5-10 pts
38 (33.9%)
10+ pts
36 (32.1%)

Total Members Voted: 112

Voting closed: December 19, 2020, 08:56:37 AM

BennyCake

Quote from: Eire90 on December 19, 2020, 07:09:14 PM
is it time to ban punch in goals goals can only be scored by the feet.

What about headers?

Captain Obvious

Was loads of talk before the game but the kick outs had no real influence on the game. Interesting Mayo forced Cluxton to kick long.

Angelo

Mayo put it up to Dublin for 50 minutes.

Dublin are not an exciting team to watch, they have an extra 20% in terms of their conditioning and power in contrast to their closest rivals, in footballing terms not a huge amount in the difference. Mayo played the more exciting football. Dublin just keep the ball until they create a gimmee point.

Mayo faded in the final 20 and Dublin just saw it out in 3rd gear at that point.

Pro athletes v amateurs.

Kilkenny is probably the most complete footballer in the country.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

An Watcher

Honest question, how well would a combined 31 county team do against Dublin?

BennyCake

Angelo

Quote from: Captain Obvious on December 19, 2020, 07:12:15 PM
Was loads of talk before the game but the kick outs had no real influence on the game. Interesting Mayo forced Cluxton to kick long.

Thought Cluxton was dodgy tonight, got away with one where O'Donoghue let it slip between his legs.

Fenton is absolutely majestic in the air, makes a goalkeepers job so much easier.

grounded

Yep, Mayo's subs didnt make much of an impact. Fenlon had a monster of a second half. Very sad for Mayo. In any other era they probably would have had at least 1 or possibly 2 All Irelands. Dublin just too good. 

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Angelo

Quote from: hardstation on December 19, 2020, 07:15:37 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 19, 2020, 07:08:21 PM
Quote from: Silkyskillssunshinee on December 19, 2020, 07:03:10 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 19, 2020, 06:55:31 PM
Quote from: Silkyskillssunshinee on December 19, 2020, 06:52:53 PM
Dublin didn't even get out of third gear. They never really show up in these finals. Still won at ease in the end. No one can live with them in those last 15 mins.

The ten in a row is well and truly on folks. Inter-county football is in the grave.

So this is a too many drinks taken post and WUM'ing the life right out of it.

Stop embarrassing your county Gaels you dick

Embarrassing my county? I'm just saying how bored I'm getting watching this level of dominance with no end in sight? Get over yourself a little bit.

No, read back what you posted and have a bit of humility. Embarrassing
He's not wrong though. They didn't try to push on at all. Just knocked the ball around the middle for most of the game. Mayo tried really hard but there wasn't a single second of the game where I thought Mayo had a chance of winning it. It was total pish!

Agreed, Dublin just have an extra 20-30% on their rivals in terms of conditioning.

You could see how rattled Dublin were in the first half when Mayo got wired into them and went after them, it threw Dublin off their game but no team can do that against them for 70 minutes.

You had Kerry last season with a man up for more than half the game and they were out on their feet against Dublin going into the final quarter.

The only way I see anyone beating Dublin is if a Dublin player does something so stupid in the first 10 minutes and they go down to 14 for the remainder of the game.

StPatsAbu

Quote from: BennyCake on December 19, 2020, 06:53:07 PM
You'd think they'd let someone else be captain? The 6 in a row poster with 6 Cluxtons is going to look a bit weird.
Cluxton is so far up his own hole he would prob go on strike if anyone else got the limelight. Twat.

greatpoint

Quote from: grounded on December 19, 2020, 07:14:54 PM
Yep, Mayo's subs didnt make much of an impact. Fenlon had a monster of a second half. Very sad for Mayo. In any other era they probably would have had at least 1 or possibly 2 All Irelands. Dublin just too good.

This isn't a useful way of looking at things, no one has any way to know if they would have had All-Irelands in another era. The evidence of the last 30ish years would suggest absolutely not. I've seen plenty of Mayo supporters say that they prefer to have their record over the past 10 years over winning just the one All-Ireland like Kerry and Donegal have done. Madness.

Angelo

What happened Durcan?

Did he carry an injury into the game as he was very quiet in the first half. He was absolutely crucial.

Also, how did Coldrick miss the Fitzsimons one on Keegan?

McGeary got the line against Galway in a league game this year for a challenge that was nowhere near as bad or late as that and the ref didn't even blow a free for it.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on December 19, 2020, 07:15:37 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 19, 2020, 07:08:21 PM
Quote from: Silkyskillssunshinee on December 19, 2020, 07:03:10 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 19, 2020, 06:55:31 PM
Quote from: Silkyskillssunshinee on December 19, 2020, 06:52:53 PM
Dublin didn't even get out of third gear. They never really show up in these finals. Still won at ease in the end. No one can live with them in those last 15 mins.

The ten in a row is well and truly on folks. Inter-county football is in the grave.

So this is a too many drinks taken post and WUM'ing the life right out of it.

Stop embarrassing your county Gaels you dick

Embarrassing my county? I'm just saying how bored I'm getting watching this level of dominance with no end in sight? Get over yourself a little bit.

No, read back what you posted and have a bit of humility. Embarrassing
He's not wrong though. They didn't try to push on at all. Just knocked the ball around the middle for most of the game. Mayo tried really hard but there wasn't a single second of the game where I thought Mayo had a chance of winning it. It was total pish!

They play keep ball, all dominate teams do, we did it for over ten years at club level.. good teams do it.

They look for openings and take the scores, that's possession football, that's the way the game is played

It's not easy doing that and they do it after creating a decent lead, if the game is in the mix they'll be pushing forward..

Being comfortable on the ball is quality. And some armchair watchers think it's easy and boring. His arrogance is embarrassing 
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

J70

Quote from: JoG2 on December 19, 2020, 07:08:28 PM
Quote from: laoislad on December 19, 2020, 07:03:47 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on December 19, 2020, 07:02:47 PM
You're easily looking at 10 in a row here.
Yeah but will anyone be watching by then...

Funny, just off the phone with a good friend. He was saying he'll not be watching another final with Dublin in it! Could be while I replied.

I'm the same.

I actually completely forgot about it this morning and did some errands. It was only passing an Irish pub in Queens and seeing it on that reminded me.

Watched the second half, but only half-watched the last ten once it was clear the Dubs were going to coast home.

Doubt if I'll watch the next few.

red hander

Two great runs from full-back in second half. First one where he offloaded to Kilkenny for a point, it was game over after that.