Paul Grimley & Big Joe- The future of Armagh Football.

Started by stew, April 15, 2013, 05:45:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

Big Paul at the helm of the County team, big Joe once again gracing the sidelines of Crossmaglen Rangers, add in the history between the two and I am fearful of a deepening conflict between Cross and the County set up.

Joe has four son's on the panel, is there tension there now between them and Grimley or can we expect both men to be professional and do what's right for both the club and the county? obviously my wish is that they find common ground for the betterment of us all but knowing that there is no love lost between them I am not holding my breath.

What do you lot think about what we have going on now in the Club/County relationship and how are the players reacting to it all?
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

T Fearon

Irrelevant as neither of them will be in their posts in two years time.It was Mc Conville,Bellew etc that made Cross great,with th old hands retired you may find AI titles are few and far between.

Meanwhile Paul himself says he's only holding the fort for a 2002 member to take up the reins.

stew

Quote from: T Fearon on April 15, 2013, 07:28:52 PM
Irrelevant as neither of them will be in their posts in two years time.It was Mc Conville,Bellew etc that made Cross great,with th old hands retired you may find AI titles are few and far between.

Meanwhile Paul himself says he's only holding the fort for a 2002 member to take up the reins.

Tone, Cross are a factory and they will be an AI contender for years to come.

It is just a shame that the two men who were at the helm when we won in 02 have no use for each other anymore, that said as long as they work with each other and not against each other we will be fine.

On another note, I think we will hammer Cavan.

T Fearon

When Oisin had to go off injured in semi final this year,Cross were finished.The younger brigade are nowhere near the legends.

If Joe's sons can give their all for the Armagh jersey it would indicate that there won't be a problem.

armaghniac

QuoteWhen Oisin had to go off injured in semi final this year,Cross were finished.The younger brigade are nowhere near the legends.

You're winding up.
If Brennan had hit the ball half straight, as he would have done 99 times of 100, Cross would have had their 3rd Merrigan with no great help from Bellew et al.

QuoteIf Joe's sons can give their all for the Armagh jersey it would indicate that there won't be a problem.

AK certainly couldn't have shown more commitment than in recent games.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

stew

Quote from: armaghniac on April 15, 2013, 09:47:20 PM
QuoteWhen Oisin had to go off injured in semi final this year,Cross were finished.The younger brigade are nowhere near the legends.

You're winding up.
If Brennan had hit the ball half straight, as he would have done 99 times of 100, Cross would have had their 3rd Merrigan with no great help from Bellew et al.

QuoteIf Joe's sons can give their all for the Armagh jersey it would indicate that there won't be a problem.

AK certainly couldn't have shown more commitment than in recent games.

Great point lads, from the limited games I have seen Stephen play in he is nearly as good as Aaron.

JUst retired

Stew,are you at a bit of sh1t stirring here. It seems like it to me. ???

brokencrossbar1

AK and TK are the only ones playing for the county with the both of them leading by example.  TK is beginning to show the form for Armagh that he has for Cross and when Jamie comes back that will improve as they have a great understanding.  Joe will be manager for maximum 2 years, Grimley's reign will depend solely on this years championship.  There will be no issue in regards to the county and club this year as Cross don't play in the championship till September and by that stage Armagh will not be involved. 

Tony, I can tell you here and now that the current team and the talent that will be added to it over the next 4-6 years will be strong enough to dominate just as much as we did.  As Armaghniac stated Kyle Brennan scores and  Andy is back home again.  There is enough hurt in the lads to drive them on even further again.

stew

Quote from: JUst retired on April 16, 2013, 08:28:45 AM
Stew,are you at a bit of sh1t stirring here. It seems like it to me. ???

Hell no, why would I do that about the men that brought us an AI title?

T Fearon

Bc1,it's a matter of conjecture.But after Portadown Tir Na Nog's great away win on Sunday in Madden,I think it's only a matter of time before we are the dominant force in Armagh! ;D

Count 10

You are early on the soup this week TF!! When was the last time Armagh beat Cavan in Breffni in Ulster championship?

T Fearon

2008,and they went on to win their last Ulster title.

Oraisteach

I asked this on the Armagh vs. Cavan thread, but I was wondering if Jamie Clarke will be in good enough shape to help the county right away after he returns from his Louise and Clarke expedition.  Maybe Jamie playing in 3-minute bursts will be enough to stick the ball in the net.  Also, I like Tony Kernan, but if he plays and Jamie plays, who has to sit?

balladmaker

Quote2008,and they went on to win their last Ulster title.

Would have preferred if you had used 'latest' rather than 'last' Ulster title ... Hope you don't know something the rest of us don't ...

T Fearon

Last time they won it,not the last ever. ;D If memory serves me right,Cavan haven't beaten Armagh in the Championship since 1978.