Mayo Club Football.

Started by intoDwest, November 10, 2006, 11:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Stupid yellow in that he didn't have to make any contact with the player for the second yellow, the ball was played he came in late, the theatrics would have ensured I'd have just gave a foul, I'd have explained that to the player also.

As for the commentary most viewers I'd assume have the intelligence to judge their own interpretation of the game, and wouldn't take too much notice of the likes of McStay/Brolly/Spillane. They do have their uses but in the main I nearly zone out of the guest commentary
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

macdanger2

Knockmore V Ballina
Breaffy V Westport

Strange that the draw didn't keep teams from the same group apart

From the Bunker

Quote from: Hound on August 30, 2020, 10:55:36 AM
That looked an horrendous mouth injury poor Drake suffered early on. Looked like he lost of a few teeth and still blood coming out ages after the incident.

The third O'Shea looks to have come on a lot. He'd a very good game.

He's a well decent club player.

Hound

Quote from: macdanger2 on August 30, 2020, 07:21:10 PM
Knockmore V Ballina
Breaffy V Westport

13 years since Ballina won it, the most recent of the four teams left.  Could it be that no player likely to see a action in either semi has a county winners medal?
One team will end a big drought, no matter what happens.

Crete Boom

Quote from: Hound on August 31, 2020, 01:18:43 PM
Knockmore V Ballina
Breaffy V Westport

13 years since Ballina won it, the most recent of the four teams left.  Could it be that no player likely to see a action in either semi has a county winners medal?

David Clarke and David O'Mahony were playing in 2007 and both will start the next day. Ger Caff if he was fit would be starting and he has a medal from 2007. I am not sure but Ciaran Sweeney might have been on the bench in 2007 and he will play a big part the next day against Knockmore too.

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: Crete Boom on August 31, 2020, 02:57:37 PM
Quote from: Hound on August 31, 2020, 01:18:43 PM
Knockmore V Ballina
Breaffy V Westport

David Clarke and David O'Mahony were playing in 2007 and both will start the next day. Ger Caff if he was fit would be starting and he has a medal from 2007. I am not sure but Ciaran Sweeney might have been on the bench in 2007 and he will play a big part the next day against Knockmore too.

I can't tell at this resolution, but full panel pic from the day here:
https://www.sportsfile.com/id/269445/
Hasta la victoria siempre

Crete Boom

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 01, 2020, 07:32:13 AM

Cheers Bunker,
Yeah that is Ciaran Sweeney standing on the back left with a subs top on. Also on the other end of the back row is Brendan O'Hora (cousin of Padraig) who was on the bench against Aghamore the last day so that would make 4 from 2007 winning team who could be involved the next day. I don't see Ger Caff in that team photo and I don't remember him in the knockout stages of the county championship. I do remember him starting when we got hammered out the gate by Nemo rangers in the All Ireland semi final.

Hound

Does Padraig O'Hora play with Ballina?

Am I right in thinking that's the same fella who won the Special Forces army training thingy on RTÉ?  He was brilliant on that, came across as really likeable.

Tubberman

Quote from: Hound on September 02, 2020, 03:06:59 PM

Am I right in thinking that's the same fella who won the Special Forces army training thingy on RTÉ?  He was brilliant on that, came across as really likeable.

The same lad. He's a bit of a cult-hero at this stage :)
In fairness to him, he's a great role model for any young fella.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Crete Boom

Quote from: Hound on September 02, 2020, 03:06:59 PM

Yeah he would be one of the main men for us at this stage. He has been playing great stuff for us since 2015 but injuries have blighted him from 2016 till last year. Was on the Mayo panel in 2016 before shoulder and knee injuries ruled him out for the guts of a year.

macdanger2

Was just looking at the roll of honour there, mad to think that both Lacken (1917) and Ballycastle (1936, 37 & 39) have county titles considering where they are now.

I see the divisional sides won a few titles in the 50s and 60s too, North Mayo in 1968 being the last one. Anyone know what the makeup of that team was?

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: macdanger2 on September 02, 2020, 08:36:13 PM
Was just looking at the roll of honour there, mad to think that both Lacken (1917) and Ballycastle (1936, 37 & 39) have county titles considering where they are now.

I see the divisional sides won a few titles in the 50s and 60s too, North Mayo in 1968 being the last one. Anyone know what the makeup of that team was?

Stand to be corrected, but I believe it was Ballycastle / Lacken / Kiltane
Hasta la victoria siempre

macdanger2

Bit of a surprise to see Hollymount/Carramore beaten by Kiltimagh in the intermediate

macdanger2

Breaffy 0-15 Westport 0-13