club championships

Started by theoriginalmup, November 19, 2006, 04:51:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theoriginalmup

Rhode beat ucd today by a point.ironic that mcnamee scored a penalty against them.

fearglasmor

Quote from: theoriginalmup on November 19, 2006, 04:51:55 PM
Rhode beat ucd today by a point.ironic that mcnamee scored a penalty against them.

He also scored a great point in the second half. Game was 20 minutes on before I got to the telly with Rhode 2-2 to 0-2 up and dominating. UCD came more into it and missed opportunities in the second half but never really looked convincing. Some great displays from county and former county men won it for Rhode. Pascal keelaghan had a horse of a second half playing as an extra defender. Barry and Roy Malone, Alan and Niall McNamee and Shane Sullivan all had good games Bannon at chb looked good too. Great to see the small parish team winning out against the students. Pity Paul McConway had to lose out though.

LilyWhiteAllright

Congrats to Ardclough who beat Raharney of Westmeath in the Leinster Intermediate Hurling Final 2-06 to 2-04

magpie seanie

When I heard that result a broad smile broke out across my face. That wondrous thing about team sport - how the sum of the whole can be greater than the sum of the parts. Guts, heart, determination and the bond between lads who grea up playing together can overcome a league of nations outfit. Sport is still alive.