All Ireland senior football final 2012 Donegal v Mayo

Started by rrhf, August 26, 2012, 08:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

Well who do we want here?

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

From the Bunker

.......and a bit of space after the slash, seeing you gave Dublin space before it!  ;)

cadence

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 26, 2012, 09:26:02 PM
.......and a bit of space after the slash, seeing you gave Dublin space before it!  ;)

we'll be giving none of yous any space in the final, you better get used to it!

Syferus

The day the curse dies.

The day the most merciless leader in the North-West since Ming Flanagan is over-thrown.

Believe.

MaigheoAbu

I second the capital letter!Mayo deserve some recognitition here!

MaigheoAbu

Quote from: cadence on August 26, 2012, 09:37:31 PM

Haha you will need all the space when ye come up against Mayo next week!It will certainly be an interesting semi final!I may sound a little  biased here but Mayo to win for definite:)

rrhf

cadence

Quote from: MaigheoAbu on August 26, 2012, 10:59:21 PM
Quote from: cadence on August 26, 2012, 09:37:31 PM

Haha you will need all the space when ye come up against Mayo next week!It will certainly be an interesting semi final!I may sound a little  biased here but Mayo to win for definite:)

sorry, i meant both dubs and mayo... i'm from donegal.

perfectly ok for no capital for mayo... it's the least of your worries after all. best concentrate on the dubs first and then to deal with the important capital letter issue.  ;)

ONeill

How do you beat Donegal?

They will maul Mayo.

Dublin can possibly match them in terms of the work done over the last 18 months but have they the drive to burst a lung this year?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Syferus

Quote from: ONeill on August 26, 2012, 11:51:02 PM
How do you beat Donegal?

They will maul Mayo.

Dublin can possibly match them in terms of the work done over the last 18 months but have they the drive to burst a lung this year?

Incredible levels of disrespect in this thread.

James Horan has done as impressive a job with Mayo as Jim McGuiness has with Donegal. They are one of the fittest teams in the country and if anything are even more hungry than Donegal are, they are one of the few teams in the country that could out-last Donegal.

If you told Mayo they could win the All-Ireland by beating Dublin and Donegal they'd have bit your hand off. If Mayo prove good enough to beat Dublin they most certainly can give Donegal an almighty rattle. The gap between the top four or five is minuscule at best.

moysider

How do you beat Donegal?

They will maul Mayo.

How is it always that Mayo get the kicking even though somebody else lost today?

Donegal did maul us already in Ballyshannon this year. In hindsight actually did us a favour and we learned. In a later pitch opening we showed we absorbed some lesson.

I m sure Donegal would prefer to play the losers of next weeks semi  ;)

Realistically though they would want Dublin in the final. It might keep them grounded as they would be fully expected to beat Mayo which brings its own problems. McGuinnes will also realise that the mauling in Ballyshannon and the challenge match has burned a bit of powder with Mayo.

ONeill

Mayo might beat Dublin. They won't beat Donegal. They're not physical enough.

Whereas if Dublin make the final, their experience, venue and work over this last two years makes it a close one to call.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Syferus on August 27, 2012, 12:03:02 AM
How do you beat Donegal?

They will maul Mayo.

Incredible levels of disrespect in this thread.

James Horan has done as impressive a job with Mayo as Jim McGuiness has with Donegal. They are one of the fittest teams in the country and if anything are even more hungry than Donegal are, they are one of the few teams in the country that could out-last Donegal.

If you told Mayo they could win the All-Ireland by beating Dublin and Donegal they'd have bit your hand off. If Mayo prove good enough to beat Dublin they most certainly can give Donegal an almighty rattle. The gap between the top four or five is minuscule at best.
Donegal have just beaten three of the last four All Ireland winners their hunger is second to none and they deserve all the plaudits. In fairness Mayo have a bit to go before reaching that level.

Syferus

Quote from: ONeill on August 27, 2012, 12:07:18 AM
Mayo might beat Dublin. They won't beat Donegal. They're not physical enough.

Whereas if Dublin make the final, their experience, venue and work over this last two years makes it a close one to call.

Mayo are perhaps the nastiest team in the country in contact. There's a serious physical edge to Mayo this year and it seems like just about everyone outside Connacht is still reading from the 'Lovely Little Connacht Teams' script that was applicable for so long.

Mayo can hang with Donegal in the physical exchanges. I'd go as far as to say Mayo and Donegal are kindred spirits in most aspects of their play and preparation.