Mobile Provider options in the North

Started by gallsman, April 03, 2017, 05:22:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Howdy. My good lady friend will be moving back from Barcelona to Belfast imminently for a family emergency. We've long since ditched any UK numbers or SIM cards we had. What are the best options around at the minute for a SIM only plan? She's not a massive data consumer, so absolute max of 4gb a month would be required. Just needs good coverage and a decent call allowance.

Maurice Moss

If she'll be mainly in Belfast it's hard to beat EE, that's who I'm with and find them very good!

Was previously with 02 on a sim only package but wasn't too happy with them. Can't comment on any other providers sorry.

Minder

Quote from: Maurice Moss on April 03, 2017, 05:48:42 PM
If she'll be mainly in Belfast it's hard to beat EE, that's who I'm with and find them very good!

Was previously with 02 on a sim only package but wasn't too happy with them. Can't comment on any other providers sorry.

Yeah EE has the best coverage
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

LeoMc

Quote from: Minder on April 03, 2017, 07:27:29 PM
Quote from: Maurice Moss on April 03, 2017, 05:48:42 PM

Yeah EE has the best coverage
Agreed on the coverage, not sure what they are like for plan costs so another alternative may be Virgin mobile. They piggyback off the EE network.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

gallsman

Thanks, have been looking at a deal of theirs that's 20 a month with data and unlimited minutes and texts. Can't find anything about if that "unlimited" applies to all networks though. Any idea?

Minder

Quote from: gallsman on April 04, 2017, 07:45:50 AM
Thanks, have been looking at a deal of theirs that's 20 a month with data and unlimited minutes and texts. Can't find anything about if that "unlimited" applies to all networks though. Any idea?

Yeah all networks afaik
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

MoChara

GiffGaff always seemed a great deal to me, they work on the O2 signal.
20 quid and you've unlimited (UK) internet, calls and Texts. They do a load of cheaper options too that sound like they would suit well, plus if you run out of your bolt on (they call it a goody bag) you still have free giffgaff to giffgaff calls and texts for the month after.

https://www.giffgaff.com/sim-only-plans

lurganblue

Serious with the EE best coverage craic lads? I always thought it was keek.  Have they improved recently or something?