Plumbing help

Started by Hardy, May 15, 2011, 11:58:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anglocelt39

Did Indeed Hardy you didn't exclude factual ones however
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

Hardy

Once again the gaaboard comes through when all else fails. No plumber or plumber's supplier had a clue what I was on about until mournerambler told me exactly what I needed and where to look for it - got it sorted after that.

mournerambler

Quote from: Hardy on May 30, 2011, 06:00:45 PM
Once again the gaaboard comes through when all else fails. No plumber or plumber's supplier had a clue what I was on about until mournerambler told me exactly what I needed and where to look for it - got it sorted after that.

mournerambler likes this  :D

Under Lights

I have a pressurised water system. The pressure was constantly dropping to 0 and I was having to top it up with pressure often. Last night myself and another fella went around the house to check for a leak.  Found it in the burner outside the house so happy enough with that result. However he turned the pressure relief value in the cylinder- it's a Warmflow cylinder- and now it won't stop dumping water. Been running all night. How do I stop this? Is it just a matter of turning off the water coming into the house and waiting?

Any advice would be welcomed.

Aristo 60

Hardy comes out of the (water) closet.

supersarsfields

Quote from: Under Lights on February 07, 2014, 10:44:40 AM
I have a pressurised water system. The pressure was constantly dropping to 0 and I was having to top it up with pressure often. Last night myself and another fella went around the house to check for a leak.  Found it in the burner outside the house so happy enough with that result. However he turned the pressure relief value in the cylinder- it's a Warmflow cylinder- and now it won't stop dumping water. Been running all night. How do I stop this? Is it just a matter of turning off the water coming into the house and waiting?

Any advice would be welcomed.

I have a pressurised system and would regulary have to top up the pressure aswell. I was told when I got it in taht it should only need doing once or twice a year. But I'm finding myself doing it every 3-4 weeks. Is this normal or should I be looking for a leak aswell?

Under Lights

I done a good bit of reading up on it in recent weeks and apparently you should never really have to top up your system. Finding leaks is hard. We found mine out in the burner, the opposite side of the side that it opens. The thing was the drop in pressure was knocking off my burner whereby I would have to go out and manually reset it.