RIP Michaela McAreavey

Started by MR99, January 10, 2011, 05:03:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rav67

armaghniac

Tommy Gorman states on RTE that she was found dead. Statement says that she was killed.

Joint statement by Bishop John McAreavey and Mr Mickey Harte
"We wish to confirm that we have received confirmation this afternoon that Michaela, married on 30 December 2010 to John McAreavey, was killed today in Mauritius where the couple were on honeymoon.   

"We ask for prayers for Michaela, John and their families and loved one.

"Both families are deeply shocked and devastated by this tragic news and they ask for privacy and space at this time of profound grief.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

mannix

Harold Disgracey

David McKeown

2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Breffni_Yank

In absolute shock. Just can't believe it.

Had the pleasure of meeting her once and feel like I know her better than I do from reading Mickey's books a couple of times.

No details given about the death whatsover. Could someone PM me if they know anything.

I just can't believe it.

RIP

ross matt

God rest her. God help her husband and family. Heart goes out to Mickey. She seemed to never leave his side during all those great victories in Croke Park. He comes across as a deeply spiritual man. Hopefully it will stand to him now. Terrible terrible tragedy. Tyrone have had far more than their share....

The Worker

sammymaguire

NO-ONE deserves that! shocking news RIP and condolences to all connected to this tragic event
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

imtommygunn

That is shocking.

Thoughts and prayers go out to the Harte family and the poor husband.

R.I.P.

Puckoon

I for one am in utter shock with this news. Only met the girl once - but like another poster in this thread, I felt like you got a sense of how important she was in the fortunes of Tyrone football with that youthful childhood belief in the boys of 97-98 and her dad steering the ship from what has been written about her.

Too many thoughts of too much death associated with this dynasty and I have no idea how Mickey Harte can cope with this.

Dumbfounded.

Rest In Peace.

theLoup

Condolences to the family and husband of Michaela.
Very sad news.
May she rest in peace.

SLIGONIAN

Just back from a funeral this morning, hard to understand this all,

Very sad news, seen a recent documentary on Mickey and he came across very religious, wish him and all his family all the strength in the world. Wish her husband and all the knew her all my sympathies

RIP
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Fear ón Srath Bán

Utterly devastating news, almost impossible to take it in. RIP Michaela.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...