Laois Senior Football Championship 2020

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, February 27, 2020, 11:21:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laois Rising

Longford seem to be missing a number of big players. Looking at the Longford team that played Louth at the weekend I didn't see John Keegan, David or James McGivney or Pádraig McCormack's name and we know that Mickey Quinn is definitely gone for the year. That is the centre back, two midfielders, centre forward and full forward of the last last few years missing for them. If Laois fail to win at the weekend it would be a major disappointment as we are playing a very weakened Longford side.

I predict comfortable Laois win by 5/6 points. 

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

blueandwhite1

Quote from: Laois Rising on November 05, 2020, 11:12:36 AM
Longford seem to be missing a number of big players. Looking at the Longford team that played Louth at the weekend I didn't see John Keegan, David or James McGivney or Pádraig McCormack's name and we know that Mickey Quinn is definitely gone for the year. That is the centre back, two midfielders, centre forward and full forward of the last last few years missing for them. If Laois fail to win at the weekend it would be a major disappointment as we are playing a very weakened Longford side.

I predict comfortable Laois win by 5/6 points.

If we play like we did for 68 minutes against Fermanagh even a weakened Longford will cause us problems.

clonadmad

Quote from: Junior Ex Laoistalk on December 19, 2020, 10:52:03 AM
What a strange year, 2020 football championship will not finish until June 2021.

https://www.laoistoday.ie/2020/12/18/2020-laois-gaa-club-championship-finals-to-be-delayed-further-with-june-date-for-county-finals/?fbclid=IwAR0KGssKstxooysTYXsOGMPw50Z1TwLv_NJtWybmaJiLzmdfHmEj1HqjSEw

Playing it in June during the height of the Intercounty season?

Do these lads not keep in contact with Croke Park?

Split season is in

Intercounty till the 24th of July then the Club season kicks in

town1980

its going to be very harsh on all the semi finalists but i think its time to pull the pin on all finals and reinstate teams that have been relegated,its going to run into next years championship and that might not go ahead either there is to much uncertainty out there at the minute,its only my opinion

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Quote from: town1980 on December 21, 2020, 10:04:00 AM
its going to be very harsh on all the semi finalists but i think its time to pull the pin on all finals and reinstate teams that have been relegated,its going to run into next years championship and that might not go ahead either there is to much uncertainty out there at the minute,its only my opinion

I don't think you would have the same opinion if Portlaoise were still in contention. This year is a great opportunity for some other club to claim county honours and it would be very unfair not to go ahead with the championship at this stage. Its only 3 games which should be very easy to accommodate in next years calendar.

recyclebin

Are many other counties in the same situation as Laois? Could the GAA not have allowed for a few weeks early next year to get the club championship finished. If they are worried about Covid and the after parties then don't let them take home the cup and get the Gardai to do their jobs in the town/village that wins it. It's hardly that difficult.

Downtheroad

Quote from: recyclebin on December 21, 2020, 10:09:51 PM
Are many other counties in the same situation as Laois? Could the GAA not have allowed for a few weeks early next year to get the club championship finished. If they are worried about Covid and the after parties then don't let them take home the cup and get the Gardai to do their jobs in the town/village that wins it. It's hardly that difficult.
It's not a GAA decision either at local or national level. There will be no club games until level 2.     

recyclebin

Never though of that  :-[ Looks like we won't be back to Tier 2 for a long time which is a shame for the clubs left in the semis.

town1980

its not that my club is out of this years championship its because it is now becoming farcical,,no date no time frame and 2021 is gona be the same no dates no time frame for that club championship either getting club managers will even be tough because they cant plan im presuming,,what started as an exciting championship i feel now 2020 is a non runner,,will there be a club league this year?? 2021 could be the very same with competitions not being fulfilled priority is now kicking Mr Covid out full stop

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Weekend July 31-August 1 or August 7-8 or August 14-15 or August 21-22
Laois SFC Semi-finals
(Winner on the Day if necessary)
Ballyfin v Portarlington in O'Moore Park
Emo v Graiguecullen in O'Moore Park

Weekend August 7-8 or August 14-15 or August 21-22
Laois SFC Final
(Winner on the Day if necessary)
Ballyfin or Portarlington v Emo or Graiguecullen in O'Moore Park

redsetanta

Certainly keeping their options open.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

SCFC

Quote from: redsetanta on May 14, 2021, 02:49:48 PM
Certainly keeping their options open.

Basically the date those games are played will be dictated by whenever Laois exit the Leinster football championship.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Which judging by the Clare game will be early I fear. I really hope I'm wrong and that they will all play to their potential against Cork.