Cost Of Living

Started by Olly, July 03, 2022, 05:55:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoG2

Quote from: armaghniac on March 28, 2024, 12:41:23 PM
Quote from: lurganblue on March 12, 2024, 01:48:36 PMThere are no shortages of jobs going at the minute.  At least it curtails the "them foreigners coming over here and taking all our jobs" rhetoric/excuse.

they can have our jobs, it is the houses they take that are the problem

Have 'they' taken your job or your house or a house from anyone you know ? Genuine question

screenexile

AustinPowers

Quote from: screenexile on Today at 12:18:15 PM

That's exactly what  I was thinking of , when  I read the above post  ;D

armaghniac

Quote from: JoG2 on Today at 12:11:28 PM
Quote from: lurganblue on March 12, 2024, 01:48:36 PMThere are no shortages of jobs going at the minute.  At least it curtails the "them foreigners coming over here and taking all our jobs" rhetoric/excuse.

Have 'they' taken your job or your house or a house from anyone you know ? Genuine question

It is simple logic that if you allow in more immigrants than you build houses then you somebody is going to have problems getting a house. I'm quite comfortable and am not one of those people. In general, this debate seems to be unable to distinguish between the aggregate effect and situations of individuals.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

JoG2

Quote from: armaghniac on Today at 12:47:34 PM

It is simple logic that if you allow in more immigrants than you build houses then you somebody is going to have problems getting a house. I'm quite comfortable and am not one of those people. In general, this debate seems to be unable to distinguish between the aggregate effect and situations of individuals.

So you're worried for others (us Irish with the great bloodline that will hopefully never get diluted by the bad foreigner's bloodline).. Helping out other folk who need our help isn't the issue, they are not your enemy. Why not worry and look out for those less fortunate than us?
The real enemy here looks very like you and me, not the unfortunate on the boats, not trans etc...

theticklemister

Quote from: JoG2 on Today at 12:58:44 PM

So you're worried for others (us Irish with the great bloodline that will hopefully never get diluted by the bad foreigner's bloodline).. Helping out other folk who need our help isn't the issue, they are not your enemy. Why not worry and look out for those less fortunate than us?
The real enemy here looks very like you and me, not the unfortunate on the boats, not trans etc...

JOG2 I have a lot of respect for you and clicking on this page I looked at the colour coded quotes and I thought it was you that was being racist and I was disappointed....

But looking back I see it was you that was not and you were being what I always thought about you....

And my faith in you restored!!!

Olly

A fish supper yesterday cost me £12.20. This is ridiculous. Costs nothing to catch a fish apart from the rod.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

toby47

Quote from: Olly on Today at 02:47:12 PMA fish supper yesterday cost me £12.20. This is ridiculous. Costs nothing to catch a fish apart from the rod.

They are expensive tbf

JoG2

Quote from: theticklemister on Today at 02:09:34 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on Today at 12:58:44 PM

JOG2 I have a lot of respect for you and clicking on this page I looked at the colour coded quotes and I thought it was you that was being racist and I was disappointed....

But looking back I see it was you that was not and you were being what I always thought about you....

And my faith in you restored!!!

Jesus lolol, I'm a man of the people Tickle  ;D

JoG2

Quote from: Olly on Today at 02:47:12 PMA fish supper yesterday cost me £12.20. This is ridiculous. Costs nothing to catch a fish apart from the rod.

How very Shakespearean of you Olly

theticklemister

Aye a fish supper is dear as f**k