Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marty34

Quote from: trailer on April 04, 2020, 06:51:58 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on April 04, 2020, 06:45:03 PM
Quote from: Sportacus on April 03, 2020, 10:16:23 PM
I find it weird how much Sinn Fein congratulate each other on Twitter.  It's actually weird how much they do it.

All political parties be at this craic. SF just have an above average social media presence.

They actively recruited people to make a huge social media presence. Try disagreeing with one of them. Next thing they tweet you back tagging their army. It's really intimidating as I suppose it's meant to be. It's nothing like what other political parties or supporters do. SF bring it to a totally different level. And that's the difference.

Ffs, get a life.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

My views on SF are well known so my next question is genuine not a swipe. Has anyone heard anything from Mary Lou? Is she sick?

imtommygunn

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

trailer

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on April 06, 2020, 09:20:28 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on April 06, 2020, 09:13:36 AM
Was she not speaking at the weekend?

Not sure, it is a genuine question

She wrote a piece in the Irish Times at the weekend saying she should Taoiseach even though SF can't form a government. Says FG and FF are using the Pandemic to keep them out of gov.

https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/mary-lou-mcdonald-this-crisis-shows-that-sinn-f%C3%A9in-was-right-1.4220037

Rossfan

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on April 06, 2020, 09:00:19 AM
My views on SF are well known so my next question is genuine not a swipe. Has anyone heard anything from Mary Lou? Is she sick?
She couldn't attend the Dáil on Thursday because she was "feeling under the weather".
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

marty34

Funny you don't include Michael Martin or Peadar Tobin in that sentence.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: marty34 on April 06, 2020, 12:09:11 PM

?
Of course i didn't ,they have both been quite prevalent last few weeks on all media. Got my Easter Lily yesterday from Aontú. Ar son na saoirse.

Itchy

Quote from: Rossfan on April 06, 2020, 11:17:44 AM
She couldn't attend the Dáil on Thursday because she was "feeling under the weather".

And if she went in to the Dail feeling under the weather you and others would criticise her for that too. Feel sick then stay at home is the unofficial motto of Covid Ireland in case you missed that.

Itchy

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on April 06, 2020, 01:25:04 PM

?
Of course i didn't ,they have both been quite prevalent last few weeks on all media. Got my Easter Lily yesterday from Aontú. Ar son na saoirse.

Aontu, now it all makes sense.

marty34

?

Never hear either of them.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Itchy on April 06, 2020, 01:52:19 PM

?

What makes sense? I cant wait for your answer.

I am not a member , but did give Anne McCloskey my vote last time, hard working republican who is well respected up these parts.

Let me guess you are going to tell me I am

Facist(Biggest bullshit I have ever heard about the party-they are left leaning)
misogynist(also a bit odd when Aontú had the highest percentage of female candidates last elections)
or against free choice-I am not that either but do feel that the current arrangements around abortion could be scaled back a little, there are definitely times where it a necessary occurrence.

marty34

?

Hard to see where Aontú are going. Peadar, a nice lad, got elected but the rest got wiped.  Bit right wing for my liking.

He needs to starting delegating the workload otherwise he'll be an ineffective Jim!!

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: marty34 on April 06, 2020, 02:18:26 PM

?

Hard to see where Aontú are going. Peadar, a nice lad, got elected but the rest got wiped.  Bit right wing for my liking.

He needs to starting delegating the workload otherwise he'll be an ineffective Jim!!

I don't think thry are right winged tbh, Conservative on question of abortion, I do agree on the manpower point though.
Need to start at local level first and build, but it's a long long road

Itchy

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on April 06, 2020, 04:41:47 PM
Quote from: marty34 on April 06, 2020, 02:18:26 PM

?

I don't think thry are right winged tbh, Conservative on question of abortion, I do agree on the manpower point though.
Need to start at local level first and build, but it's a long long road

FFS the party was only formed due to abortion issue. They don't stand for anything else you cant find in one of the other parties. I don't like my republicanism tinged with the catholic church.