The Official Euro 2016 Thread

Started by laoislad, May 22, 2016, 12:34:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrdeeds

Free before goal a dodgy handball decision. Pepe is a horrible cnut but what a game.

BennyCake

Surely Ronaldo will lift the trophy with no shirt on?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: mikehunt on July 10, 2016, 10:33:16 PM
Great team performance by Portugal. Wouldn't have happened with Ronaldo on the pitch.

Ok mystic meg

France thought they just had to show up.... Portugal have played crap bar one game and to be honest haven't really been troubled at the back...

Ronaldo has achieved a serious amount of trophies in his career, only one missing from all the main ones about
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Pepe is a knob but he is a great defender. Not many, if any, better players about.

Line Ball

Good enough for that p***k Deschamps.  French captain Blanc missed the 1998 World Cup final due to suspension but the wee arsehole took all the glory and lifted the cup himself and never included Blanc at any stage. 

TabClear

Quote from: Minder on July 10, 2016, 10:12:34 PM
Quote from: TabClear on July 10, 2016, 10:01:32 PM
Quote from: mikehunt on July 10, 2016, 09:57:02 PM
Quote from: TabClear on July 10, 2016, 09:53:24 PM
Quote from: maigheo on July 10, 2016, 08:31:30 PM
Tough on Ronaldo but looks a little foolish needing a stretcher.

Hard to feel any sympathy for him. Great player but a petulant, arrogant bollox and his attitude towards his teammates is a disgrace at times. Thank God for Messi!!
Ronaldo wanted the final to be all about him. The only way that was going to happen was be crying off injured. Should never be considered one of the greats.

Add much as i dislike him he has every right to be considered one of the "Tier 2" greats.  His record is incredible.  But he will never be in the mix with Pele,Diego and Messi in the GOAT debate.

Why not ?

Because in my opinion he's not as good as the three I mentioned. Much like Zidane, Ronaldo1, Ronaldinho, Maldini et al. Great footballers but not quite as good as others. There may be other players like Cruyff who I did nt see play enough to comment on who could be included. But not Ronaldo.

Personally I rate him as the 3rd best I've seen play over an entire career behind Messi and Zizou and on a part with Ronaldinho. Maradona and Pele are always included in the GOAT conversation. Only my opinion of course.

Captain Obvious

Well done to Portugal pay back for 2004. No outstanding international team at the moment the world cup should be wide open.

trueblue1234

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 10, 2016, 10:40:13 PM
Quote from: mikehunt on July 10, 2016, 10:33:16 PM
Great team performance by Portugal. Wouldn't have happened with Ronaldo on the pitch.

Ok mystic meg

France thought they just had to show up.... Portugal have played crap bar one game and to be honest haven't really been troubled at the back...

Ronaldo has achieved a serious amount of trophies in his career, only one missing from all the main ones about

WTF? France were in the Euro final, and you think they thought they just had to turn up? How in under fcuk did you come to that conclusion?
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

From the Bunker

Green and Red ribbons on a Major trophy after many years of hurt. Could this be an omen?

seafoid

Lots of teams beat their bogey teams. Italy beat Spain. Germany beat Italy. France beat Germany Portugal beat France
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

BennyCake

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 10, 2016, 10:52:33 PM
Green and Red ribbons on a Major trophy after many years of hurt. Could this be an omen?

Er, nope.

Capt Pat

Why did Deschamps take Payet off? Was he injured?

muppet

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 10, 2016, 10:52:33 PM

Yes and our best player is not that popular with other fans.
MWWSI 2017

mikehunt

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 10, 2016, 10:40:13 PM
Quote from: mikehungt on July 10, 2016, 10:33:16 PM

Ok mystic meg

Goal scorer would not have come on if Ronaldo stayed on. Ronaldo doing a John Terry.