The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Brilliant round from Harrington. No bogeys. Even the leaders cannot match that.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Doogie Browser

Wee Rory plodding along nicely at a course he has done well on before in amateur/youth days.

Orior

Quote from: Doogie Browser on March 12, 2009, 11:44:11 PM
Harrington hitting a bit of form now at Doral, but Stenson steals the show today...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/golf/7941044.stm

He wont be allowed in the clubhouse without a collar.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

corn02

Harrington warming up nicely just in time for the major.

It's a no-cut competition, which I don't really see the point of, but looking forward to seeing McIlroy pushing hard for a finish on Sunday.

glens abu

Quote from: corn02 on March 13, 2009, 12:10:12 PM
Harrington warming up nicely just in time for the major.

It's a no-cut competition, which I don't really see the point of, but looking forward to seeing McIlroy pushing hard for a finish on Sunday.

had a wee flutter on him yesterday at 25/1 might give me a sweat.

AFS

Rory played some awesome stuff towards the end of his round today.

magickingdom

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on March 07, 2009, 01:51:21 PM
Is it true that Rory's father played for Down minors?

dont know about his dad but i saw somewhere that his uncle (moms side) played for armagh

ONeill

McIlroy looks like the real deal.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

corn02

He is the real deal, have watched nearly all of his tournament since turning pro. Each week there seems to be improvement. Motoring again tonight. Here is praise:

Tiger Woods tonight tipped Irish golfer Rory McIlroy to one day succeed him as world number one.

Woods, 33, was speaking at Doral after firing a four-under-par 68 in the third round of the WGC-CA Championship.

That took the 14-time Major winner to seven under par for the tournament in his first stroke-play event for nine months following reconstructive knee surgery.

Irish teenager McIlroy, already the world number 16, was bidding to chase down midway leader Phil Mickelson and become the youngest tournament winner in US PGA Tour history at the age of 19 years, 10 months and 12 days.

Asked if McIlroy could one day become world number one, Woods was unequivocal.

"There's no doubt," he said. "There's no doubt.

"The guy's a talent. Hopefully while I'm not around or while I'm around.

"Certainly he has the talent. We can all see it.

"The way he hits the golf ball, the way he putts, the way he can chip, get up and down.

"He has the composure. He has all the components to be the best player in the world, there's no doubt."

While Woods was rehabilitating his left knee following the season-ending surgery he underwent after his US Open victory at Torrey Pines last June, McIlroy has emerged as one of the brightest young stars in the game, rubber-stamping his promise with a maiden professional victory at the Dubai Desert Classic in January.

Now, Woods, said it was just a question of waiting for McIlroy to mature.

"It's just a matter of time and experience and then basically gaining that experience in big events.

"That takes time and I mean, jeez, he's only 19.

"Just give him some time and I'm sure he'll be there."

Orior

Is the OWC's "we exist" campaign not working? Or is it only for soccer?

At the Verizon Heritage PGA golf event at the weekend, Rory McIlroy had a tricolour beside his name.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Doogie Browser

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/golf/8042851.stm

Wild Thing hitting some form in time for his appearance at Baltray later this week, he is sure to attract a big following there.

corn02

Just keeping an eye on the leaderboard, but I see McDowell is -8 for eight today.  :o

Gone from second last to looking like he will make the cut if he pars out.