The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: the waffler on January 07, 2010, 07:45:05 PM
Looking for a society weekend over may bank holiday about 25 lads reasonably priced for 2 nights and 2 rounds of golf any suggestions

Carne Belmullet Co. Mayo

or

Westport.

In the midland try Glasson.
MWWSI 2017

the waffler

anyone playin the all ireland societies comp bein run by the irish star

ha ha derry

Quote from: the waffler on January 07, 2010, 07:45:05 PM
Looking for a society weekend over may bank holiday about 25 lads reasonably priced for 2 nights and 2 rounds of golf any suggestions

Ballyliffin old course and glashedy course. Two fantastic courses and the pints in the clubhouse are magic. :-*

the waffler

they have booked davinci s in derry (FFS)playin city of derry and foyle

ha ha derry

Quote from: the waffler on January 21, 2010, 05:13:33 PM
they have booked davinci s in derry (FFS)playin city of derry and foyle

Bring yer wellies.  :'(

Declan

Good to see Lowry and McIlroy up there in Abu Dhabi

1     Garcia     Spa     67     -11     18
1    Lowry    Ire       -11    16
3    Kaymer    Ger    67    -10    18
3    Davies    Wal    68    -10    18
3    Hanson    Swe       -10    17
6    McIlroy    NI    69    -9    18

Geoff Tipps

Yeah fair play to lowry.He's carrying his good form from the end of last season over.

heganboy

watching a bit of that today- they both played well, if Lowry's putter had held over the weekend he could have taken it...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Billys Boots

Lowry's now into Top-100 at No. 89; fair play to him.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

stephenite

Watched most of this over the weekend-as Heganboy says, if his putting was better he'd have won it, some superb golf played by him.

Kaymer was good value for the win though-will be an important part of Monty's squad you'd imagine.

flantheman82

Hey. Am currently a 21 handicapper whose driving let's me down a bucketload.
I am playing at the k club on Sunday. How is that for wayward drives? Is it forgiving? Or should I drop down a club?
Am really looking forward to the day but don't wanna ruin it by playing like a p***k.

muppet

Quote from: flantheman82 on February 17, 2010, 10:08:47 AM
Hey. Am currently a 21 handicapper whose driving let's me down a bucketload.
I am playing at the k club on Sunday. How is that for wayward drives? Is it forgiving? Or should I drop down a club?
Am really looking forward to the day but don't wanna ruin it by playing like a p***k.

I wouldn't use clubs if I were you. Try a snooker cue.

MWWSI 2017

Geoff Tipps

QuoteHey. Am currently a 21 handicapper whose driving let's me down a bucketload.

Have you tried shortening your swing or holding the driver further down the shaft??

flantheman82

Well I actually had a lesson the other night for the first time and he said that my backswing was way too long. I didn't realise before but I can actually see my driver out of the corner of my eye at the top
of my backswing.
I know what I've to work on but I haven't had a chance to hit anything since so
am a bit wary about trying it in k club.

Geoff Tipps

QuoteWell I actually had a lesson the other night for the first time and he said that my backswing was way too long. I didn't realise before but I can actually see my driver out of the corner of my eye at the top
of my backswing.
I know what I've to work on but I haven't had a chance to hit anything since so
am a bit wary about trying it in k club.

I've never played there but if you're more confident off the tee with a 3 wood or hybrid
stick with it until you get the driver sorted.