Maigh Eo v Ciarrai, 1700, 30ú Lúnasa, Gaelic Grounds

Started by macdanger2, August 03, 2014, 10:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: larryin89 on August 05, 2014, 11:49:02 AM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 05, 2014, 09:06:02 AM
Quote from: larryin89 on August 04, 2014, 11:01:41 PM
yerra me bollix. I never said it was the reason Kerry have won all Irelands , it just needs pointing out to the complete fuckwits like the bomber and the rest of them that Kerry engage in the dark arts .

So they are saying Mayo are "streewise". Big Deal. That is a compliment if anything.
It is certainly better than calling the Mayo players cowards like I have heard some Mayo "fans" refer to their own players.

To me that is much worse and is the lowest of the low in terms of how you refer to a team.

This 'streetwise' thing is no compliment and Brians pre match bullshit, contrary to belief  had Cillian and kev mac under scrutiny v Cork.

Comments supporters make are irrelevant, smart arse prk ya, there were things said about varley sunday night that could nearly warrant an arrest but such is the nature of passionate supporters , things will be said. Media and pundits like Bomber have a responsibility and the Kerry brigade are the worst in the land at this malarkey , arrogant shower of ......

No, I think that comments supporters make are relevant if they are made a full day after the game. You can't ascribe that to heat of the moment stuff. For example, if a fella was to single out a player from his county and call him a coward , well, I think he would be the worst kind of prk and a fella like him would have no cause to be going on about something quite minor like alluding to streetwise tactics employed by an inter-county team.

Of course, this is a purely hypothetical discussion we are having here because I'm sure no Mayo supporter would say such horrible things about their own players and I'm sure Mayo supporters would deem it a little premature to be calling other counties supporters prks or other counties ex-players fuckwits this early with, what, 3 weeks to go to the game. You probably should keep some of that powder dry.

mayoman dan

So our old nemesis Kerry.Will they target our age old weakness and will our worst nightmare be positioned on the edge of the square to do it? Any word on Cillians injury?

yellowcard

As a neutral observer I get the impression that Kerry deep down not only believe they will beat Mayo but expect to beat them. There are never any inferiority issues with the kingdom when it comes to Mayo. It makes this game all the more interesting as I think that Mayo have the better overall players and team structure. Mentally this will be a huge game for Mayo and if they did win it then they could take fresh confidence ahead of an AI final. If Mayo can deal with O'Donoghue up front and restrict him to 2 or 3 points then I only see one winner in this game. Its only a few years ago that if you stopped Kerry in one area of their forward line, then someone else would perform. I don't think they have those options now and Fitzmaurice has done a fine job with the players at his disposal.   

mayoman dan

Quote from: yellowcard on August 05, 2014, 07:35:16 PM
As a neutral observer I get the impression that Kerry deep down not only believe they will beat Mayo but expect to beat them. There are never any inferiority issues with the kingdom when it comes to Mayo. It makes this game all the more interesting as I think that Mayo have the better overall players and team structure. Mentally this will be a huge game for Mayo and if they did win it then they could take fresh confidence ahead of an AI final. If Mayo can deal with O'Donoghue up front and restrict him to 2 or 3 points then I only see one winner in this game. Its only a few years ago that if you stopped Kerry in one area of their forward line, then someone else would perform. I don't think they have those options now and Fitzmaurice has done a fine job with the players at his disposal.

But thats the problem yellowcard Mayo wont stop O Donoghue.Now im not having a go at whoever will end up marking him but a top manager will see that if he is kept quiet Mayos chances of winning the game increase significantly.O Donoghue will be left 1 on 1 with his marker and be given every oppourtunity to destroy us when what we should be doing IMO is playing a sweeper in front of him.The mayo management are still very naive when it comes to setting up our team.

Syferus

So lads - how will ye cope with the planned train strike the day of the match?

Crete Boom

Quote from: Syferus on August 05, 2014, 10:52:40 PM

Well hopefully it will mean none of the Kerry team will show up and with the help of your magic bus we will scrape a draw. ;D We will take an awful pasting in the replay though :'(

moysider

Quote from: Syferus on August 05, 2014, 10:52:40 PM

Sure what effect would that have. Not like Croke Park has a subway station or anything. That's one of the reasons the location is a mess and unsuitable for concerts - and matches for that matter.

criostlinn

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 05, 2014, 01:16:16 AM
Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on August 05, 2014, 12:54:10 AM
yerra me bollix. I never said it was the reason Kerry have won all Irelands , it just needs pointing out to the complete fuckwits like the bomber and the rest of them that Kerry engage in the dark arts .

So you're forming opinions on a county team based on what a 60 year old (or thereabouts) ex-player says in a paper article? Totally logical.

Well he does have 7 AI's in his back pocket. He has to know some thing about the game?

I'll have you know bomber like a lot of Kerry men don't keep the medals in the back pocket anymore. He along with a lot of the Kerry golden generation found it hard to sit with all these medal in the arse pocket and as a result many have suffered severe back problems

Rossfan

I presume most lads keep their medals in a drawer ( Kerry) or in a press or cabinet ( everywhere else).

Where did this "back pocket" cliche come from? I suppose the same place as the "wide open spaces of Croke Park" or "Galway always do well in Croke Park" or the "Hyde is a fortress"( I wish...) etc etc.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

highorlow

QuoteSo lads - how will ye cope with the planned train strike the day of the match?

Are ye offering yer bus Sy seen as it's parked up now for the rest of the season?
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Msgr. Horan

Quote from: Rossfan on August 06, 2014, 10:57:43 AM
I presume most lads keep their medals in a drawer ( Kerry) or in a press or cabinet ( everywhere else).

Where did this "back pocket" cliche come from? I suppose the same place as the "wide open spaces of Croke Park" or "Galway always do well in Croke Park" or the "Hyde is a shithole" etc etc.
Fixed that for ya, except its not a cliche in that case

Rossfan

Quote from: Msgr. Horan on August 06, 2014, 05:31:35 PM

Where did this "back pocket" cliche come from? I suppose the same place as the "wide open spaces of Croke Park" or "Galway always do well in Croke Park" or the "Hyde is a shithole" etc etc.
Don't give up the day job ;)
As for the match - I suspect the Mayowestros bucks will prevail as various Kerry pundits will be left complaining about unfair tactics etc.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Msgr. Horan

Quote from: Rossfan on August 06, 2014, 05:39:15 PM
Quote from: Msgr. Horan on August 06, 2014, 05:31:35 PM

Don't give up the day job ;)
As for the match - I suspect the Mayowestros bucks will prevail as various Kerry pundits will be left complaining about unfair tactics etc.
This is the day job! :)

Seamus

Quote from: criostlinn on August 06, 2014, 10:39:59 AM
Quote from: From the Bunker on August 05, 2014, 01:16:16 AM
Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on August 05, 2014, 12:54:10 AM

So you're forming opinions on a county team based on what a 60 year old (or thereabouts) ex-player says in a paper article? Totally logical.

Well he does have 7 AI's in his back pocket. He has to know some thing about the game?

I'll have you know bomber like a lot of Kerry men don't keep the medals in the back pocket anymore. He along with a lot of the Kerry golden generation found it hard to sit with all these medal in the arse pocket and as a result many have suffered severe back problems

Bomber does not possess any of those 7 AI medals any longer as he gave them all away to charity.
"I wish I could inspire the same confidence in the truth which is so readily accorded to lies".

Farrandeelin

Our defence is shambolic all year. Our forwards (however they manage to do it, because it's not coming from the sideline) somehow manage to score more than we concede. I said earlier on in the year that it would be a quarter final at best for Mayo. I think this game will be our last this year, unless Horan has some plan, and if he has I think he may need to use a few different substitutions the next day.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.