American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Bill O'Brien is trading away DeAndre Hopkins for the ghost of former running back David Johnson.

magpie seanie

Quote from: gallsman on March 16, 2020, 06:04:10 PM
Bill O'Brien is trading away DeAndre Hopkins for the ghost of former running back David Johnson.

Even if Johnson returns to the form of a few years back (a huge "if"), this is crazy.

Oraisteach

This is nuts!  But the Browns pick up TE Austin Hooper. Great move.

Capt Pat

The Texans also get a second round pick in the Hopkins trade. It still doesn't make sense though.

gallsman

Brady gone in New England!

David McKeown

Vikings trade Diggs and now this. Bonkers news day when you consider what else is going on
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Capt Pat

Cam Newton is no longer wanted by the Panthers. They have given him permission to seek a trade.

Capt Pat

The Panthers are now looking to sign Teddy Bridgewater as their starting quarterback.

Gabriel_Hurl

Brady ending up in Tampa Bay by all accounts

Capt Pat

Vonn Miller the Broncos pass rusher has tested positive for corona virus. I am sure he will be fine.

edit: Just reading that Miller has asthma which might complicate matters.

blewuporstuffed

Looking forward to the Jordan documentary coming to Netflix
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

screenexile

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on April 17, 2020, 09:41:54 AM

Yeah has potential to be one of the best sports documentaries about... what a player but I'd say he's some p***k!

Ethan Tremblay

Quote from: screenexile on April 17, 2020, 10:38:01 AM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on April 17, 2020, 09:41:54 AM

Yeah has potential to be one of the best sports documentaries about... what a player but I'd say he's some p***k!

I read his book a few years ago, he comes across as a pr*ck in it alright, but his winning mentality dictated that behaviour.  Really looking forward to this. 
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

Taylor

Last Dance first thoughts - MJ looks a sick man

screenexile

Quote from: Taylor on April 20, 2020, 10:37:36 AM
Last Dance first thoughts - MJ looks a sick man

Very slick wish I could binge watch all of it... It's been very tame from him so far by and large but I'm sure we'll get to see some of the temper tantrums as things unfold.