Mayo v Down Minor thread

Started by Farrandeelin, August 10, 2009, 08:53:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cosmo Kramer

Quote from: Rossfan on August 30, 2009, 02:55:28 PM

If Rossies only stopped banging on about the chunk of your county we stole from you 100 odd years ago ........ :-\

Sorry, I had to fix your post, it was making me nauseous.
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

Rossfan

Not half as nauseous as I am when I see my money that I pay to Ros Co Co being given to a club that wont play in its own County.
Anyway best of luck in the final ...hopefully a few more all Ireland medals will come to our County.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Cosmo Kramer

Well, we'll be massive underdogs (as usual), but we'll give it a lash.
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

bobbiesoxer

well done mayo great win,down were looking too far ahead thought they only had to show up but as i said on an earlier post their forward line is poor and it cost them today c,mon armagh

Mister_Mayor

ahh...what a great win....showed massive maturity in the second half. And what about the Slingerman? Unbelievable..! Underdogs ....no problem.

stew

Congratulations to Mayo, Down disappoint again and I was amazed at the fact they just drilled shots at the keeper instead of mixing in an odd attempt for a point.

Down fair dominated play but the management must come under fire for not telling these boys to stick it over the bar from time to time instead of going for glory.
Mayo will be tough and hopefully Armagh will be well prepared for them and we finally win another minor AI.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

D4S

Quote from: bobbiesoxer on August 30, 2009, 03:11:21 PM
well done mayo great win,down were looking too far ahead thought they only had to show up but as i said on an earlier post their forward line is poor and it cost them today c,mon armagh

Definitely not true sayin as down were underdogs with the bookies ::)
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

PatDaly

Quote from: DownFanatic on August 26, 2009, 09:31:44 PM
This Down Minor team have come up against a lot of adversity this year and they have generally pulled through with flying colours bar the Ulster Final.

I fully believe that Down will beat Mayo on Sunday and that they will defeat Armagh in the Final. We have a measly defence who can surprisingly merge tackling and marking with attacking instincts.

All six starting forwards are natural scorers while as the Wobbler stated we have more natural flair players in the wings to come in when required.

Good man "DownFanatic" typical Down slabber.  :D :D :D :D ;D ;D

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Rossfan on August 30, 2009, 03:03:55 PM
Not half as nauseous as I am when I see my money that I pay to Ros Co Co being given to a club that wont play in its own County.
Anyway best of luck in the final ...hopefully a few more all Ireland medals will come to our County.
Geez, Ross, I am always a bit suspicious that you and Sligonian are one and the same poster.   ;D

Long before county councils became local govt. administration units, Ballagh was playing football in Mayo and may they continue to do so for as long more.
You sheep aficionados (I been waiting to use that word for a long time!) seem to ignore the fact that it says nowhere in any GAA rule book that the GAA should base its county boards on what local politicians come up with. If that was the case, Dublin should be split in three.
I say that Ballagh opted to play in Mayo and only Ballagh has the right to decide if it wants to leave.
Forget it and give Mayo (and Ballagh) due credit for what the lads did today.
That second half fightback was mighty and I hope all the senior players were watching and maybe learn a thing or two.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

muppet

Well done Ray Dempsey and the lads.

Ross you can't change history, you were born in Ros and that's it. 

MWWSI 2017

Rossfan

Quote from: muppet on August 30, 2009, 04:24:12 PM

Ross............... you were born in Ros and that's it.

Which is why I always go around with a permanent smile  :D and thank the good Lord every day.

Anyway I'll refer to ye as Mayo/West Ros from now on. ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

muppet

Quote from: Rossfan on August 30, 2009, 05:38:31 PM
Quote from: muppet on August 30, 2009, 04:24:12 PM

Ross............... you were born in Ros and that's it.

Which is why I always go around with a permanent smile  :D and thank the good Lord every day.

Anyway I'll refer to ye as Mayo/West Ros from now on. ;)

You do that and whatever else you therapist prescribed.  ;D
MWWSI 2017

ballinaman

The 1st half display by Mayo was one of the worst i've seen by a Mayo team at any grade......EVER.

Zulu

The second wasn't great either. I'd worry for that Mayo team against Armagh, although they battled extremely hard all through, showed tremendous pride in the jersey and had some decent performers they aren't able to think on their feet and haven't even one real quality player. In fact like Kerry the week before they have some very poor footballers for this level of football.

bennydorano

Amazing that a team can get beat by 6 points and (genuinely) feel that they should have won.  First half Mayo just let Down do what they pleased and they really should have been out of sight.  Few sleepless nights ahead for the Down lads.