There,ll never be a hurl in Bellaghy

Started by ha ha derry, September 04, 2009, 08:47:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whiskeysteve

Quote from: tonesfirstandlast on September 04, 2009, 12:10:25 PM
Quote from: whiskeysteve on September 04, 2009, 12:07:21 PM
Quote from: tonesfirstandlast on September 04, 2009, 12:01:29 PM
How many were at the semi finals in Celtic Park last Sunday? Embarrassing!

less in number, but greater gaels all!

football is the simple sport for the simple folk - hence the high numbers.

Like viewing figures for the x-factor, quantity does not always mean quality  ;D
Bullshit.. any game that uses weapons and you have to wear helmets can't be called a sport! ;D

verily.... it is greater than sport. we dont need a crowd of spectators to take pride in coming through a battle of a hurling game.  ;D

not footballers merely but hurlers as well. not hurlers merely but footballers as well  ;D
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

lynchbhoy

Quote from: tonesfirstandlast on September 04, 2009, 12:13:50 PM
Have a think about Derry Hurling!

Everybody south of the border stuffs Antrim.#

Antrim stuffs Down

Down Stuffs Derry

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Give it up and stop spending our money which could be used to develop football!
then theres the bellaghy co board chairman that wont give money to the Derry hurlers to improve upon that record ! (which they have done in recent times -with KL's unlucky not to win an ulster title and the ensuing antrim champions not far off winning through to the AI finals themselves afterwardss - so the standard of hurling in Derry by the KL's at least - is obv not that bad!)

tonesfirstandlast

Quote from: johnneycool on September 04, 2009, 12:12:47 PM
Quote from: tonesfirstandlast on September 04, 2009, 11:59:57 AM
Just to requote McCloy " There'll never be a hurl in Bellaghy"

This man is currently county chairman I believe.

He's obviously entitled to his opinion but it should in no way cloud his judgement in such a post as he has to be supportiive of all codes under his jurisdiction and the way club hurling fixtures have been handled in Derry not to mention Brian Magillians outburst last year at how the county hurling team was treated you'd have to question him on that.

Don't start us on McGilligan.... he has been an embarassment to the GAA in Derry over the last few years with his outbursts. McCloy should have suspended him last year.

theskull1

A flippant comment was used to bring up a very serious point. tones want to stick with the flippant rather than deal with the serious point. No point discussing with dead head like that
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

whiskeysteve

bellaghy 'men' wouldn't have the guts to take a rap across the knuckles on a cold february evening in fuckknowswhere in the ulster league.

your 21 titles would be given little respect then, TFAL  ;D
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

ha ha derry

he buys a round in mc reynolds every year after the county final every year lynchboy. you musta missed the monday session.

tonesfirstandlast

Quote from: whiskeysteve on September 04, 2009, 12:21:10 PM
bellaghy 'men' wouldn't have the guts to take a rap across the knuckles on a cold february evening in fuckknowswhere in the ulster league.

your 21 titles would be given little respect then, TFAL  ;D

You boys stick with your ulster hurling league, we'll stick at what we do best....... WIN SENIOR FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS!

ha ha derry

derrys last and only all ireland football title was backboned and i really mean backboned by hurlers like mc gilligan. since they have done away with the dual player they are not compeditive.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: ha ha derry on September 04, 2009, 12:22:02 PM
he buys a round in mc reynolds every year after the county final every year lynchboy. you musta missed the monday session.
I'd be a happy boy too if I only paid for a round once a year !
;)

Only joking - Big show's a gent.

JohnDenver

If you's are going to shout about supporting GAA heritage on all fronts then you have to include Scór, handball and rounders all into that bracket.

You could say that as bellaghy have a handball alley then they are doing as much as a team with only football and hurling.

There are very little clubs who would have accomodated all five aspects.  I think Lissan would be the closest but AFAIK they don't have a handball alley anymore.

ha ha derry

ha ha derry

tonesfirstandlast

Quote from: ha ha derry on September 04, 2009, 12:33:01 PM
dungiven have all but the rounders.

What they lack in rounders, they make up for in headers!

Hoof Hearted

I Remember big red, Mal McTaggart from Dunloy, married to a Bellaghy woman, who came over a number of years ago and tried to get it going, but i just never took off. I love the game myself, and there will be as many in the bar in Sunday watching the AI as there will be for the football, myself included (and drumanee)
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

KingLarsson

Hurlin is for gaylords! Its just crazy cricket!!

UP DA TONES!!!!!!!