Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

And 2 Charity Shields  :P

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: Over the Bar on May 12, 2019, 07:23:28 PM
Quote from: Geoff Tipps on May 12, 2019, 07:16:55 PM
Remember a couple of new players in the summer and everything will be just fine.  ;D

Absolutely. A couple of midfielders, a couple of defenders and a couple of strikers and we'll be grand!  ;)

You might as well throw in a new keeper while you're at it!

BennyCake

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on May 12, 2019, 11:58:40 PM
Remember a couple of new players in the summer and everything will be just fine.  ;D

Absolutely. A couple of midfielders, a couple of defenders and a couple of strikers and we'll be grand!  ;)

Yup. Need a new spine. I'd go for something like this:

Schmeichel
Maguire
Kante
Vardy

Maroon Manc

Thankfully thats over, hard to believe a team that went from taking 32 points from the first 36 that was available to Ole to taking 8 points from the remaining 27 points. Herrera leaving on a free another sign of how poorly the club has been run, United left themselves wide open by leaving it so late to negotiate with him; He was clearly going to have plenty of interest in him.

Huge summer ahead, United simply have to buy well.

johnnycool

Quote from: BennyCake on May 13, 2019, 12:05:26 AM

Schmeichel
Maguire
Kante
Vardy

Leicester 2016 you mean.

Get Mahrez as well.

Big Morgan will probably be the only one they could land ATM.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Maroon Manc on May 13, 2019, 09:59:52 AM
Thankfully thats over, hard to believe a team that went from taking 32 points from the first 36 that was available to Ole to taking 8 points from the remaining 27 points. Herrera leaving on a free another sign of how poorly the club has been run, United left themselves wide open by leaving it so late to negotiate with him; He was clearly going to have plenty of interest in him.

Summed up well and all eyes on what happens this summer now. TBH I'll be shocked if buying well is done with Ed Woodward still mainly in control of the transfers.

Not saying United will reach City's level in the next season or two but i might add in 2016 Man City also finished their season on 66 points.

screenexile

Quote from: Cunny Funt on May 13, 2019, 11:37:58 AM

Summed up well and all eyes on what happens this summer now. TBH I'll be shocked if buying well is done with Ed Woodward still mainly in control of the transfers.

Not saying United will reach City's level in the next season or two but i might add in 2016 Man City also finished their season on 66 points.

Fair point but City had a plan and the right people in place to be able to do that . . . It doesn't feel like United are in that place at the minute!

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: screenexile on May 13, 2019, 11:40:20 AM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on May 13, 2019, 11:37:58 AM

Fair point but City had a plan and the right people in place to be able to do that . . . It doesn't feel like United are in that place at the minute!

You'll find out pretty soon. If I remember correctly City came flying out the gate that summer - as soon as the window opened they had their business done early. All serious clubs get it sorted early on.

trailer

Valencia has also gone. He seemed a good pro. Unable to beat the first defender with a cross, but a good pro all the same. I look forward to a highlight reel in years to come of him lifting trophies but no actual footage of him contributing to said trophy. Although, as I write, I remember he did score against Blackburn in an important game once. It may have been a cross that missed its target but an important goal all the same. I wish him well.

If Young also leaves, will this mean we are forced to play someone who can actually cross the ball and make a worthwhile contribution? Worrying times indeed.

BennyCake

Quote from: johnnycool on May 13, 2019, 11:07:13 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on May 13, 2019, 12:05:26 AM

Schmeichel
Maguire
Kante
Vardy

Leicester 2016 you mean.

Get Mahrez as well.

Big Morgan will probably be the only one they could land ATM.

Maguire wasn't at Leicester in 2016. It's only coincidental they're all Leicester though. And they are what United need in all those positions

BennyCake

Quote from: trailer on May 13, 2019, 12:08:17 PM
Valencia has also gone. He seemed a good pro. Unable to beat the first defender with a cross, but a good pro all the same. I look forward to a highlight reel in years to come of him lifting trophies but no actual footage of him contributing to said trophy. Although, as I write, I remember he did score against Blackburn in an important game once. It may have been a cross that missed its target but an important goal all the same. I wish him well.

If Young also leaves, will this mean we are forced to play someone who can actually cross the ball and make a worthwhile contribution? Worrying times indeed.

Always liked Valencia. Give his all. He was POTY at United once or twice. Didn't get a load of goals, but he has been shoehorned into a FB position for the last 3/4 years. Plus he missed a whole season with a broken leg too. Injury and age catching up with him, but I'm sorry to see him go. Great servant.

Square Ball

did Woodward bow to the public clamour and appoint OGS too early? If he had stuck to his guns and waited to the end of the season would they have appointed him? I think not given the end to the season. but hope springs eternal.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

BennyCake

Quote from: Square Ball on May 13, 2019, 01:19:08 PM
did Woodward bow to the public clamour and appoint OGS too early? If he had stuck to his guns and waited to the end of the season would they have appointed him? I think not given the end to the season. but hope springs eternal.

Ole was appointed because they obviously couldn't get Pochettino. I mean, why appoint Ole permanently if an obviously better manager could be got?

Geoff Tipps

Not a chance! Complete madness to give him the job in the first place. He got a bit of a bounce that all new managers get and a very lucky win against PSG.
His managerial record shows nothing that would suggest he's up to the job of managing a club like United. He'll be gone by March next season and the merry go round will continue.
If anyone at United had any sense they would call an end to it now and go after Poch.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on May 13, 2019, 01:44:39 PM

Not a chance! Complete madness to give him the job in the first place. He got a bit of a bounce that all new managers get and a very lucky win against PSG.
His managerial record shows nothing that would suggest he's up to the job of managing a club like United. He'll be gone by March next season and the merry go round will continue.
If anyone at United had any sense they would call an end to it now and go after Poch.

Could be Halloween if there's a shaky start. Anyway, do Utd have to play in the qualifying round for the Europa League next season?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.