Tyrone V Monaghan AIQF 2015

Started by never kickt a ball, August 01, 2015, 08:20:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: INDIANA on August 02, 2015, 12:21:51 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on August 02, 2015, 12:17:22 AM
It's Counties that win All Irelands  not Provinces.

Could be Mayos year

spread the word

I fancy a Donegal Kerry final.

Whishtup

Very possibe a Kerry Mayo final...they did provide the best two games of the championship last year-titanic struggles, the first game being possibly the best game of football I have ever seen for intensity.

Schkite

INDIANA

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 02, 2015, 12:25:44 AM

Could be Mayos year

spread the word

I fancy a mayo v Kerry final

With the usual result

Syferus

From the Bunker

Quote from: INDIANA on August 02, 2015, 01:01:31 AM
Quote from: From the Bunker on August 02, 2015, 12:25:44 AM

Could be Mayos year

spread the word

I fancy a mayo v Kerry final

With the usual result

You took the Bate!  ;)  (Knew you did not fancy Mayo!)

qz

Monaghan have yet to prove they are a Croke Park team to date. Their biggest championship wins were in their own back yard. I doubt they would have won their 2 recent Ulster finals if they were in Ballybofey or Croker.

cadhlancian

Monaghan 4/6
Tyrone 13/8

Very surprised at that! I think Tyrone are massively overpriced.

Aaron Boone

Quote from: cadhlancian on August 02, 2015, 04:40:41 AM
Monaghan 4/6
Tyrone 13/8

Very surprised at that! I think Tyrone are massively overpriced.

Bookies rarely wrong, both games yesterday were won by the favourites.

rrhf

The provinces help  ensure safe passage.

macdanger2

Quote from: rrhf on August 02, 2015, 08:02:43 AM
The provinces help  ensure safe passage.

Bollix. A handy provincial championsip allows ulster counties make the QFs without breaking a sweat. Galway and Sligo were out on their feet yesterday after slogging through Connacht

GrandMasterFlash

I can't see there being much in it but I think Monaghan have the edge in terms of our system of play and our players. Monaghan have shown great experience in games this year, something we didn't have in previous years e.g. Tyrone in the 2007 & 2010 Ulster finals. Tyrone are definitely building momentum but I think they'll face a totally different animal than Sligo yesterday, with all respect to Sligo.

There's no doubt revenge will play a big part in this game. 2013 was horrible; S Cavanagh got D Hughes harshly yellow carded, Gollogly missing the goal chance, the the McManus fiasco, the result!! It was sore to watch from a Monaghan point of view.

Here's the BBC link from the game:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/northern-ireland/23529081 It didn't lack action in fairness!

I have a lot of respect for Tyrone, they've some great players and will certainly not fear Monaghan..

I still think we'll do it though..  ;)

rrhf

Definitely have to give monaghan lots of credit and respect for what they have achieved with probably their best ever group of players.  It's probably the  last throw of the dice for a number of the group.   I think monaghan are in the mindset for all Ireland finals whereas Tyrone are in bonus territory.  Think the team and management have really had a great run at it.  But as a Tyrone man it makes me  sad to say that it is Monaghan who will be everybodies favourites to win by 5 or 6 points. This monaghan team are determined to put Sam on the mantlepiece at castle Leslie?

SouthDublinBro

Monaghan in Croke Park are a different team to Monaghan in Clones. They actually put it up to Dublin in the league in Clones, but seemingly get blinded by the big floodlights of Croker and don't know what to do.

Would be happy to be proven wrong as I don't particularly care a jot for Tyrone, but they should have enough to beat Monaghan here.