Sweet sweet sweet point under a lot of pressure there
Joe: That was not a point

under the bar

"Players turn to face the national flag" - expect a few calls expressing outrage & nelson mccausland to burn his tv licence at the gates of stormont

tyroneman

If he was a river he would be the mississippi. WTF???

orangeman

When describing the direction of the breeze he called it a "north, south,east, west breeze" while the flags are clearly going in one direction.   ;)

hsthompson

Surely Martin McHugh is even worse? I cannot bear him. He speaks 100mph and ALL of it is pure shite. He's usually looking to change rules too

upmonaghansayswe

Not Sidebottom, but Mark "Maxi" Curran!!.. What the hell!!

Gold

Quote from: upmonaghansayswe on July 17, 2011, 05:09:00 PM
Not Sidebottom, but Mark "Maxi" Curran!!.. What the hell!!

Spooted that caption. Class.
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

mournerambler

McBrierty still lies prostate  ::)