Why are Posters obsessed about Dublin GAA??

Started by kerryforsam2018, September 12, 2018, 04:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who is the most obsessed about Dublin GAA

Dinny Breen
5 (17.9%)
Syfin
11 (39.3%)
From the Bunker
5 (17.9%)
Pricey Reilly
6 (21.4%)
RossFan
4 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: September 12, 2019, 04:00:01 PM

OffTheDeck

Jesus I don't like seeing the dubs win as much as the next man but to put the whole thing down to money is ignorance at its finest. There are a lot more factors at play than just money. Population, commitment, facilities and management. They have clearly utilised all these factors and are at a clear advantage for doing so but how do we combat all those things? Start by matching the standard set by them for those other factors and the money may not even matter.

tonto1888

Quote from: priceyreilly on September 19, 2018, 10:41:25 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on September 19, 2018, 06:19:53 PM
Because hard work and talent has nothing to do with it

54 titles since 2005 in all grades and levels. 14 in the previous 13 years. And it just so happened that the enormous funding disparity begun 13 years ago. Some sort of freak coincidence or instringently linked? Let's get real here. It's all bought. I haven't even added in the club titles for clubs in Dublin, it's gone up from 4 to 17 in the past 13 years compared to the 13 before.
I'd like a good laugh so can anyone come up with a reasonable explanation for the huge increase in titles since 2005 which coincided with the huge increase in funding for Dublin GAA?

So you think hard work and talent have no bearing on this at all? And cut the bought titles shite will ye

TheGreatest

Quote from: tonto1888 on September 20, 2018, 09:05:56 AM
Quote from: tonto1888 on September 19, 2018, 06:19:53 PM
Because hard work and talent has nothing to do with it

54 titles since 2005 in all grades and levels. 14 in the previous 13 years. And it just so happened that the enormous funding disparity begun 13 years ago. Some sort of freak coincidence or instringently linked? Let's get real here. It's all bought. I haven't even added in the club titles for clubs in Dublin, it's gone up from 4 to 17 in the past 13 years compared to the 13 before.
I'd like a good laugh so can anyone come up with a reasonable explanation for the huge increase in titles since 2005 which coincided with the huge increase in funding for Dublin GAA?

So you think hard work and talent have no bearing on this at all? And cut the bought titles shite will ye

Wasting your breath on these guys Tonto, multiple threads on the Dubs, they are more obsessed with Dublin than their own team or clubs.

I stated before, people always hated the Dubs, now its gone up 10 fold since the senior footballers have  a good team, which is only a small part of Dublin GAA.

Could you imagine if or when the  Hurlers win an All Ireland, there will be marches through the streets, or fields in some cases.

Long may it continue.

priceyreilly

Quote from: dublin7 on September 19, 2018, 11:24:41 PM
Ah go on, add em up. You love them tables. I'd have thought you'd have one done already. I used your original one to make a screensaver for my computer. Thanks for that. Club titles not as impressive a screensaver. But I'm sure it'll still look good.

Quote from: OffTheDeck on September 20, 2018, 01:51:04 AM
Jesus I don't like seeing the dubs win as much as the next man but to put the whole thing down to money is ignorance at its finest. There are a lot more factors at play than just money. Population, commitment, facilities and management. They have clearly utilised all these factors and are at a clear advantage for doing so but how do we combat all those things? Start by matching the standard set by them for those other factors and the money may not even matter.

Quote from: tonto1888 on September 20, 2018, 09:05:56 AM

Quote from: TheGreatest on September 20, 2018, 09:22:13 AM
Wasting your breath on these guys Tonto, multiple threads on the Dubs, they are more obsessed with Dublin than their own team or clubs.

I stated before, people always hated the Dubs, now its gone up 10 fold since the senior footballers have  a good team, which is only a small part of Dublin GAA.

Could you imagine if or when the  Hurlers win an All Ireland, there will be marches through the streets, or fields in some cases.

Long may it continue.

4 posters couldn't even attempt to answer the question! Here it is again:

Can anyone come up with a reasonable explanation for the huge increase in titles since 2005 which coincided with the huge increase in funding for Dublin GAA?

Go on, give it a go!

manfromdelmonte

If the financial tap was turned way back what would Dublin GAA do?

They'd have to fund their coaching set up from their own funds. Or fundraise to cover costs (which they currently don't have to do)

The county teams and development system would suffer cutbacks (like most counties have done).

So the funding is giving them a big advantage

TheGreatest

@Priceyreilly

In answer to your question,

Hard work by thousands of volunteers, good coaching structures put in place, a long term plan by visionaries, more of the population playing GAA , at underage anyway, a good recruitment drive from clubs, clubs bettering themselves with structures and facilities,  Good corporate governance, good club Community spirit, historical competing and in regards specifically to the senior footballers, Jim Gavin and the structures and mindset he put in place along with some of the naturally gifted footballers the country has produced and some of the hardworking group of footballers every produced in the country.

There you go, have a great day. 

Dire Ear

Would only question one phrase there TheGreatest , " some of the naturally gifted footballers the country"  They are highly trained in Gavins system, but I really think if most counties had the same "opportunities", time ,etc, they may do the same.  There may be more " naturally gifted footballers" in other counties --and no I'm not anti-Dub ......( runs for cover )

Syferus

The usual troll accounts out in full force I see. The sad part is seperating the shallow, one note WUM accounts from the actual opinion of the average Dublin supporter has become less and less obvious as the years have went by.

TheGreatest

Quote from: Dire Ear on September 20, 2018, 02:28:12 PM
Would only question one phrase there TheGreatest , " some of the naturally gifted footballers the country"  They are highly trained in Gavins system, but I really think if most counties had the same "opportunities", time ,etc, they may do the same.  There may be more " naturally gifted footballers" in other counties --and no I'm not anti-Dub ......( runs for cover )

Maybe.

Connolly and Fenton would be natural.

Cluxton had to work hard and mastered it over a very long playing career.

I don't think Jack Mc Pace can be coached?

Etc.

TheGreatest

Quote from: Syferus on September 20, 2018, 02:29:35 PM
The usual troll accounts out in full force I see. Then sad part is seperating the shallow, one note WUM accounts from the actual opinion of the average Dublin supporter has become less and less obvious as the years have went by.

I agree, I think GAA-Board should start banning some of the anti Dub brigade WUM's.

Jaden

Quote from: TheGreatest on September 20, 2018, 02:49:53 PM
I agree, I think GAA-Board should start banning some of the anti Dub brigade WUM's.

I would respectfully disagree.

These WUM accounts are like farts, sure they stink, but still better let out than left in.

priceyreilly

Quote from: TheGreatest on September 20, 2018, 02:11:09 PM
@Priceyreilly

Hard work by thousands of volunteers, good coaching structures put in place, a long term plan by visionaries, more of the population playing GAA , at underage anyway, a good recruitment drive from clubs, clubs bettering themselves with structures and facilities,  Good corporate governance, good club Community spirit, historical competing and in regards specifically to the senior footballers, Jim Gavin and the structures and mindset he put in place along with some of the naturally gifted footballers the country has produced and some of the hardworking group of footballers every produced in the country.

;D We have an answer!!! One that can be ripped apart but an answer at least. Here we go:

Hard work by thousands of volunteers - Every county has hard working volunteers
good coaching structures put in place - Highly financed coaching structures. Paid regional development officers overseeing the work by paid coaches under elite pathway programs
a long term plan by visionaries - A plan devised by the GAA Review Committee and impossible without Bertie support
more of the population playing GAA - Dublin have always had more population playing GAA
at underage anyway - Underage and senior
a good recruitment drive from clubs - This was apart of the plan overseen by the highly paid officers
clubs bettering themselves with structures and facilities - Again, the money provided paid coaches which pushed this
Good corporate governance - The increased success off the back of the financial doping attracted numerous new sponsors worth millions more
good club Community spirit - Same in every county
historical competing and in regards specifically to the senior footballers - Senior footballers moved from a top 8 team to unbeatable, hurlers went from minnows to provincial champions and All Ireland contenders, underage results went from hopeless to dominant, again all bought
Jim Gavin and the structures and mindset he put in place along with some of the naturally gifted footballers the country has produced and some of the hardworking group of footballers every produced in the country - Gaelic Games first professional team! Players created through the multi million euro development system and then coached and prepared by an extensive backroom team consisting of some highly paid coaches. 

So fair play for actually attempting an answer but unfortunately for you, I just batted it out of the park.  :)

TheGreatest

Quote from: priceyreilly on September 20, 2018, 06:46:17 PM
@Priceyreilly

;D We have an answer!!! One that can be ripped apart but an answer at least. Here we go:

good coaching structures put in place - Highly financed coaching structures. Paid regional development officers overseeing the work by paid coaches under elite pathway programs
a long term plan by visionaries - A plan devised by the GAA Review Committee and impossible without Bertie support
more of the population playing GAA - Dublin have always had more population playing GAA
a good recruitment drive from clubs - This was apart of the plan overseen by the highly paid officers
clubs bettering themselves with structures and facilities - Again, the money provided paid coaches which pushed this
Good corporate governance - The increased success off the back of the financial doping attracted numerous new sponsors worth millions more
historical competing and in regards specifically to the senior footballers - Senior footballers moved from a top 8 team to unbeatable, hurlers went from minnows to provincial champions and All Ireland contenders, underage results went from hopeless to dominant, again all bought
Jim Gavin and the structures and mindset he put in place along with some of the naturally gifted footballers the country has produced and some of the hardworking group of footballers every produced in the country - Gaelic Games first professional team! Players created through the multi million euro development system and then coached and prepared by an extensive backroom team consisting of some highly paid coaches. 

So fair play for actually attempting an answer but unfortunately for you, I just batted it out of the park.  :)

Alternative Universe response and not worth a reply. Enjoy your ignorance.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: TheGreatest on September 21, 2018, 08:42:03 AM
@Priceyreilly

Alternative Universe response and not worth a reply. Enjoy your ignorance.

I waa expecting better than that from you.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

mup

@Priceyreilly

Great post.

Don't expect a coherent rebuttal from some of the ostriches on here. I actually like this Dublin team. It's the steadfast refusal by most of their supporters to acknowledge that the upturn in finances is linked to their success is what makes me laugh. Of course there are other reasons but to dismiss the finance one is pathetic.