Maigh Eo v Ciarrai, 1700, 30ú Lúnasa, Gaelic Grounds

Started by macdanger2, August 03, 2014, 10:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larryin89

When the referee is appointed for this clash , he needs to have a good look at the Galway /Kerry game from yesterday, they are the real streetwise team , Declan o Sullivan buys frees all day long a complete fraud , Killian Young near boxed the head off Lundy before the ball was even thrown in , and the buck that went back to mark Conroy just held onto his shirt all day and it didnt go punished even once.

These kerry boys are unbelievable because they give out this image of holier than thou but they are far from it, they never shut the fook up in the refs ear too.  They are bullies and need addressing.

Already bomber is calling Mayo cynical and singling out players. The Kerry media machine and admirers will be getting into full swing to add to this bizzare image that has been created about Mayo. Simply because Mayo have become unMayo like and wont be bullied .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: larryin89 on August 04, 2014, 10:35:37 PM
When the referee is appointed for this clash , he needs to have a good look at the Galway /Kerry game from yesterday, they are the real streetwise team , Declan o Sullivan buys frees all day long a complete fraud , Killian Young near boxed the head off Lundy before the ball was even thrown in , and the buck that went back to mark Conroy just held onto his shirt all day and it didnt go punished even once.

These kerry boys are unbelievable because they give out this image of holier than thou but they are far from it, they never shut the fook up in the refs ear too.  They are bullies and need addressing.

Already bomber is calling Mayo cynical and singling out players. The Kerry media machine and admirers will be getting into full swing to add to this bizzare image that has been created about Mayo. Simply because Mayo have become unMayo like and wont be bullied .

::) Yerra shur Kerry only win All Irelands by bullying and being dirty, tis true for you.

Meanwhile in the real world...This game is going to be interesting. Neither team showed top form yesterday, Mayo could definitely have been caught, but then again will have learned a bit more than Kerry did.

Fascinating tactical battle and given that Donie is on the line with Mayo, I would be very worried that Mayo will have a tactical edge on us.

None of the Kerry v Mayo meetings since 96 are really relevant to the discussion as this is clearly a different Mayo team and a slightly lesser Kerry team aswell to be honest, but I still don't see a whole lot being between the teams either way.
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

Syferus

Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on August 04, 2014, 10:47:21 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on August 04, 2014, 10:35:37 PM

::) Yerra shur Kerry only win All Irelands by bullying and being dirty, tis true for you.

Meanwhile in the real world...This game is going to be interesting. Neither team showed top form yesterday, Mayo could definitely have been caught, but then again will have learned a bit more than Kerry did.

Fascinating tactical battle and given that Donie is on the line with Mayo, I would be very worried that Mayo will have a tactical edge on us.

None of the Kerry v Mayo meetings since 96 are really relevant to the discussion as this is clearly a different Mayo team and a slightly lesser Kerry team aswell to be honest, but I still don't see a whole lot being between the teams either way.

The Kerryman hasn't stopped Horan masking all manner of tactical clangers so far.

larryin89

yerra me bollix. I never said it was the reason Kerry have won all Irelands , it just needs pointing out to the complete fuckwits like the bomber and the rest of them that Kerry engage in the dark arts .

cicfada

I just can't see mayo losing this one to be honest. Mayo have all the aces in the midfield diamond, ie winning clean or breaking ball in that area. The Kerry defence is weak when run at and mayo won't be as naive as Galway when dealing with o Donoghue . Mayos full back line is shaky but I'd be more worried about Donegal or Dublin in that regard. Mayo to win this by 4 or 5 in my opinion !

moysider

Quote from: cicfada on August 04, 2014, 11:25:35 PM

I just can't see mayo losing this one to be honest. Mayo have all the aces in the midfield diamond, ie winning clean or breaking ball in that area. The Kerry defence is weak when run at and mayo won't be as naive as Galway when dealing with o Donoghue . Mayos full back line is shaky but I'd be more worried about Donegal or Dublin in that regard. Mayo to win this by 4 or 5 in my opinion !

:'( Did ye not see the damage O Neill and Hurley did. Granted Cork had 2 but I expect we ll go 1 on 1 with O Donoghue which will mean the lad will get plenty of chances to beat us like the marquee forwards in all teams do against Mayo. It s not that Mayo full back line is shaky, it is that we re one of the few teams left that play a full back line. Most teams play a mass defence. Our fb line must be some boyos to actually be trusted to deal with top forwards without all that xtra cover. It s Horan s way but has cost us and nearly did again yesterday.

Our problem is of course our ff line and that is where the bother started yesterday as well.

macdanger2

The Kerry lads I know seem very confident about this game. Giving it the usual party line about being a tough game but a couple of them have already put a decent sum on kerry -1 @ 15/8

larryin89

Quote from: macdanger2 on August 05, 2014, 12:36:10 AM
The Kerry lads I know seem very confident about this game. Giving it the usual party line about being a tough game but a couple of them have already put a decent sum on kerry -1 @ 15/8

Thats mental, a group of Kerry men were in my company today, a couple of them were flying back to the UK and they all did similar bets before they left,one of them even backed Kerry to win by 16 or more at 40/1 and another one a lad from Killarney has this bizzare notion that the Gooch wil be motm on the day, i says to him surely you know the gooch is out for the year , ' ahhh my litttle Mayo man , stranger things have happened' was his reply, whatever hes on , ill have a bit of it.

Confidence is sky high with the kingdom, sure it is an honour to be on the pitch with them anyway.

Dublinv Kerry final, sure there is a song already wrote about it

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: larryin89 on August 04, 2014, 11:01:41 PM
yerra me bollix. I never said it was the reason Kerry have won all Irelands , it just needs pointing out to the complete fuckwits like the bomber and the rest of them that Kerry engage in the dark arts .

So you're forming opinions on a county team based on what a 60 year old (or thereabouts) ex-player says in a paper article? Totally logical.
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

moysider

This is Mayo's AI final really. All codding and joking aside we all know it is.

If we beat Kerry most of us won t be getting tickets for final anyway. And seeing as Kerry folk don t do semis unless it s the Dubs we can swamp Croke Park for this. We could do with a good day out agin Kerry agin.

highorlow

QuoteYes, sure the bookies had Armagh at 5/6 against Meath and they won by 5 points so with Mayo at 4/5 it should be even more than that.
Sure look Kerry bate Cork by 12 points in the Munster Final and Mayo bate Cork by
Oh no.....

The Kerry v Cork game is not a formline to follow. The 2 quarters are. The provincial games are not knock out games so they should be discounted.

It was interesting to see Harrison and Freeman coming in on Sunday. Those two played well the last day against Kerry.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Mike Sheehy

So they are saying Mayo are "streewise". Big Deal. That is a compliment if anything.
It is certainly better than calling the Mayo players cowards like I have heard some Mayo "fans" refer to their own players.

To me that is much worse and is the lowest of the low in terms of how you refer to a team.   

Msgr. Horan

Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on August 04, 2014, 10:47:21 PM

When the referee is appointed for this clash , he needs to have a good look at the Galway /Kerry game from yesterday, they are the real streetwise team ,

Sure havent ye got Cian "with the bad back who cant travel very far in the car because of it" O'Neill, so theres a double agent in both camps

larryin89

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 05, 2014, 09:06:02 AM

So they are saying Mayo are "streewise". Big Deal. That is a compliment if anything.
It is certainly better than calling the Mayo players cowards like I have heard some Mayo "fans" refer to their own players.

To me that is much worse and is the lowest of the low in terms of how you refer to a team.

This 'streetwise' thing is no compliment and Brians pre match bullshit, contrary to belief  had Cillian and kev mac under scrutiny v Cork.

Comments supporters make are irrelevant, smart arse prk ya, there were things said about varley sunday night that could nearly warrant an arrest but such is the nature of passionate supporters , things will be said. Media and pundits like Bomber have a responsibility and the Kerry brigade are the worst in the land at this malarkey , arrogant shower of ......

yellowcard

O'Donoghue up until now has benefitted from naïve tactics from both Cork and Galway. Keith Higgins will not afford him the space that he got in the previous 2 matches. Though he is a talented player, the comparisions to the Gooch are far too premature and far off the mark imo in any case. As for the game itself, I would expect Kerry to pull out a big performance in this one and it is a hard one to call. It is a great opportunity for mayo to put the perceived Kerry hoodoo to rest though and I hope and think they will shade it.