Laois U20 Championship

Started by The Monument Road, October 06, 2019, 11:19:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Monument Road

Looking at the weekend first round results  I see some alarming results/outcomes..Graiguecullen  conceded...Porylaoise well beaten, Stradbally parish well beaten. It confirms my view that a shift from traditional football strongholds is happening...Is this because these traditional strongholds have or are not doing enough at ground level.Normal hurling strongholds are now coming to the fore in senior adult football. Ballyfinn @ Rosenallis are proving my view..

Silkyskillssunshinee

Portlaoise were missing their few senior lads because of next week and they would have surely made a difference. Still a good win for O'Dempsey's who wouldn't be strong underage.

Portarlington will be the big favourites for this I'd imagine.

Neutralobserver

St Joseph's and emo courtwood wont be to bad either. Run on a group stage this year so bit early to write any one off as yet

Jd

I think Courtwood  Emo as St. Paul's would have won at this level all the way up and they have 5 of this years Laois u20 panel so probably won't be too bad. Port will be very strong too and then Ballyroan I'd imagine.

Blow-in

No sypkathy for Graiguecullen after their Junior c debacle. Major problems in that club now. When a club with that size put more effort into winning a Junior C title you know they are falling apart

Laois Rising

In fairness to Graigue they enter their juvenile sides in the A grades and are by and large competitive against mostly amalgamation sides in these A competitions. While there is work to be done in improving their underage structures within the club and fight off the threat of losing players to their friends in the parish Killeshin there are other 'traditional' football strongholds entering teams at B level and really struggling. This is something that needs to be address and Games Development coaches need to be targeting these clubs and providing the required assistance to get the show back up and running in these clubs.   

Portbush

I think this has the making of a good championship if it's run right. The main problem is to many teams are amalgamated form year to year you don't know who's joining with who. The rock with Paul's one year next year it was gone. port beat ballyroan well I think ballyroan  barely had a team. to few underage teams and too many senior teams picking from it.this has to have a long term effect

BobbyBoucherJr

Quote from: Silkyskillssunshinee on October 06, 2019, 11:56:55 AM
Portlaoise were missing their few senior lads because of next week and they would have surely made a difference. Still a good win for O'Dempsey's who wouldn't be strong underage.

Portlaoise missing 6 senior panel members

The PRO

Quote from: BobbyBoucherJr on October 07, 2019, 09:43:48 PM
Quote from: Silkyskillssunshinee on October 06, 2019, 11:56:55 AM

Portlaoise missing 6 senior panel members
Just shows the value of this championship. I suppose it's better than last years under 19 when Portlaoise didn't field at all and the final wasn't ever played..

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Great lineup this weekend, and all at 4.30...
This is from the OFFICIAL Laois website which seriously needs someone to look after it..  :(

Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Don Draper

Whats wrong with them being at 4.30?

The PRO

12-10-2019  16:30  BALLYLINAN V KILLESHIN BALLYLINAN GAA PITCH

12-10-2019  16:30  BALLYLINAN V PARK/RATHENISKA-SPINK BALLYLINAN GAA PITCH  JOE BRENNAN

12-10-2019  16:30  SARSFIELDS GAELS V PARK/RATHENISKA-SPINK

I think this is the problem!! Very bad site

Silkyskillssunshinee

Don't think any of the teams entering the B championship played last weekend. I'd say there will be a lot of walkovers in this.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Quote from: Don Draper on October 09, 2019, 12:03:38 PM
Nothing if a team could divide itself in two.. Ballylinan have to play two games against two different teams at the same time and venue. Park have the same problem.. Are you sure you're not making out these fixtures Don  :)
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Don Draper

Quote from: Junior Ex Laoistalk on October 11, 2019, 01:58:01 AM
Quote from: Don Draper on October 09, 2019, 12:03:38 PM
Nothing if a team could divide itself in two.. Ballylinan have to play two games against two different teams at the same time and venue. Park have the same problem.. Are you sure you're not making out these fixtures Don  :)
I read it that you had a problem with the throw in. I believe the competition is based on being a Friday night one, but of course many clubs dont have the facilities, hence 4.30 throw ins. The biggest issue here will be the timing once again and the sheer lack of interest. Young lads away in college or working weekend jobs, it's going to be a f**king disaster.