Car Boot Sales

Started by marty34, September 16, 2019, 11:05:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marty34

Anyone know of any good car boot sales about?  Which is the biggest and best in Ireland?  Currently cleaning house up and some 'junk' collected and no need for half of it!
Might try and off-load a few bits and pieces.
One man's junk is another man's treasure and all that!!

extra time

Saturday morning in Dundrum. Just outside Newcastle. Fair crowd goes every week.

lurganblue

Quote from: extra time on September 16, 2019, 11:41:19 AM
Saturday morning in Dundrum. Just outside Newcastle. Fair crowd goes every week.

Yeah, was going to suggest this one too.

Dire Ear

Granville, Dungannon-  3rd Sat. of the month ?

Aristo 60

I know nothing about car boot sales but do the organizers ever have a say in what is being sold? To me a decent one would be one which is limited to bric-a-brac and junk/treasure. But these places where bulk knock off dvds/ toilet paper/washing up liquid is available ....surely that puts off some of the folk on the right side of the law who are just trying to empty their attics.

marty34

Thanks.  I thought there'd be a lot more about?  Maybe they just went through a phase.
Yeah, I'd just be interested in off-loading bits and pieces we'd gathered up in house.

Is there no big ones in or around Belfast?  Maybe in winter, they're not as popular.  Be cold enough to stand outside for a few hours on a freezing, maybe wet, morning.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: marty34 on September 17, 2019, 08:29:24 AM
Thanks.  I thought there'd be a lot more about?  Maybe they just went through a phase.
Yeah, I'd just be interested in off-loading bits and pieces we'd gathered up in house.

Is there no big ones in or around Belfast?  Maybe in winter, they're not as popular.  Be cold enough to stand outside for a few hours on a freezing, maybe wet, morning.

The odd churches run them every so often in Belfast and Newtownabbey (out my direction) off loaded some stuff years ago? Kids clothes (went quickly enough) wedding presents from auld great aunts ( the crockery prayer book type) but if you've anything decent it's the flaming carboot regular traders that buy it off you when you arrive and sell it on for a decent profit later on!

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

marty34

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 17, 2019, 09:10:18 AM
Quote from: marty34 on September 17, 2019, 08:29:24 AM

The odd churches run them every so often in Belfast and Newtownabbey (out my direction) off loaded some stuff years ago? Kids clothes (went quickly enough) wedding presents from auld great aunts ( the crockery prayer book type) but if you've anything decent it's the flaming carboot regular traders that buy it off you when you arrive and sell it on for a decent profit later on!

Lol.

Dougal Maguire

There used to be a Saturday fortnightly one in the Shambles in Armagh which was quite good. I thought the Dundrum one was on a Sunday morning
Careful now