Predict Prelim Q/finals: Kildare/Monaghan, Cork/Ros, Donegal/Tyrone, Galway/Mayo

Started by GAABoardMod5, June 21, 2023, 07:31:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

How many are Tyrone missing who would be definite starters on Sunday?

For Donegal, Ryan McHugh, Michael Langan and Peader Mogan are nailed on starters who are out injured. McFadden Ferry probably would be starting but is out for the year too. McBrearty is feeling his way back from a bad one he got in the league game in Omagh and will probably start from the bench. Jason McGee is in and out with injury - no idea if he'll be available Sunday, but we need him as we are light at midfield.

One of the two O'Donnell brothers have been first choice the previous two seasons (Niall in 21, Shane last year), but they opted out for the year.

tyrone08

Thought Cork would have been favourites considering they were narrowly beaten by kerry and they beat mayo

Cunny Funt

Quote from: tyrone08 on June 21, 2023, 08:26:41 PM
Thought Cork would have been favourites considering they were narrowly beaten by kerry and they beat mayo

Roscommon favourites probably based on season long form. Roscommon beat Mayo and narrowly beaten by Kerry also.  Odds has Roscommon by 1 point but Cork at home off the back of win compared to Roscommon off the back of a defeat so a real 50/50 game.

Orior

Quote from: Cunny Funt on June 21, 2023, 08:43:12 PM

Roscommon favourites probably based on season long form. Roscommon beat Mayo and narrowly beaten by Kerry also.  Odds has Roscommon by 1 point but Cork at home off the back of win compared to Roscommon off the back of a defeat so a real 50/50 game.

I think the Cork v Sheep Stealer match was the easiest to predict. A straightforward win for the sheep stealers.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

armaghniac

If Cork can beat Mayo then they have a good chance against Roscommon.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

seafoid

They are D2. Ros are D1

lenny

Quote from: armaghniac on June 21, 2023, 11:29:16 PM
If Cork can beat Mayo then they have a good chance against Roscommon.

It wouldn't be a surprise if one or two of these games went to penalties. I fancy Kildare, Tyrone, Roscommon and Mayo but all of the games could go either way.

Captain Scarlet

The problem for Kildare is that we never know who is showing uo so sadly I'd say Monaghan will win.
I think Rossies will bounce back.
Donegal and Galway.

Galway are another team that swing week to week and so I reckon they will be Good Galway on Sunday...
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Rossfan

Quote from: seafoid on June 22, 2023, 06:03:50 AM
They are D2. Ros are D1
Kildare are D2 also :-\
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Derryman forever

:'(
Quote from: Rossfan on June 22, 2023, 08:37:09 AM
Quote from: seafoid on June 22, 2023, 06:03:50 AM
They are D2. Ros are D1
Kildare are D2 also :-\

Mayo are top of Div one

tbrick18

Kildare v Monaghan - Monaghan usually have a big game in them and this could be it.
Cork v Roscommon - Tight one, but home advantage and Cork have been improving.

Donegal v Tyrone - I think Donegal have turned a corner. Really put it up to Derry and shut out McGuigan then comfortably beat Monaghan. They'll shut out Canavan I think. Tyrone have a poor middle 8 and I think Donegal will hurt them here.
Galway v Mayo - Both teams full strength I'm going for Galway, but with so many key players reportedly injured I think Mayo will take it.

OakLeaf

Kildare v Monaghan - Monaghan to shade this one.
Cork v Roscommon - Roscommon should have too much for Cork.
Donegal v Tyrone - Donegal are improving and I'd fancy them to take this one. Although Jason Mc Gee will be a big loss if he's out.
Galway v Mayo - Both teams are faltering a bit at the wrong time but I still fancy Galway, even if Comer and Kelly are out.

joemamas

Q

Won the league competition, I would like to focus on their predictions.

Only way I can see Mayo winning is if we make three changes, two positional changes and if
Kelly, Comer are out, and Walsh who does not look right does not beat us on his own.

rosnarun

Kildare v Monaghan - kildare
Cork v Roscommon - cork

Donegal v Tyrone - tyrone
Galway v Mayo  - mayo
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

weareros

Kildare v Monaghan - tough one but Kildare's shooting, energy and tactics impressed me on Sunday.
Cork v Roscommon - generally we don't recover well when wind is knocked out of our sails, as it just was, but giving us a hesitant vote
Donegal v Tyrone - Donegal seem to have made a Lazarus like recovery from their latter showings in the league
Galway v Mayo - Galway are in trouble with injuries but Mayo don't have the players to unlock that Galway defense and have always found the Hurson more sympathetic to tough defenders than harried forwards