Started by tyroneman, July 01, 2019, 12:38:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

southtyronegael

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 02, 2019, 01:14:05 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on July 02, 2019, 12:58:58 PM
Quote from: redhandefender on July 02, 2019, 11:58:52 AM
Draw, ye heard it here 1st

Must be finished on the day which includes penalties if required. Now imagine reaching the last 8 in that manner?

Can we speculate who the 5 would be?

Harte, Mcshane, M Donnelly, Brennan, Morgan?
Brennan?

bogball88

Must be finished on the day which includes penalties if required. Now imagine reaching the last 8 in that manner?

The dazzler?

RedHand88

Quote from: southtyronegael on July 02, 2019, 01:57:05 PM

Brennan?

Rory

RedHand88

Quote from: bogball88 on July 02, 2019, 02:35:37 PM

The dazzler?

Forgot about him actually.

Itchy

Quote from: Main Street on July 02, 2019, 12:41:40 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on July 02, 2019, 09:21:59 AM
I think it's not unreasonable to say that the losers of Cavan/Tyrone and Herrins/Rhubarbs would be better teams than the winners of Meath/Clare or Cork/Laois.
I have only seen Meath and Cork play and they would compete if not beat the losers of other 2 qualifier.

Seasons over for you ya moany fecker, scuttle off bow like a good lad.

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Aaron Boone

Quote from: seafoid on July 02, 2019, 05:59:29 PM
Hon Cavan

They have the All-Irelands in the bank, they have the Ulsters, they have the history. Tyrone are non-starters in comparison.

Rossfan

Quote from: Aaron Boone on July 02, 2019, 08:28:20 PM
Quote from: seafoid on July 02, 2019, 05:59:29 PM
Hon Cavan

They have the All-Irelands in the bank, they have the Ulsters, they have the history. Tyrone are non-starters in comparison.
Does that get added to the scoreboard? ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Main Street

On form, based on both teams' performances against Donegal and Tyrone's  since, it's a comfortable 3 -7 point win for Tyrone.

Captain Obvious

The view held by most is that Cavan under Michael Graham are much improved however last year in the qualifiers Cavan only lost by 3 points to Tyrone and i have my doubts if the margin of defeat will be that narrow this time.

Watching Tyrone last weekend against or be it a flat Kildare outfit they seem to click into action again, they did similar last year v Cork and it propelled them into the All Ireland final. 

cavanmaniac

Literally any other team would have been a satisfactory draw for Cavan, but if there's an all Ulster pairing possible, out of the hat she'll come. So deflating and such an anti climax, super 8s would have been a great developer for the team and manager. A typically impotent exit, following the usual script when we play Tyrone, could actually send us backwards a few steps. You'd hope that the bit of steel we've been able to show at times this summer will at least see us emerge with a an enhanced reputation, but as for the result it's a foregone conclusion I'm afraid.

armaghniac

Cavan need to get stuck in from the start. Against Donegal they were like a rabbit in the headlights for a long while, allowing Donegal get a big lead.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Esmarelda

Quote from: cavanmaniac on July 03, 2019, 12:50:53 PM
Literally any other team would have been a satisfactory draw for Cavan, but if there's an all Ulster pairing possible, out of the hat she'll come. So deflating and such an anti climax, super 8s would have been a great developer for the team and manager. A typically impotent exit, following the usual script when we play Tyrone, could actually send us backwards a few steps. You'd hope that the bit of steel we've been able to show at times this summer will at least see us emerge with a an enhanced reputation, but as for the result it's a foregone conclusion I'm afraid.
That's one of the most pessimistic posts I've ever read. Is this the feeling in Cavan generally?

If it is then the players living in Cavan will surely pick up on this vibe and may be beaten before they take the pitch.